fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 803 total)
  • Author
    LZ
    Participant

Simple is nice. A higher-priced reward tier for people who want to jump the line and pick before most others would be interesting, though it should be significantly more than the $15 used for the recent pick-your-own cougars. It needs to be high enough to make people think twice about how badly they want to go first. There could even be several prices above the base price, to make it even easier and more organized for Windstone to reach out to people, like airline boarding groups.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Sure!
        Maybe you can write down the names people have already suggested and do a Poll – the name with the most votes wins?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Natasha
        Participant

Lisa Z has a great idea! Airline Groups, but for dragon-picking!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
          Mother: Okapi
          Gothic - Mahogany
          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Melody
          Keymaster

I am thinking of having some standard colors, at a lower price, that may or may not be available in the future after the KS, Like maybe “jade” or “Albino” and then some individually painted ones, like a grab bag edition but ones that people can choose during a live stream or from a class photo. I’ve already painted some sample pieces to show off, so if there are colors people really want I can paint more along those lines, though they won’t be identical.
            I really don’t want to charge people more for choosing first. It is going to be first come first gets, people who miss out on a favorite can request a similar one or I can try to paint a similar one. I don’t want this to turn into custom paint jobs exactly, but I will take suggestions.

Bullsquid
            Participant

Ooh yes, new dragons! A simple straight-foward Kickstarter with just the dragons themselves as rewards should work fine, I would think. But they definitely need a name first. I agree with Ela Hara, a poll with several of the most popular suggestions (pre-approved as acceptable by Windstone, of course). Here are some that people have suggested that are unique enough to not get confused with other sculpts:

Sentry Dragon
              Squire Dragon
              Mystic Dragon
              Seer Dragon
              Bandit Dragon
              Princeling Dragon

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Maybe Categories for color schemes? Cool colors, Hot colors, Autumn, Spring? Black w/accents… Just some suggestions…

Melody
                Keymaster

I like either “Bantam” dragon, meaning someone who punches above their weight, or “Sage” dragon, meaning wise.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

I think I like Sage the best.

Bullsquid
                    Participant

I like Bantam dragon. Makes him sound like a plucky rooster and denotes his small size.

Natasha
                      Participant

Bantam dragon is adorable! I always liked the live streams, but I know some people have trouble with them. I like the idea of choosing your dragon from class pic photos, since that option doesn’t require people to have hearty internet connections to access them, and you wouldnt have to deal with people requesting one in the live stream, only to change their mind and put it back if they saw one they liked better. Maybe a livestream preview, then actual choosing from a labeled photo? Again, these are all only suggestions, and you should absolutely do what’s easiest on you, Susie, Et Al.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

LZ
                        Participant

At least with photos, you can be more sure of seeing it in high quality. The Poad livestreams weren’t always looking good, with the camera focus issues.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Kim
                          Blocked

I like that idea. I think it would be good to have class photos with numbers people can pick from or numbers on the dragons on the Livestream so people can just say which numbers they want. I would as usual love a pink and aqua/teal dragon or rainbow one.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

The livestreams are nice to preview the Dragons, but as mentioned earlier the internet connection can be iffy and trying to get a form filled out and put in was just as hard for me. Also – when you did the Kickstarter Poad livestreams I couldn’t join in the livestreams until the last hour, so before I could even see the first 1/2 to 3/4 or so of the poads being offered, people who could join in at the beginning had already claimed their picks. Which was a big disadvantage to those of us who couldn’t join in the livestreams early, had connectivity issues, or missed them entirely.

I vote for picking from a posted photo as well – but perhaps have people send emails with their first choice, second choice, third choice, etc., like what was done for the remaining Kickstarter Mini-Beans, Baby and Adult Poads. Then the first person to email and claim a specific Dragon gets it. If your first choice was already taken, then you may get your second choice or third choice, etc. It’s similar to doing the forms on the livestreams, but everyone has access to email and no livestream issues or missed livestreams to put some at a disadvantage.

sherry10151982
                              Participant

Since I don’t use Facebook I would also like the pick your picture option and email you with that, but whatever is most convenient definitely do😊!

Ann
                                Participant

Bantam dragon is a great name!

I like livestream for previewing and then picking from photos with numbers too.

Would love to see more pinks, blues, purples. Just my preference of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 803 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.