fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Ugliness is relative. My mother thought quite a few Enchantica dragons were ugly, and those are very expensive!

I have to aggree with your mother- Enchantica dragons don’t really float my boat. I guess we all have different tastes! Don’t kill me. πŸ˜†

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]

purpleturtle wrote:

Man that’s an fugly dragon. You see it all the time on ebay.

I was just showing one to a nice lady who was in with her daughter. They were looking for a dragon to give to Dad for his birthday, because he loves dragons.

I got the impression that this was a major present from the family, not just something from the daughter, but although they looked at a few of Melody’s Dragons, Mom was clearly seeing the price and not the Dragon.

Then they saw the cheaper mass-produced dragons, hand-painted in China and made of genuine Alabasterite. There was this one with the egg and young dragon, a single dragon, a two headed dragon, and a wizard.

They ended up buying the two-headed dragon, because it was so cool.

I think when you have only about $25 to your name, these dragons are really not as ugly as most of us here would like to believe.

I can definatly relate to having limited funds and I have to admit I have a number of resin and alabasterite type dragons myself. They are some really cool and well made ones out there. I never really liked that paticular sculpture, thats all I was saying πŸ˜‰ .

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

Lokie wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Ugliness is relative. My mother thought quite a few Enchantica dragons were ugly, and those are very expensive!

I have to aggree with your mother- Enchantica dragons don’t really float my boat. I guess we all have different tastes! Don’t kill me. πŸ˜†

Ah, I wouldn’t kill you! I too see some Enchantica pieces as being, shall we say, visually unappealing! πŸ˜† There are quite a few that I like, though.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wizards-Cottage-with-Gargoyle-Figurines_W0QQitemZ130244482640QQihZ003QQcategoryZ29800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is it just me or has some one not only knocked of the look of the Wizard’s Retreat, but several of the gargoyles as well?

Only one of them looks like a knockoff. The retreat kind of does though. I’m not expert however.

BDW
            Participant

I sent it to John on your behalf Pegasi πŸ˜€

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

LOL I actually had that ‘knock-off’ gargoyle. I looks like the Roaring one, right? It’s funny because when I bought it I thought it looked really familar, then I later found out why πŸ™„ . I think it ended up being sold in a yard sale or something a while ago. I’m not really into gargoyles anymore anyways….

purpleturtle wrote:

LOL I actually had that ‘knock-off’ gargoyle. I looks like the Roaring one, right? It’s funny because when I bought it I thought it looked really familar, then I later found out why πŸ™„ . I think it ended up being sold in a yard sale or something a while ago. I’m not really into gargoyles anymore anyways….

Yeah! The roaring one! That’s what I was thinking of, I could picture the sculpt in my mind… and was drawing a blank otherwise. πŸ™„

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

I just found a couple! They both look like Mother Dragon knockoffs. Here’s the first one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Lullabye-Garden-Sculpture-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ250279703402QQihZ015QQcategoryZ86929QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the second one. This one is a known knockoff in a different finish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MYTHICAL-DRAGON-STATUE-EARTH-COOL-FINISH_W0QQitemZ320283432760QQihZ011QQcategoryZ86929QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone else think the first one is a knockoff? It has a fairy in it, but still. πŸ˜•

Laurie
                  Participant

The second sure is. I hope the first isn’t, I really want that for my garden. I’ve been looking forever. Quick let me know!!!

BDW
                    Participant

I don’t think the first one would be concidered a knock-off, it’s just a dragon curled around a fairy The scales and wings don’t look anything like the mother dragon. But the second one John has gotten it before.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

The first one? Probably not. Nothing about it reads as “Windstone” to me.

The second one probably is, and is one that John knows about. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

I agree with everyone… a dragon lying down would be hard to copyright, there has to be more then the basic pose to be copyright, I think. Like similar style of head, scales, color, etc. Or the EXACT same pose, and this one isn’t exactly the same.

darjeb
                        Participant

darjeb wrote:

I don’t recall seeing this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ceramic-Mold-Duncans-Baby-Imaginary-Dragon_W0QQitemZ200248234252QQihZ010QQcategoryZ83898QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have this mold…I’d have to look at his date, but he may be older than Melody’s work…not sure though.

I have one here…setting it next to Melody’s…it is a lot bigger almost as big as the Royal hatchers, also Mel’s baby has both front paws out, tail and a wing, this guy has only one leg out and his tail, the wings only stick up but neither are out, he has no rock base and his egg is broken in a totally different manner.

Comparing the two, I don’t consider this piece a knockoff. I will also look at my mold and find out the copyright date on it…if I am right, it may be older than Mel’s little dragon.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,070 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.