fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant
      twindragonsmum
      Participant
        Jennifer
        Keymaster

I don’t think the two candles you posted are infringements. Nothing about them says “Windstone/Windstone inspired/Windstone knockoff” to me… Though they are laying, the pose is quite a bit different from the mother dragon, and there are no similar design elements that I can see.

This one:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MYTHICAL-DRAGON-STATUE-DRACO-FANTASY-15015_W0QQitemZ370067437513QQihZ024QQcategoryZ86929QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is a known issue with that company, but as always we appreciate the vigilance!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

what about the sellers that say the item is signed by Melody Pena, and I even saw a couple auctions the other day that claimed they were painted by her. I don’t think they meant to be misleading, they were basing it on the imprint on the bottom of the sculpture, and in these cases, it was fortunate that they included a picture of the felt bottom, so we real collectors know that it is not signed and painted by her, but a new collector may not know better, or may not know to ask further questions to clarify.

BDW
          Participant

49ER wrote:

what about the sellers that say the item is signed by Melody Pena, and I even saw a couple auctions the other day that claimed they were painted by her. I don’t think they meant to be misleading, they were basing it on the imprint on the bottom of the sculpture, and in these cases, it was fortunate that they included a picture of the felt bottom, so we real collectors know that it is not signed and painted by her, but a new collector may not know better, or may not know to ask further questions to clarify.

That is very misleading and from ebay policies they could get in trouble.
            That is why it’s always best to ask as much question as possible so you know what you are getting 😉

Jennifer
            Keymaster

49ER wrote:

There are usually two cases at play here. Most common is #1…

1. The person selling the item doesn’t realize that the © M. Pena (or any variation thereof) is part of the cast sculpture itself, and may consider this a signature. It IS a signature, to be fair, but it doesn’t mean the piece is hand signed. They may not realize the difference. Same thing with the paint job. Melody did paint many production pieces in her time, but for the most part it is impossible to tell if Melody, Olimpia, or any other production painter did this. Many that are not familiar with Windstone assume that Melody is the sole creator of every piece, which is not an unfair assumption as they are her creations. 🙂

2. Far less likely, but there are a few people out there that are like this as well all know sadly, is someone will intentionally say that it is painted or hand signed by Melody just to increase the bidding or perceived value.

In either case, it usually only takes a quick, polite note to let them know “Just wanted to let you know that this item is not hand signed by Melody so that you can correct your listing to accurately represent the item”, or something of that nature. Most of the time sellers that are honest will appreciate the info. If you happen across a seller that either intentionally misrepresents the item or one that ignores a polite information correction, the proper thing to do is to report them for misrepresenting an item. Give them the benefit of the doubt first though; most people that make these mistakes aren’t doing it maliciously.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

While on my search to find a place that has affordable custom shirts, I came across customink.com. I went to check out their lab-thing and found this…

Wow, that sure is a striking resemblence to the Grand Unicorn.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Algy wrote:

While on my search to find a place that has affordable custom shirts, I came across customink.com. I went to check out their lab-thing and found this…

Wow, that sure is a striking resemblence to the Grand Unicorn.

Augh!!! That looks like a vector trace of a grand unicorn. This is a problem– please send it to John! If you can’t let me know so I can. I had this happen to my (personal, non-Windstone) art too and it’s serious.

BDW
                Participant

Algy, did you contact John about it?

darjeb
                  Participant
                    BDW
                    Participant

I don’t think that would pass as a copy infringment 😉

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

Man that’s an fugly dragon. You see it all the time on ebay.

purpleturtle wrote:

Man that’s an fugly dragon. You see it all the time on ebay.

I was just showing one to a nice lady who was in with her daughter. They were looking for a dragon to give to Dad for his birthday, because he loves dragons.

I got the impression that this was a major present from the family, not just something from the daughter, but although they looked at a few of Melody’s Dragons, Mom was clearly seeing the price and not the Dragon.

Then they saw the cheaper mass-produced dragons, hand-painted in China and made of genuine Alabasterite. There was this one with the egg and young dragon, a single dragon, a two headed dragon, and a wizard.

They ended up buying the two-headed dragon, because it was so cool.

I think when you have only about $25 to your name, these dragons are really not as ugly as most of us here would like to believe.

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

Ugliness is relative. My mother thought quite a few Enchantica dragons were ugly, and those are very expensive!

I have less then $25 to my name, and I still think it’s not all that pretty. I’d find something else to give to someone… 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,070 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.