Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Rylorien
    Participant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Retired-Bat-Cat-Gargoyle-Rare-/201529515708?hash=item2eec185ebc:g:jmMAAOSwKtVWzhNq

From the side the ‘seat’ kind of looks like the unicorn gargoyle’s seat…but the figure seems too smooth–not to mention the amatuer paint job. I’ve been ‘out of the game’ for a long time though so I don’t know what all has/hasn’t been produced over the years.

John
      Keymaster

Looks like it is just re-painted with thick paint. Why don’t you ask for a picture of the bottom? I don’t have an anonymous email to use, but I am curious to see if it has our pad. It is not one that gets knocked off much.

Thanks.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Retired-Bat-Cat-Gargoyle-Rare-/201529515708?hash=item2eec185ebc:g:jmMAAOSwKtVWzhNq

From the side the ‘seat’ kind of looks like the unicorn gargoyle’s seat…but the figure seems too smooth–not to mention the amatuer paint job. I’ve been ‘out of the game’ for a long time though so I don’t know what all has/hasn’t been produced over the years.

Oh wow… That piece is still floating around huh? I remember that being on ebay a couple of years ago.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
          Keymaster

Is this for real? The pad looks real, but the sculpt doesn’t.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281912301234

I bet that is one that someone put outside and then repainted. Rain will eat them away like that. Looks kinda cool.

Marilyn
            Participant

There is a very strange looking piece that keeps showing up on eBay. I can’t find a way to post a picture here so I am posting the link. I will try to send an email to John about this, but I want to make sure that someone knows about it since it keeps being offered on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Retired-Bat-Cat-Gargoyle-Rare-/201547137895?hash=item2eed254367:g:jmMAAOSwKtVWzhNq

Pam

I think it has been posted before. It is probably just a repainted cat gargoyle. We never painted any like that, to my knowledge.

Marianne
                Participant

Hopefully this works. Is this person connected to Windstone?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

etruscan
                  Participant

It looks as though someone has taken the Windstone photo of the Rainbow Hatching Emperor and used it to make his (or her) merchandise.

You should report this to John john@windstoneeditions.com

Edit – on a quick search I did not see any other Windstone images, but this is not the only copyrighted design that this person has “borrowed”.

Marianne
                    Participant

Yah, I thought it looked weird but wasn’t sure because seller is located pretty close to them in Tacoma. Red flag. They don’t even state Windstone anywhere in the ad. I will email him.

etruscan
                      Participant

Yah, I thought it looked weird but wasn’t sure because seller is located pretty close to them in Tacoma. Red flag. They don’t even state Windstone anywhere in the ad. I will email him.

It’s good that you spotted this! The seller is also using work by Nene Thomas and Anne Stokes, and those are only the images I recognized.

Today I was checking in to my Etsy shop account, and I saw a featured listing of a Sitting dragon listed on another shop owners store:
                        https://www.etsy.com/listing/232040781/mythical-dragon-statue-11-sculpture-home?ref=shop_home_active_18

It looks too much like Windstones Male Dragon/crossed with perhaps a Keeper PYO. I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to both the forum’s, and John’s attention.

What do you all think? …I think it is “suspicious”. …I hope I am wrong. 🙁

Today I was checking in to my Etsy shop account, and I saw a featured listing of a Sitting dragon listed on another shop owners store:
                        https://www.etsy.com/listing/232040781/mythical-dragon-statue-11-sculpture-home?ref=shop_home_active_18

It looks too much like Windstones Male Dragon/crossed with perhaps a Keeper PYO. I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to both the forum’s, and John’s attention.

What do you all think? …I think it is “suspicious”. …I hope I am wrong. 🙁

I think i vaugly remember seeing that same cast in candles and cement in the past. I’m pretty sure ive seen it on etsy once before. I would email john about it.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Email was sent to John. Hope he can get to the bottom of it.

Natasha
                        Participant

I didn’t email – the address here looks like it’s for the old site so I’m not sure it’s good anymore. This is listed as “maybe by Pena” but looks nothing like it to me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162083576898

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Courtney
                          Participant

Ok so I am unsure if this particular eBay seller has an army of gothic unicorn white sculptures but I compulsively watch eBay Windstones daily and this is the 4th or 5th gothic white unicorn they have sold successfully. I just thought it odd that someone would have so many of the same sculpture & color and be selling them for around $60 (shipping included in that total) 142020223806 is the item number on the one currently posted by Rocksgoldandsilver. Could they be knock offs?

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,070 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.