fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Kyrin wrote:

darjeb wrote:

I don’t recall seeing this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ceramic-Mold-Duncans-Baby-Imaginary-Dragon_W0QQitemZ200248234252QQihZ010QQcategoryZ83898QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have this mold…I’d have to look at his date, but he may be older than Melody’s work…not sure though.

I have one here…setting it next to Melody’s…it is a lot bigger almost as big as the Royal hatchers, also Mel’s baby has both front paws out, tail and a wing, this guy has only one leg out and his tail, the wings only stick up but neither are out, he has no rock base and his egg is broken in a totally different manner.

Comparing the two, I don’t consider this piece a knockoff. I will also look at my mold and find out the copyright date on it…if I am right, it may be older than Mel’s little dragon.

Kyrin
      I actually kind of like this little guy compared to most of knock off’s we see

Jasmine
      Participant

Not sure if he got a fake mold, or if he just painted over a Young…since the eyes are covered in silver too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Young-Dragon-Statuette-Painted-WindStone-statue_W0QQitemZ280261149056QQihZ018QQcategoryZ35873QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the way he phrased it: It is an alternate painting of a WindStone young dragon statue.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I think it’s a repaint. Someone tried to match the limited production silvers it looks like.

BDW
          Participant

I saved the picture and blew it up to get a closer look and I’m convinced that it is a repaint. And by the description in the auction I think it says it all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280261149056&_trksid=p2761.l1259

Nope, it’s a fake. He said he thinks it’s a cast. I asked if it had the eyes or were they just painted over and he replied that no, it does not have eyes?? I then asked if it had a felt pad on the bottom, no answer yet. I’ll post when he answers…

BDW
            Participant

Nope, it’s a fake. He said he thinks it’s a cast. I asked if it had the eyes or were they just painted over and he replied that no, it does not have eyes?? I then asked if it had a felt pad on the bottom, no answer yet. I’ll post when he answers…
              I did the same and he says the eyes are not like regular windstones so I’ll report it to John on your behalf Jasmine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Na, wait until he gets back to me about the felt pad. IF it’s real, I want it ๐Ÿ˜†

BDW
              Participant

asinnamon wrote:

Na, wait until he gets back to me about the felt pad. IF it’s real, I want it ๐Ÿ˜†

He already got back to me about it, and it’s not there. I also asked about the “Penaยฉ88”. ๐Ÿ˜‰
                He also updated his description:
                “It is a replica of a WindStone young dragon statue, and the eyes are not the regular kind found in a Windstone.”

well poo! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ Yup, notify the powers that be!!

Bob

Windstone detectives strike again!!

Jodi
                  Participant

The auction has been pulled.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Thanks BDW. This one was a fence sitter for me. I wasn’t sure if I should send it to John or not…

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Is this the Mother Pegasus in this pic with the fairy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250262904217

tdm

The wings look wrong. The bottom feathers… something looks just slightly wrong about them.

But otherwise… I agree with your assessment…

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

I agree, Dragon87. It looks alot like a momma Pegasus, but the wings look weird. The feathers seem too small for starters ๐Ÿ˜• .

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,070 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.