Movie Discussion

Home Forums Miscellany Community Movie Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

I saw The Ritual! I really enjoyed it! The deity was awesome! I really like how it “unfolded” itself towards the end. I need more unique monsters like that in my life! ;P

Drag0n, I started watching Dragonfly, before I realized I’ve already seen it!!! Lmao! (Forehead slap!)
      Sadly, that’s not the first time that happens lol!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Bwahaha! Well, Dragonfly is pretty old so I can see how one could do that. I’ve done it before myself.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

I watched “The Girl on a Train” last night. Soooo the “monster” is human, but that’s ok. It was really well done. Great actors with just the right amount of twists and turns. I recommend watching it if you like a good thriller.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
          Participant

A twisted,funny,OMG!!Holiday movie,Hulu.rated rrr
            A Nasty Piece of Work.
            Worth a watch.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

Hmmm good to know. I did hear a lot of remarks about the laughing. Some that it was real good, but not Mark Hamill and some that it was just really creepy.

It’s important that people know it’s not a “batman movie” and it’s supposed to be a real drama sold as a stand alone drama, real life portrayal scenario of “what is joker was real, and what would happen/what would it take for him to actually be real?” sort of telling. It’s probably the mental illness perspective that is getting all the good reviews since that is one of societies hot button issues right now… like if you did a real movie about an opioid pandemic it would be an emmy award winning performance to see a junkie convulsing on the floor when it should really be more of a scary wake up call then an inspiring performance…. so I do get that view point where maybe it was unsettling and perhaps getting a lot of credit it may not actually deserve because its a topic you can’t really criticize without being skewered at the stake by activists who have heavy opinions on mental health awareness.

I guess I’ll have to see it for myself. I’m not sure what to expect.

So, I am a huge fan of the character. Throughout the years we have seen a number of actors play “the clown prince of crime”, and until recently, Jack Nicholson was my favorite. Joaquin Phoenix hit the nail on the head with the laughter, the body launguage, and his voice. Sure, he wore a different colored suite, but I got over that pretty quick. This is the first time I feel empathy and sadness towards the character. Yes, he has always been a sociopath, psychopath [insert mental illness here] but there was never any real focus placed on the cause behind his descent into madness…not like this.

Overall, I liked it. Because of all the bad reviews, I was preoared not to…but I did.

Bodine
              Participant

Hulu,funny Christmas movie…
                The Truth About Christmas 😁

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Hi guys, been a while! Wrapping stuff for the tree and listening to Straight No Chaser 12 Days of Christmas 😊. What’s everyone up to?
                  twindragonsmum 🎄

tdm

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

Hey there, TDM…just waiting patiently for more eBay pieces to come out and waiting on the next GB. Have you been creeping the forum at least? Its a new sculpt. In case you haven’t heard, the Ponycorns are shown in the “whats next on the schedule” thread. They are super duper cute!! Melody is painting a safari batch, and will eventually have them in production unicorn colors as well. Very exciting.

No tree for us this year, not with the puppy. Maybe next year when he understands more english 😉 lol!!

Watch any good movies lately?

Bodine
                    Participant

Hi TDM!!Good to hear from you.Hope the family is great.
                      Merry Christmas to you and yours🤗
                      These will put you in a holiday mood…”Scrooged.”Classic movie!
                      “The Lost Christmas”Trans-Siberian Orchestra.Music

Tree is trimmed,gifts are wrapped,pets all snuggled in.
                      A nutty Rum Fruitcake with no gel fruits and hot cocoa,movie on…set👍

Bodine
                      Participant

American Gods.(series) I like it!!

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

Anyone watching Evil (TV series) ? It might only air in Canada, but if you have access to the episodes somehow, it’s worth a watch. A 3-person team investigating/assessing the legitimacy of miracles and/or paranormal activity. One is studying to be a priest, one is a psychiatrist, and the other a total skeptic. It’s pretty good.

Bodine
                          Participant

Monty Python’s Life of Brian. If you don’t laugh watching this old movie then I feel so very sad for you. Old but still funny as heck.Laughter,medicine of the Gods.,🤣

sherry10151982
                            Participant

Anyone watching Evil (TV series) ? It might only air in Canada, but if you have access to the episodes somehow, it’s worth a watch. A 3-person team investigating/assessing the legitimacy of miracles and/or paranormal activity. One is studying to be a priest, one is a psychiatrist, and the other a total skeptic. It’s pretty good.

This I just saw!! I’ve seen previews of this for awhile now and haven’t yet gotten to watch it yet but it looks really intriguing and interesting; something that is right up my alley. I’ll catch up on it on demand.

Angelika_Zen
                              Participant

Hey Sherry, let me know what you think. I finished the available episodes last night on Global, and it ended on a weird note…I’m not sure where things will go next. It’s still a good watch though.

Have you seen The Vault (2017)? It’s one of those movies that haven’t really been done before (not that I know of), and has a paranormal twist to it.

Did you ever end up watching the Child’s Play movie I sent you? I’m wondering what you thought of it.

I don’t know if I mentioned any of these before…Hereditary or Wish Upon – both crazy-freaky-good (if you’re into that genre). I’ve seen Wish Upon a few times now, and it’s up there with my favorites. About a high school aged girl (dad is a dumpster diver, mom committed suicide when she was little). Dad finds a Chinese Wish box (I think that’s what they called it) It will grant the one in possession of it 7 wishes, but they come with a price. That’s all I’ll say…give it a go!

sherry10151982
                                Participant

I tried to watch the movie you sent, but it wouldn’t let me because it was from Canada and iTunes wouldn’t accept it😭😭😭. I’m still going to see it though; probably this weekend 😊. And I really want to check out that Wish Upon; I saw previews of that movie too and was really interested in it! Hereditary is so freaking wrong!!! Oh my god I had to see it a second time because it’s so good!! It’s so creepy!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 144 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.