Movie Discussion

Home Forums Miscellany Community Movie Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Right!? It’s that “click” in Hereditary that makes you go “WHAT? What is happening??” Such a strange and disturbing movie!!!

Sorry about “Child’s Play”… I always thought Canada and the US were Region 1 … I didn’t think the digital copy would be any different. My bad 🙁

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
      Participant

I saw IT chapter 2 last weekend and I was kind of impressed that they tied some of the book into the movie. I’m a fan of the original but really took to the new version! The actor who does Pennywise does such a good job (however, no one is as good as Tim Curry!) and he’s easy on the eyes too😉!

I also saw 1917 which is the World War 1 movie. It was really good! Very well directed and acted. It was a tear jerker but very good!!

Suzanne-Marie
        Participant

Tim Curry was so awesome in Legend…
          So was Oona the Faery..
          Luv that movie with Tom Cruise!!
          Mia Sara was only 16 yrs old in that movie.
          Uni’s look real too !!
          Cinematography is just beautiful !!

sherry10151982
          Participant

Tim Curry was so awesome in Legend…
            So was Oona the Faery..
            Luv that movie with Tom Cruise!!
            Mia Sara was only 16 yrs old in that movie.
            Uni’s look real too !!
            Cinematography is just beautiful !!

That is my all time favorite movie!! That and The Last Unicorn.

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

I liked the dinner scene in It Chapter 2…the creatures that came out of the fortune cookies were next level!!!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
              Participant

I liked the dinner scene in It Chapter 2…the creatures that came out of the fortune cookies were next level!!!!

Totally!! The ones that flew were actually in the book and I loved how they used the ones in the original IT miniseries too!!

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

I like the screaming baby-crab-spider-thingy!

Also, when Beverly is at the house she grew up in, and Pennywise as the old lady morphs into the “big ol’ lady”, I thought that was pretty cool too! It made me jump when she bolts around the corner into the living room! Gold star!!!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

So while I was sick with the flu I watched a bunch of movies

Action –

John Wick 3 – Like all the John Wick movies, it was a hurricane of non stop action. Kinda got to be a bit much with some of the fight sequences, but I’m looking forward to number 4.

Horror –

A Quiet Place – Hope you like the quiet… because this is one of the quietest movies ever, but for a clich’e monster movie it wasn’t too bad. The monsters were pretty creepy and CGI was very well done.

Us – Okay… this movie was really screwed up. I think I really liked it though. There are still some parts I got my hands up like, okay can you explain this because that makes no sense but overall it was pretty freaky. Worth the watch for a horror buff.

Animated –

I Lost My Body – It won a bunch of awards… but I’m still not sure if I liked it… really weird story of a guy who looses his hand and it goes on a journey to find him looking like Thing from the Addam’s Family. If it had a more satisfying ending I guess maybe I would have liked it more but it was one of those abrupt Sopranos endings where you’re like… okay now what? Wait… that was the end? I suppose that was the point, but I’m kind of tired of those movies where they give you one of those “Well what do YOU think happened endings.” Directors need to stop making me do the work and give me an ending dammit.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
                    Participant

Locke&Key.series,Netflix.Great watch.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

I have been meaning to give Us another try. I’ll have to watch it alone (when my critic of a husband isn’t around)

I saw the new Malificent movie. It was awesome. I loved the fairy tale creatures, but also, Angelina Jolie is even more of a bada$$ in this one!! Costumes and make up … gold star!

I started watching Locke & Key but it didnt grab me…I will give it another go.

I watched A Good Marriage on Prime (based on a Stephen King novel). Meh! It didn’t thrill me. I bet the book was better.

Bodine
                        Participant

Maleficent was wonderful.
                          Locke & Key does start slow but does grow on you.I enjoyed it.Y’all like creepiest like IT but I can’t handle movies like that.Different strokes for different folks.😊

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

Ya, I love horror movies, but I also really enjoy the Fantasy and adventure genre. Spiderwick Chronicles was a good one!

If you liked Fargo, the movie, you have to watch the Netfix series. It was very well done and can easily be binge watched. I believe it’s a more accurate representation of the true story behind it. Billy Bob Thornton??…I mean! Is there a better bad guy out there???? He was a perfect choice for that role.

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Oh, I forgot to mention…I watched Midsommar. It made me feel weird for days after seeing it. It is just disturbing. All of it. And not in an entertaining kinda way. It isnt one I’ll be watching again or recommending.

Bodine
                              Participant

Love Fargo.An older series(maybe Hulu) you might enjoy,or not, but we sure did.Lilyhammer.
                                I watched the movie “Once Upon a Time….in Hollywood” with Brad Pitt.
                                I am still kinda…huh?OK…lol

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Am I the only grown adult here who wants to go see Sonic? LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 144 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.