Movie Discussion

Home Forums Miscellany Community Movie Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

So there have been a lot of amazing movies out the past few months and also some coming up.

What’s everyone looking forward to seeing?

I haven’t seen the live action Lion King yet but I was OBSESSED with the Disney animated film as a kid so I’m excited for that. I haven’t been super thrilled about the Disney live actions thus far. Nothing against them, just get this sense of them being crazy cash grabs on Disney’s part. I’d like to see more original stories from them. (not that I guess many Disney movies are exactly original stories, but you get what I mean)

I did see Detective Pikachu. Super cute!

Still haven’t seen Avengers End Game. I know right?

Anyone else?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
      Keymaster

From the trailers I’ve seen of the Lion king, it looks amazing!! I didn’t think it would work, but dang it does!
        Unlike the Jungle Book…which has yucky character design.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I’ve heard mixed reviews so far. I know someone was ranting on Facebook that Scar’s song “Be Prepared” wasn’t in the movie which is kind of the best Disney villain song of all time next to the one Ursula sings in the Little Mermaid “Poor Unfortunate Souls” So that sounds like a little bit of a let down for me because I love that song. I don’t know if it was replaced with a new original though, so we’ll see. There HAS to be a villain song right?

Some kids were also afraid of Pumbaa apparently, but I think maybe they just don’t know what a real warthog looks like. Still excited about it! I think the voice cast they got is great and super excited they got James Earl Jones back for Mufasa. That was the one and only voice that they really can NOT change without ruining the movie.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dashesndots
          Participant

Well I had typed out a big long post… and then forum ate it and won’t let me repost it. I wonder if it’ll show up eventually.

pipsxlch
            Participant

Last movie we went to the theater to see was the last Star Wars one, The Last Jedi. I need a life lol.

Melody
              Keymaster

We were wondering how they would do goose-stepping realistic hyenas!

Melody
                Keymaster

We watched the original lion king translated into German. You should see that “Be Prepared” sequence in German! Chilling

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

Oooooo lots of good stuff coming out….I am looking forward to the new Godzilla movie, King of the Monsters. They opened him up to be a “good guy” in the last one, so I think I know where King of the Monsters is heading. Godzilla’s probably gonna save the planet from Monsters!!! I can’t wait for “It” Chapter 2 and there’s a new Child’s Play movie coming out too. They say (whoever “they” is) that Chucky was remade for the “modern-day”…I’m not sure how I feel about his appearance yet. Any other horror movie fans out there??? Another chapter of American Horror Story (Season 8 already!) is due in September. Pet Semetary was released this month. As a Stephen King fan, I didn’t mind it one bit. What I didn’t expect, was The Dark Crystal. It comes out August 30th.

Aside from movies, I am anxiously waiting for season 3 of Good Place. I’m a HUGE Ted Danson fan.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
                    Participant

I LOVE horror flicks! The new Pet Semetary was really good!! A new take but really well put together! I saw Midsommer which was kind of an Indy horror flick and boy was it messed up! I really want to see the new Child’s play. It looks A LOT better and less cheesy than the original but we shall see. However when I saw it as a child I didn’t think it was cheesy I thought it was really scary 😂!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SECOND INSTALLMENT OF IT!!! I have a feeling they’re going to make it a trilogy but am not sure.

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Watching the trailer, they called the kid Andy…so I guess it’s a remake of Child’s Play as opposed to the one that follows The Cult of Chucky. If you haven’t seen the Cult yet Sherry, you should. It’s the best one so far, imo. It’s hilariously twisted!! I’m also a really big fan of Jennifer Tilly, which is probably why I enjoyed The Bride of.

I just checked out Midsommar and it’s from the director of Hereditary – another movie you should watch. I’m going to like Midsommar. Thanks for that 🙂

Sorry to hijack your thread Drag0n…I also enjoyed The Lion King when I was younger 😉 Speaking of remakes, The Jungle Book was fantastic!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

tig3r06
                        Participant

Hijacking the thread with horror lol. I love horror too, mostly creature horror. Cant wait to see Crawl, the new Critters and The Dark Crystal. I loved Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Legend and all the others that were similar. And I also love disney movies too, Lion King, Jungle Book and Little Mermaid are some favs. When I worked at Circuit City back in the day I bought Saw and Bambi together 😂

sherry10151982
                          Participant

LOL!! Saw and Bambi!! Yes Hereditary was brutal but a good one! Haven’t yet seen cult of Chucky but will definitely check it out! The original lion king was my favorite and I really liked the live action Cinderella that they did.

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

LOVE Jim Henson movies, in particular, The Labyrinth! I noticed Critters was coming out…actually I think it was released yesterday. Is it a remake of the ’86 Critters? I’ll have to check that out. I’ve always loved creature features, but they have to be big! Like Cloverfield and Pacific Rim big! Also LOVE Cult Classics (Jason, Freddy, Michael, Chucky, Gremlins, ET…etc) and I got a big Hollywood crush on Bruce Campbell lmao!! I still do! That man has aged WELL I tell ya! 😉 I was so pumped they came out with Ash Vs. Evil Dead series, instead of just another Evil Dead movie. However, I was really disappointed that it stopped at Season 3, after they opened it up for so much more. There’s no pleasing me lol!

I’m glad you mentioned Crawl. I forgot about that one. It’s on my list of things to see this year.
                              I have a few Disney-likes too…The Little Mermaid for sure. I collect Ursula figures lol! I really liked Aladin back in the day and Dumbo had to be one of my faves. Finding Nemo/Dory and Moana were awesome, to name a few more. And who doesn’t love animated movies??!! Coraline, Igor, Monster House, Corpse Bride, Paranorman, and the 1929 Skeleton Dance, all fantastic animation!! I can’t even say how many times I’ve seen Coraline. Heavy Metal…another animated classic! I probably own 5 or 600 movies/TV series. I also collect movie memorabilia, so I could go on and on. What do you guys think of the AHS series? I prefer the paranormal, to human evil, so Cult was my least favourite chapter. I don’t know if that changes later on, but I only started watching the first episode and lost interest. Any Twin Peaks fans out there? Have you seen the 3rd season? I haven’t seen all 18 episodes yet, but IT-IS-WEIRD! Not Hereditary-weird, but Suspiria-weird. I don’t know how I feel about it yet.

What do we think about TMNT??? hehehehe that’s a little bait to get Drag0n back in the convo lol!!!

sherry10151982
                              Participant

TMNT IS THE BOMB DIGGITY!!! I loved when that movie came out back in the day and when it came out on VHS I played it over and over again until it broke. My brother and I used to play with the figures and GI Joe and an old He-Man would come along and help. They are actually making a He-Man movie!!! Can’t wait! Twin peaks is so good! I love that series and it is messed up too but I cannot stop myself from watching it!

sherry10151982
                                Participant

Speaking of Legend, that was the best movie I have ever seen as far as fantasy goes. I have a special edition DVD of that movie and the unicorns are sooooo drool worthy. Lipizzaner stallions are the best horses to use as unicorns imo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 144 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.