fbpx

Movie Discussion

Home Forums Miscellany Community Movie Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I just set here cringing through this entire movie.I like spooks but OMG!I didn’t want to watch it but couldn’t pull away.Not for kids.Stephen King is involved.😄
      “In The Tall Grass”(Netflix)

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

I started watching In the Tall Grass…they were losing me until they started messing with space and time…i am going to have to start over and watch it again. It totally has a “children of the corn” vibe.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Watched all 3 seasons of Stranger Things in several binges over the past few weeks, I really enjoyed that one.

Has anyone been so see the new Joker yet? I keep hearing great things about it.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
          Participant

Drag0n, I saw Joker on the release date. Not because I wanted to see it, but because a couple of friends were going and wanted me to hang with them lol also a couple of the guys we normally hang out with DIDN’T want to see it because it portrays a very real mental illness situation.
            That movie… gave me so much anxiety (and I’m not a person that generally has issues with movies. I.e I can watch any horror movie without anything triggering my anxiety). In general, I just didn’t like it. One of my friends said it was “eh, so-so” and the other said “It was okay”.
            It’s interesting how some people are hearing “great things” but others are only hearing “bad things”. For me, I had only heard bad things about the movie. Same with one of the friends I went with (but he’s a big movie person, and he wants to give every movie a chance).
            Also I’m pretty sure Joker always wore a purple suit… but this suit is a weird maroon that just looked off.
            Also the laughing… I know it’s him and all but it always went on for that second too long to make it go from “okay” to “really uncomfortable” (anyone know what I’m talking about? Something can only go on for x amount of seconds before you’re squirming in your seat and suddenly angry/uncomfortable). Maybe that’s what they were going for? Not something I like.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Hmmm good to know. I did hear a lot of remarks about the laughing. Some that it was real good, but not Mark Hamill and some that it was just really creepy.

It’s important that people know it’s not a “batman movie” and it’s supposed to be a real drama sold as a stand alone drama, real life portrayal scenario of “what is joker was real, and what would happen/what would it take for him to actually be real?” sort of telling. It’s probably the mental illness perspective that is getting all the good reviews since that is one of societies hot button issues right now… like if you did a real movie about an opioid pandemic it would be an emmy award winning performance to see a junkie convulsing on the floor when it should really be more of a scary wake up call then an inspiring performance…. so I do get that view point where maybe it was unsettling and perhaps getting a lot of credit it may not actually deserve because its a topic you can’t really criticize without being skewered at the stake by activists who have heavy opinions on mental health awareness.

I guess I’ll have to see it for myself. I’m not sure what to expect.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
              Participant

No expectations,no disappointments.

Bodine
                Participant

“Creeped Out” series on Netflix.I like short stories.

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

Let me preface this post by saying that I have no idea what took me so long to finally watch this movie, but i watched the 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night. It was the best movie I’ve seen in a really long time, and I watch A LOT of scary movies! I have well over 700 movies and around 80% of them are horror. To Anyone who loves a good scare, don’t let “1974” deter you from watching it. It flows well and is quick to “get to the point”. This movie does not drag. The acting is top shelf, and totally believable. Really REALLY well done (if you’re into this genre)

I am a fan of Rob Zombie films, and if I were a bettin’ man, i would say this movie was possibly his inspiration for House of 1,000 corpses, at the very least. Even got 88% on the Tomatometer.

I know I mostly stand alone on this forum, when it comes to my love of horror movies, but I had to post it for the odd fan out there…Sherry! Lol!! It is worth the watch and is currently streaming on the Canadian Netflix!! Give it a go! It will not disappoint.

P.S. that Tall Grass movie I previously commented on….terrible. Just terrible. And I gave it a couple of chances.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Angelika_Zen
                    Participant

If you like short stories…ABC’s of Death (1&2), XX, Holidays…all creepy short stories.

ABC’s of death was kind of a game changer in the world of short movies (IMO) 26 directors from around the world each had one a letter of the alphabet. Their stories detailed 26 ways to die, each corresponding to a different letter of the alphabet. The directors’ different cultures/traditions really shone through. Sometimes though, what is scary in one country, might be totally ridiculous in another.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Loved that one too Angelika! I have seen all of the Texas Chainsaw movies and this was one of the best. Love horror! My boyfriend hates it so I have to wait until he goes to work and watch it ravenously to get those chills in when I can. Guilty pleasure (and I know most horror junkies hate them) but I love the Saw franchise. If I’m ever channel surfing and I come across any of them it’s like “Well, I guess I HAVE to keep this on now” LOL! Same for any of the Alien movies. By far my all time favorites <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

Lol! My other half also hates horror movies, unless the “monsters” in the movie are human and it doesnt have any paranormal undertones. He watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre with his mouth open and i dont think he blinked at all during the whole movie lol!! That says alot actually. Usually, 10 minutes in, i get “ummmmmmmmmmm can we watch something else?? Please?”

Drag0n, I have seen the 2003 and 2017 Texas chainsaw/leatherface movies…but I am going to watch the other ones now. Other than 1974, which is your favorite?

I have seen Saw 1, 2, 3 …. did not mind them one bit!

What about American Horror Story? In this order, I liked Asylum, Murder House, Roanoke, Freak Show, Coven, and Hotel…I havent seen Cult or Apocalypse yet. Freak show made me sad though…

sherry10151982
                          Participant

THE BEST SCARY MOVIE EVER!! It’s a classic and a must see for any true horror flick fan!! It keeps you always on that suspense ledge and I love that feeling!! LOL!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

One of the Horror/Suspense movies that always creeped me out was ‘Children of the Corn’. And until I stopped being seriously creeped out by skeletons and mummies – ‘The Mummy’… now it’s just fun!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

So as I was curious about it I finally went and saw Joker. About half way through the movie I was like “Meh… its not bad… it’s not as great as everyone is saying, but its not bad.” but by the end of the movie I have to say… it was actually really good. It was most certainly a new direction for comic based franchises in the movie industry to say the very least.

Very much full of a lot of mental illness which Joaquin Phoenix portrayed amazingly well. I mean… I think Joker I do NOT think Joaquin Phoenix AT ALL, but wow. He did a great job.

It was certainly violent at parts, but I didn’t get that sense of “oh there is violence just for violence sake” like you get out of a horror movie. Most of the time it just slapped you in the face as Joker descends further into madness. The laugh… yea he did a great job. It was perfectly balanced between an inappropriate laugh that makes you just feel uncomfortable and classic Mark Hamill.

That gangly run was almost too much, but all in all I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t an anti hero movie, but if you are anti government like I am some points in the movie you get a sense of how just today’s society can easily fail and then corrupt an already fragile person and you almost kind of understand Joker as a character a lot more. Makes you sympathize with him in a really screwed up way if that makes sense. Also a few cool Easter eggs if you know to look for that kind of thing.

Anyway, good watch…. but for the love of God don’t bring your kids!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                                Participant

Awesome!Thanks Drag0nFeathers.Sounds like one I will watch,more than once.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 144 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.