fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

dragoncastle wrote:

Well, I looked at the poll and tried to pick something…do I go real date time, how I feel today time, or pick something with my eyes closed? Real time won out and do I have the whole category to myself? Yes, I’m in the 60+ XD group and will be more so next year on my birthday. You youngsters. ๐Ÿ˜€ have a way to go but you all are doing well despite challenges with jobs and boyfriends.

I’m close to the 60 year dividing line, so I’m planning to “vote” on September 15, 2012 when I will be 60 years and 1 day, and then I will join you in the 60+ category. ๐Ÿ™‚

Carolyn
      Participant

Your as old as you are in your heart . If you love something who cares how old you are .

Tethra
        Participant

I am 28 now and I got my first windstone – a ruby mother – in about 2006 or 2007 for my birthday off my hubby. I have been admiring Windstones on Astral Castle since I was 14-15 and had no hope of getting one due to a crap Aussie dollar and shipping costs here, but I loved them all the same! When I got that ruby mother I was really obsessed! Red is my favorite colour and dragons my favorite creature so I was in heaven! I absolutely love her! I now have 24 Windstones as my collection has grown a lot in the past two years. Hehe, I have to agree, it does get worse as you get older, but that’s not a bad thing! ๐Ÿ˜€

Amy
          Participant

I’m 19 (turning 20 in 15 days). I got my first windstone this month, but I’ve been admiring them for years.

dragonshoard
            Participant

I got our first 12 dragons (Mother, Male, Hatching, Young in Brown, Green, and Peacock) for my husband as a wedding present. (I got a custom VERY OOAK stained-glass unicorn from him.) We were married in April of ’90. Not quite sure how far in advance of the wedding we purchased them. At that time it was hard to find them and the stores weren’t always forthcoming on what they could get or when. That and being in and out of the job market made it hard to continue collecting. They spent a lot of time in storage. Picked up a few more including most of the black & white unicorns, the original four small flapcats, and two griffins. We are finally in a position to dig out the entire dragon and unicorn collection. For not having seen most of it for so long, there are suprisingly few duplicates. Now that we have the space and the money, we have been frantically trying to fill in the missing sculptures and colors to the point that the Windstone dragons have taken over one whole wall and now we have to find somewhere else for the other dragons and unicorns that were going to go there.

diane
              Participant

Hi, I got my first winstone about 3 years ago, I’m 58. my kids got me started on dragons about 15 years ago. I feel like grandma to all you kids, but I love them… getting my kids and grandkids into them now.

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

Hey, nothing like reviving a thread! (or at least breathing a lil life with one post? lol)

I’m 27, still looking to get my first Windstone, which is kind of a sad thing. (The one I have bought, was a peacock scratcher, about 4-5 years ago, but was dumb and gave it as a gift.. to an ex who broke up with me shortly after, dumb boys! LOL) I’ve been a life long fan! I remember seeing the dragons and the uni’s when I was *very* young (These are amongst my earliest memories) I would see them in Cutlery shops, mostly… I had loved them deeply but always put it aside as something I couldn’t afford… my general dragon collections have grown greatly over the years, but for some (really stupid) reason I never thought to actually seriously look into investing in Windstones! I had to rearrange my thought process to take Windstones out of that “They’re nice but I just can’t afford them” part of my brain (Especially since I’ve spent so much on my other dragons, lol!) – My bf was a great help in that, as he gave me $200 in gift certs for Christmas (Best gift ever! Especially when paired with an Anne Stokes “Celestial Dragon” sterling silver pendant)
                  Now that my mind has been rewired that these are in my price range! (Well, I’ll make them fit, anyway, haha) I’m going goofy over figuring it all out! lol. I’m waiting for the shops to restock with dragons (or possibly unis) I like for my $200, and I think the next 6 months of ‘free’ cash is now spoken for in looking for my peacock mother dragon, black male uni, and any others that really grab my attention along the way! I’m only saddened that I don’t get all that much free cash at the moment! lol

Currently I have a Keeper waiting to be shipped (or possibly shipped now? I hadn’t checked recently) to *RoguehorseStudio to be custom painted for my bf ๐Ÿ™‚ So it may work out that he gets his before I get mine XD

Hi,
                  I’m 35 and a mother of 4 kids. 3 Boys age 15, 10 and 2. 1 Daughter age 2

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Hi,

Oh my! You have your hands full ๐Ÿ™‚ The lil ones twins?

I got my first one when I was 12 and I started seriously collecting when I was 18 and now I am 19 and I have a pretty good collection now.

Hi,

Oh my! You have your hands full ๐Ÿ™‚ The lil ones twins?

Nope, they are 9 1/2 months apart and TRUST ME…….a total shock to the system YIKES I just about had a freakin heart attack when i found out that i was pregnant again so soon after a baby. Youngest was a few weeks early and made a rather eventful welcome to the world. They are a complete handful. Just when you think your getting outta one faze the other starts into it. HEHE

Blight
                    Participant

24 ๐Ÿ˜€

I turn 21 this August, and have yet to earn the funds necessary to allow myself to buy my first WE <3

I have been collecting dragons for 35 yeara. My first windstone was given to me as a gift. I have admired them for years. My first Windstone I bought was a nutmeg curlie and after that I was hooked. I am 56 and I will never out grow my dragons. My family and friends love them too

Falcolf
                      Participant

I’m 22 and I got my first Windstone (GB pebble wolf, yahoo!) this year though I am a lifelong fan. I’m hoping to add to my Windstone population soon! I have two young boy cats and a female leopard gecko with a tragically male name for ‘children.’

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 206 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.