fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

YAY!! Abington’s animals was the store where I first found windstones. I even worked there over christmas one year. Too bad thay’ve gone out of buisness

BDW
      Participant

foxfeather wrote:

YAY!! Abington’s animals was the store where I first found windstones. I even worked there over christmas one year. Too bad thay’ve gone out of buisness

πŸ˜₯ I know I loved the stuff they carried, I miss them alot. Now it’s harder to find stuff I like to collect. You guys in the US have more stores like that I think. Sometimes I wish I was living there. πŸ˜• It’s even hard for me to find what I need to paint my PYO and model horses.

I was 14 when I saw my first Windstone in Solvang, CA…grabbed my attention right away because well, he was a black gryphon! I wanted to take him all the long way home right then right there, but alas, I couldn’t.

I actually bought my first Windstone, a gryph candlelamp, in 2004. It took months of watching auction after auction, but I finally got my black gryph months later.

I’m 19 now. πŸ˜€

Well, actually I am pushing the last category, and don’t intend to stop collecting until there are no more “categories” for me!! πŸ™‚

I fell in love with Windstone when they first started showing up in the gifts shop. My soon to be ex-husband knew this and in a vain attempt to make some amends, bought me the Large Flap Cat. I still have the Cat, of course, thank goodness I don’t have him!! πŸ˜†

That is a good plan. πŸ˜€

Maria
        Participant

Bump for our new members. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
          Participant

Hey, look at that! I am with the majority. πŸ˜€

Adaneth
            Participant

Yep, 32 here, right with the ‘masses.’ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

I got my first piece as a gift from my mother for my 22nd birthday. It was a peacock scratcher.

Now I am 29 and in March of this year I started to get into them again. I found a peacock OW and I received a trio dragon CL for my birthday, then a BG hatchling for easter along with two critic bookends,

I got a Rainbow mother dragon for my mother for mother’s day.. and later a hatchling and male to go with her .. and then the Emperor, Fledgling and Young dragon to complete here rainbow family.

I also got a Rainbow emperor for myself, my husband said to go for it .. so I did .. I was blown away by him and his color.. beatiful!

Then wolf griffin chicks .. followed by curls in Gold, White and EmP.. and a Wolf Griffin Male, then and Em Curl and a VF on the way.. I’m done for a while!

darjeb
              Participant

I must be the grand old lady of the group at age 66. I got my first Windstones in 1986 after a friend of mine showed me his brown male, female and hatchng. I wanted the peacock male and female but the shop only had a brown set so I took them. I really got bad after joining the forum and seeing all the LE and LP’s. I had 39 Windstones when I joined in April and I now have 57 with the VF fledging and curlie on the way that = 59.

Tsija don’t believe it that you lose your enthusiasm for collecting Windstones as you age. You just get worse and want more.

lamortefille
                Participant

darjeb wrote:

Tsija don’t believe it that you lose your enthusiasm for collecting Windstones as you age. You just get worse and want more.

Amen to that and this Forum helps not at all! πŸ˜†

Travistie
                  Participant

I bought my first Windstone about 2 years ago off Ebay. It was a brown male dragon, and then I started adding to the collection for the next year. But then I discovered that collecting model horses was fun, so got out of the dragons and went on to collecting the horses instead. Well, I decided to come back to Windstone and go at it again. I just sold my last model horse last night in order to fund more Windstone purchases.. heeeee! I’m 25 years though, and don’t think I’ll ever quit Windstones again.
                    I always did admire them.. even when I was a little kid. I liked those little winged kittie statues that I saw in the display window of a mall gift shop. My mom never let me have one though πŸ™
                    So I gotta buy my own now… and I’m having a blast! πŸ˜€

Bob

35-60 is a very large range! I’d also like to know when people started collecting. Did you figure you could just bulk all the old goats together to find out how may reservations we need in the old folks home?? Or are you trying to figure out when our Windstones will available for grabs?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
                      I started my Windstone journey in 1988 when I found the Male and Femlae Brown dragons in San Francisco. I lost them when my house burned down in 1988 and it took some years to get back to collecting but now 20+ years later I have about 66.
                      I’m almost 41 and my passion for Windstones has only GROWN especially after meeting Melody in person.I’m picking up a number of them when I head down on the 23rd

Arlla
                      Participant

wow, I’m in the majority for once! ^_^ I’m 26 now, but I’ve loved Windstones since the age of 6 or so…I can’t remember how old I was when I got my first piece, but I think I was around 12 or 13…it was a tan griffin. And I still love him to bits. My second was a brown mother dragon that my mom put on layaway for my birthday…I must have been 14 or 15…and then I didn’t get any more for the longest time…then the forum and ebay limited editions happened, and my collection EXPLODED. 0_0

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                        -J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
                        Participant

I think it was Ebay that expanded my collection…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 206 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.