fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

I got my first two from my brother over 10 years ago, but didnt add on to my collection or really even pay attention to the ones I had untill a few years ago. Then the forum popped up to further my new addiction, and here I am today. Properly obsessed.

I first saw them in a shop at the mall when I was 10. My Gramma got me my first one at 13, in 1986, a peacock Mother. I have been collecting for almost 22 years. I have 133, plus 1 on the way, and 2 on layaway with Emerald. I am so obsessed that I drive the people around me crazy with Windstones. But my love of them will NEVER die. I am now 34… 😈

I saw them for the first time in the 80s (I believe), I fell in love. Now that I actually have money to throw around, I have quite afew. I don’t think I’ll ever grow out of it. I’m now 31. My mom loves the white female pegasus the most. She’s a little over 60. But, she will never be a collector. She wanted to keep the PYO dragon I did a few months ago. But, that’s it.

I brought my first windstone 2 months ago when i was 19, i am still 19 lol.
      I had known about them for a year or so before but never found the money.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I first fell in love with Windstones when I saw them in a store having a close out sale in the early 1990s (I should have taken my mom up on her offer to buy a Large Flap Cat way back then). I didn’t buy my first two (at the same time) until probably 1999/2000 when I was 21/22. I’m 28 now and have 11 plus 1 PYO.

Kasie
        Participant

I got my first Windstone when I was 17 from my dad. It was a peacock young dragon. My next three I got shortly after, white mother, roaring sentinel gargoyle and a dragon gargoyle. I am now 27 and have 21 pieces and still growing and I will NEVER grow out of them!!!

wolflodge100
          Participant

I got my first ones in the early 90’s. I started with the pegasus and unicorns. I have lost count of how many I have, somewhere over 140 πŸ˜† I will be 46 in October and my passion for them has not deminished.

laphon1
            Participant

My first Windstone was the brown Male Dragon. I found him in 1986 in a small gift shop in the mall where I worked. Been collecting ever since. I have around 50 because, with 1 or 2 exceptions, I only collect 1 of a sculpt. The only color I don’t have yet is empea. I’m waiting for my dealer to get a Scratcher in that color.

Krimsen
              Participant

It is so interesting to hear everyone stories of their first Windstone experience!

I got a Inner Light CL. and it sold and talked my wife into trying out some more peices in the gallery. Everytime we sold one I’d buy two. My wife was freaking out at first, and I really had to work on her to accept the fact, that we were going to become a full line dealer.
                I find that the age range on being attracted to Melody’s works are wide open. I’ve seen little kids,
                like 9 all over them, and I’ve sold to people in their 70s. I have a few pieces I’ve taken off the shelf and I’m not young. A male Dragon in Rainbow,
                A Griffon CL.and I’m very fond of the Hypogriff CL. so if he get’s retired he’s mine too.

i used to spend hours in wicks n sticks in the mall during the mid 80’s admiring the brown and green dragons they had–i was in elementary/middle school. i had no money to buy any, and even if i did, my mom would have made me return it right away. i didnt buy my first one, a small flap cat, until i was in college. they have been coming in slowly until now. this board is such an enabler!

I’ve wanted to have Windstones in my dragon collection since I saw my first ones in college… and they belonged to a definite collector who is now in the 60+ age range, though I can’t see her on a computer forum with all the hobbies she maintains. BUT, take this as evidence that if you love them, you are likely to obsess more as you age, and there is at least one windstone lover in the 60+ category.

BDW
                Participant

I purchased my first Windstones when I was 26, it was the male pegases and the young white dragon. I had a little over $1000 to spend at a store called Abington’s gifts & collectables. I had a hard time to make up my mind πŸ˜• about what to buy. They had so much stuff on every animals you could think of. So the first was a Gosset piece: Common Mergaser female and chick $350. Second was a wolf from Sandicast $100, third was wolves from Country artists 1994 annual edition $300, forth was a wolf from Living Stone wolf lookout $89 and finaly the Windstone Editions male Pegases at $120 and the Young white dragon at $100.
                  They had a 20% discount for the month of October only so that helped alot 😯 . When they had told me about the big sale for October I had 2 months to save up and I did it! πŸ˜€

PS: as you can see I like wolves alot too, so that wolf they might put for regular production would be a great buy for me. Depending on the $$$ πŸ™

Maria
                  Participant

$1000 to spend in one blow. That must have been fun. πŸ˜€

BDW
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

$1000 to spend in one blow. That must have been fun. πŸ˜€

πŸ˜€ It was! I never had that chance before and probable won’t ever again. And I did not feel guilty at all. I felt like a kid in a candy store or πŸ˜† a man in a big toys for men store πŸ˜‰ We all know how they are like. πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 206 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.