fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 11 posts - 196 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I am now 57!WOW! :O nah….can’t be.Already? 🙁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
      Participant

Oh yeah, I remember 57. 😉 I’m now 63.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Hee! Hee! I’m a few months behind you! I’ll be with you in November thiss year Bodine! 😉

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
          Participant

Well,I know I’m in gooood company then. :p 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Kim
            Blocked

My mom is 66. I am 32.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Marilyn
              Participant

The youngest collector in my family is now 10 and has been collecting (saving the money and buying his own) since he was 9. There are younger members who are interested in the PYO pieces, but they aren’t buying on their own yet. My husband and I started collecting when we first saw the Windstone Dragons and KiRins in a local shop in 1995 and we collected until he passed away in 2014. I, of course, am still collecting and I am now 65+. I don’t think you will “out grow” your love of Windstone pieces, although you may slow down collecting as you run out of display space! 😉

WolfenMachine
                Participant

I bought my 1st Windstone in 1986 at the age of 19 (I’ll let you do the math LOL). It was a Peacock Male Dragon. I purchased it for my boyfriend at the time who was crazy about dragons. It was so gorgeous that I wanted to buy one for myself, but unfortunately the store I purchased it at was no longer in business. It took me about 10 years to find a Windstone Dealer and I started my own Peacock Dragon collection. We didn’t have Ebay or online internet shops back then. Over time my love of Windstones has only gotten stronger. Aside from the dragons I have also started collecting Flap Cats.

You are 19 years older than me 😉 I’ll be 30 this May. Yikes. Not a birthday I’m looking forward to!

Bullsquid
                  Participant

I turned 30 just last month. I definitely don’t feel my age. People probably expect me to be mature and responsible! 😛

I remember being enthralled when I saw Windstones in collectibles shops as a child, but of course I was too young to actually buy any. By the time I was old enough, Windstones had disappeared from shops due to the lack of a Canadian distributor. I basically forgot Windstones existed until I found a few in an antiques shop several years ago, which rekindled my interest. My first Windstone (I think) was a peacock male griffin that I bought on Ebay. Eventually, I found the forum and my collection has grown in leaps and bounds since then.

Marilyn
                    Participant

WolfenMachine – Always look forward to your birthday – just consider the alternative…

Dawn
                      Participant

I first saw Windstone when my mother brought home a Male, Female and Hatching Dragon in green from a vacation trip to the Eureka CA coast. I think it was the only color available besides Brown at the time. I loved them and they sat on top of the TV until she passed away in 1986. My father gave them to me and I was 30 yrs old at that time. I was working at a store that sold them and we had just received the new Peacock color. I fell in love with the new color and started my dragon collection. Well after that I started collecting everything else that came in. I’m 58 now and still love them even though recently I have had to sell off some of my pieces. I still have my original 3 pieces and will keep them because they were mom’s but it’s too bad they won’t fit on the top of my TV.
                        It’s nice to see so many people of different ages enjoying these wonderful pieces of art. I just wish I could buy more.

StormDancer
                        Participant

Think I was 14 the first time I saw a Windstone. It literally stopped me in my tracks as I walked past the store. Just a tiny little nick knack/art store in Fruita Colorado that I can’t recall the name of now and no longer exists. It was a dragon family that caught my eye but they also had some unicorns and a wizard. I didn’t get to go past the store very often but I always stopped in when I did just to dream of someday having one. I was a foster kid so I knew it wasn’t something I could ever expect from anyone that I knew.
                          Then I got out on my own at 16 and sure couldn’t begin to be able to add Windstones into my budget. lol
                          It was years later that I finally found them again, this time in Montana at a Hallmark store. The town I was in there was very small so the owner was willing to take payments on a Rainbow Father, Mother and Emperor dragon. I was ecstatic! That was 9 years, 54 Windstones and 3 PYO’s ago. I still have them all in mint condition. I am 44 now and I am pretty certain I will be collecting Windstones as long as I am alive and the checkbook holds out lol.

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Viewing 11 posts - 196 through 206 (of 206 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.