fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 206 total)
  • Author

@Kim I sent you a email, just so you know.

Kim
    Blocked

Okay will look for it. Thanks.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Amstaff
      Participant

Very cool! I have lots of Windstone now after collecting the last couple of years, probably about 100 pieces now. I have some pictures of my collection in the previous collection photo thread but may update it in a month or two. Oh any my birthday is next month so I will be 32 on May 11.

Im a May baby as well Kim ! Im later in May though, so Im a Gemini, while your a Taurus πŸ™‚

Im going to be 42 this year…. man its hard to believe ! I still feel 26 !!

Age is only a number though, its how you feel inside that counts, and how you act, LMAO! Im truly a big kid in a older persons body, LOL !! (But even my body doesnt look its true age, most people guess me to be around 30, lol !)

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Very cool! I have lots of Windstone now after collecting the last couple of years, probably about 100 pieces now. I have some pictures of my collection in the previous collection photo thread but may update it in a month or two. Oh any my birthday is next month so I will be 32 on May 11.

Kim! You are a Taurus like me! I knew I liked you! πŸ˜‰ I’m 28 (I had to think about that for a second) and will be 29 on May 3. I feel like I’m about 23-and probably look it too. No one believes me when I tell them I’m 28…and I still get carded to buy alcohol-SOMETIMES. I think I’m guilty of not dressing my age. I tend to wear a lot of bright colors.

Kim
          Blocked

That’s cool meeting other May babies and Tauruses! I also feel way younger than I am. I still look pretty much the same as I did 10 years ago except for my hair getting cut and then growing out. People think I am young or mid twenties all the time which I like. My only issue is feeling pressure now to get married and have kids as soon as possible but after breaking up with my ex a while back I am just hoping I can meet a nice guy soon!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Well, let’s see. My older daughter -the original collector- is now 23, my younger daughter is 21 and I am 53. I always just enjoyed Windstones vicariously through my daughters’ collections, but I have recently started my own and am completely hooked.

Me boyohs will be 20 this fall… Oy! Where did the time go? I’m headed for 51 in June; seriously, though, my babies turn 20 – it absolutely boggles me brain :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

I just turned 31 yesterday my birthday is April 24!

Marianne
              Participant

I’m 46. My first Windstone purchase was just at Christmas for my son. I have since bought 2 more. Weirdly enough my first time seeing anything Windstone was when my foster brother found a rock- with glasss eyes peeking out. Then rediscovered them when I was looking for a dragon for my son. I have to say they really do help inspire your imagination. I use to be creative but lost it somewhere along the line raising kids.

Maryanne
                Participant

I bought my 1st Windstone in 1986 at the age of 19 (I’ll let you do the math LOL). It was a Peacock Male Dragon. I purchased it for my boyfriend at the time who was crazy about dragons. It was so gorgeous that I wanted to buy one for myself, but unfortunately the store I purchased it at was no longer in business. It took me about 10 years to find a Windstone Dealer and I started my own Peacock Dragon collection. We didn’t have Ebay or online internet shops back then. Over time my love of Windstones has only gotten stronger. Aside from the dragons I have also started collecting Flap Cats.

Naturalice
                  Participant

i am 34 and i get better with age. like whiskey. i like whiskey

ps – this is betrluk1 haha i am at my boyfriends house for his birthday! he wont tell but i will. he just turned 30!

darjeb
                    Participant

UPDATE – I am now 75 years old and still love and collecting Windstones – I now have 268 of them mostly Dragons. I bought my first Windstones in 1986 and they are the mother, male, baby and youth in brown.

268 Windstones! Holy moly! So envious! πŸ™‚

First saw a Windstone when shopping with my Mom maaaaaany years ago. It was a white male Pegasus. Both of us were just floored with the beauty and detail of the sculpture, and I knew we weren’t leaving without it. We ended up going halfers on it, and she has custody of it. She would have never bought it for herself, and I get as much visitation as I want. πŸ˜€

Nightcrow
                      Participant

33 now; started collecting in high school. πŸ™‚

Collection has gone from one to, uh, a lot more than one!

I was… maybe 10? 12? …when I first saw a Windstone, because my best friend had two (mother & baby kirin) and I was really fascinated by them; we used to beg her mother to take us to a store called Jutenhoop’s so that we could look at the other Windstones there! I didn’t get my own until after moving halfway across the country, around age 13-4. I was in the mall and walked into a shop called The Glass Menagerie, and there they were — the most perfect gorgeous things I had ever seen: the original dragon family in White! I had never seen the Whites in person before (Peacock was by far the most popular color for stores to carry, and some would have a few Emeralds, too, but never Whites) so I had never seen them outside the Windstone catalog before. It was love at first sight, and I knew that I had to have them all!

I saved up $80 and bought the Mother first, because I didn’t want to start with a smaller piece, I wanted BIG! πŸ™‚ After that I bought the Young, and then the Male, and so on. I now have almost all the White dragons! (There are a couple sculpts I don’t like much, so I don’t have those on purpose.) Now I just need a White Secret Keeper and a White Baby — at least, till Melody releases a new scupt!

For years, my collection was very tightly focused – all White dragons. But a few years after that fateful first White dragon purchase, I went into a store (same mall, different store: this one was The Tinder Box – Glass Menagerie having gone out of business) ready to order another White dragon, which I did… but I also walked out with a Peacock Oriental, having seen it while waiting and fallen totally heels over head for it! That was the first broadening of my Windstone obsession, and now I’m pleased to report that I have a Western family, an Oriental family, a triumph of Lap Dragons (I’ve decided that’s the correct collective noun, heehee!), and a very mixed flock of griffins as well as a few “sideline” pieces (Gothic Unicorn, White Mouse Wizard, Dragon Bookends, Frog Prince). And I’ve always like custom painting pieces, so I also have a fair few PYOs! Most recently, I’ve branched out into Pebbles, and now have four.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Aggie83
                        Participant

Well, let’s see. My older daughter -the original collector- is now 23, my younger daughter is 21 and I am 53. I always just enjoyed Windstones vicariously through my daughters’ collections, but I have recently started my own and am completely hooked.

Me boyohs will be 20 this fall… Oy! Where did the time go? I’m headed for 51 in June; seriously, though, my babies turn 20 – it absolutely boggles me brain :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

ANNNND almost a year later πŸ˜‰ – yes, where DOES the time go? I think we had this conversation last year, but my younger daughter has a twin brother and they (have now) just turned 22. Unbelievable. (aren’t twins a hoot)

I still remember back when my oldest was around 12 and she discovered Windstones at the Wicks ‘n Sticks in the mall. We HAD to go by there whenever we were at the mall and for the next few years (until they closed) a Windstone was always her major present request for Christmas and birthdays. She was strictly a dragon lover then, but now loves the griffins and kirins. I was so upset when I found out the Wicks n Sticks was closing and they had all their Windstones on drastic clearance. By the time I found out, the only one left was a little purple mouse wizard for $19. He came home with me.

Landipan
                          Participant

ANNNND almost a year later πŸ˜‰ – yes, where DOES the time go? I think we had this conversation last year, but my younger daughter has a twin brother and they (have now) just turned 22. Unbelievable. (aren’t twins a hoot)

I still remember back when my oldest was around 12 and she discovered Windstones at the Wicks ‘n Sticks in the mall. We HAD to go by there whenever we were at the mall and for the next few years (until they closed) a Windstone was always her major present request for Christmas and birthdays. She was strictly a dragon lover then, but now loves the griffins and kirins. I was so upset when I found out the Wicks n Sticks was closing and they had all their Windstones on drastic clearance. By the time I found out, the only one left was a little purple mouse wizard for $19. He came home with me.

OMG, I remember Wicks n Sticks! My grandma and I would go there every time we were in the mall, we LOVED that place. At the time I didn’t know what Windstones were but I remember seeing one of the dragons and wishing someone would by it for me lol. I wish they never closed, or at least wish there were some kind of equivalent of it would open somewhere.

*Formerly meowmix101
                            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 206 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.