fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Hm, Ski’s bored and digging around in the archives again… πŸ˜†

darjeb
      Participant

I am the old lady of the forum I am 66 and will be 67 in 3 weeks. I got my first Windstones in 1986. A friend of mine had a brown male and female and he showed them to me and I fell in love with them and had to get them. My first was a brown male and female. About 3 years later I got the young and hatching brown. Joining the forum made me even more of a collector as I have gone from about 35 to 68 since April 2007 with no. 69 and 70 on the way from Windstones. This poll proves your never to young or to old for Windstones.

I can’t get this vote thing to work what am I doing wrong. It won’t let me click and vote?

Pegasi1978
        Participant

To vote you have to go to the first page of the thread and pick your option.

I bought my first Pena artwork in my mid 20’s (early 1980’s). I found them in a store that had booths for artists to display their wares. There was always neat stuff in it. The prints are of a unicorn and a pegasus. I loved them because they were drawn proportionally correct like real horses. Having been a horse owner, I always appreciated an artist that made the effort to balance the anatomy correctly even if they were fantasy animals.

In 1985, I bought my first Pena dragons (mother and a hatchling) while on vacation in San Diego. This is the dragon that was talked about in the ‘really old Mother Dragon’ thread. I later bought a green male dragon when the production colors came out as a mate for my green mother. Somewhere along the way I picked up a brown young dragon and brown hatchling. Then I found a black male dragon while on vacation in Texas.

That was my collection until I discovered this forum about a month and a half ago. Now after 20 years, my black male finally has a rainbow mother mate. And since I wandered in here, my Windstone have more than doubled. πŸ™‚ I was such a disbeliever when they said they were addictive!

Edit: Forgot to add that I’m 51 now.

I feel old πŸ˜† Thats OK though. Personally, Im 37. Got my first Windstone when I was about 15 (in teh mid 80s) but cant remember where. Prolly Wicks and Sticks (that was the name, right)? You 30+ somethings know what store Im talking about.

PS you wont outgrow your Windstones; youll only get more addicted so dontcha fool yourself. Wish ya luck tho… mwahaha!

Jasmine
          Participant

I’m not far behind you PT. I’ll be 35 in December. I’ve collected for over 15 years now, I honestly can’t remember which was my first though (going senile, I swear).

Purplecat
            Participant

just turned 26. πŸ˜€ started collecting this year around march. You don’t wanna know how many pieces I’ve gotten since then…it’s scary! 😯 😯 😯

Bob

purplecat wrote:

just turned 26. πŸ˜€ started collecting this year around march. You don’t wanna know how many pieces I’ve gotten since then…it’s scary! 😯 😯 😯

Of course we want to know!! We have always sadi Windstones are addictive!! It’s only scary to you!!

Purplecat
                Participant

Oh, god…41 pieces since March…of course there are a few restored and a few repaints which cost alot less (I wouldn’t be able to afford an emp otherwise..)then I trade paintjobs for windstones on a fairly regular basis too, but that’s still a huge growth! 😯

Bob

purplecat wrote:

Oh, god…41 pieces since March…of course there are a few restored and a few repaints which cost alot less (I wouldn’t be able to afford an emp otherwise..)then I trade paintjobs for windstones on a fairly regular basis too, but that’s still a huge growth! 😯

More then 1/2 of what I have and I’ve been collecting for almost 20 years

Purplecat
                    Participant

yikes! I’ve actually stopped for a little bit before my hubby kills me…I try to explain about the trading and that helps, 2/3rds of my collection has been traded for or were broken and I fixed them up. πŸ™‚

Bob

purplecat wrote:

yikes! I’ve actually stopped for a little bit before my hubby kills me…I try to explain about the trading and that helps, 2/3rds of my collection has been traded for or were broken and I fixed them up. πŸ™‚

I wish I had that talent

Purplecat
                        Participant

shrugs…i’ve been this way since i was 2, some of my favorite toys as a kid I made myself…I loove sketching and drawing too. My workshop has so many different types of arty projects sitting around I barely have room for me. 😳 My husband’s favorite is the naked top half of a female mannequin with no head or arms either…

Bob

purplecat wrote:

shrugs…i’ve been this way since i was 2, some of my favorite toys as a kid I made myself…I loove sketching and drawing too. My workshop has so many different types of arty projects sitting around I barely have room for me. 😳 My husband’s favorite is the naked top half of a female mannequin with no head or arms either…

yeah and no mouth either. Typical for a straight male!! hehe

Kasie
                            Participant

AdaraSky wrote:

I got my first Windstone when I was 17 from my dad. It was a peacock young dragon. My next three I got shortly after, white mother, roaring sentinel gargoyle and a dragon gargoyle. I am now 27 and have 21 pieces and still growing and I will NEVER grow out of them!!!

I have 44 now and STILL NOT GROWING OUT OF THEM!!!!!!!! Lol πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 206 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.