fbpx

How old are Windstone Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community How old are Windstone Collectors

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

dragoncastle wrote:

Well, I looked at the poll and tried to pick something…do I go real date time, how I feel today time, or pick something with my eyes closed? Real time won out and do I have the whole category to myself? Yes, I’m in the 60+ XD group and will be more so next year on my birthday. You youngsters. πŸ˜€ have a way to go but you all are doing well despite challenges with jobs and boyfriends.

I’m close to the 60 year dividing line, so I’m planning to “vote” on September 15, 2012 when I will be 60 years and 1 day, and then I will join you in the 60+ category. πŸ™‚

Well, I missed posting in September, but I am now 60! Yay – an age I can remember without doing math. πŸ™‚

Bodine
      Participant

I’m up to 53!!YEE-HAA!!! πŸ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

phantomess
        Participant

I’m 26 and have no intention of stopping to collect! I got my first Windstone dragon around age 13. My cousin had one (a peacock male dragon) and I loved it so much I went out and bought a dragon myself, an emerald mother dragon. My parents were a little unhappy I made such an ‘expensive’ purchase without consent, haha. I think I paid just $70 for it at the store. Not sure why I had $70 at that time- probably saved it from a birthday or Christmas.

I’ve loved dragons my whole life and I don’t imagine that will change.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kim
          Blocked

I have been kind of curious about how old some collectors are. I bought my first peacock fledgling dragon when I was about 14 so 15 years ago when they came out. I am now 29. I recently just started acquiring more Windstone pieces this year. I did have 14 pieces but sold 4, have another 2 to sell, just traded a little poad and 2 are paint your own dragons I will be painting shortly. I also have one little Griffin coming in the mail and will be ordering 4 more pieces shortly. This is getting exciting! I really want to get a rainbow fledgling dragon if anyone knows anyone who will trade or sell one. I am also looking for a young white unicorn, a mother white pegasus and any grab bag poads or unicorns for sale or trade.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

oooooh the last I posted in this thread I was 22 :3 I’m now 25 πŸ˜€

rock-reader
              Participant

I bought my first Windstones in the 80’s right after I saw then in a tobacco shop – a green mother dragon, a green emperor dragon, a brown male dragon and a brown young dragon. I was in my 20’s. I told my family about them and received a brown hatchling, a green hatchling and a peacock hatchling as gifts almost immediately. Over the years my sister has sent me Puffin, Tiger and the Large Cat Circle Candle Lamp. I got nothing more until I discovered the Psychic Eye in Torrance, CA. in 2000. My sister, who was visiting from Texas (I live in Southern California) bought me the baby ki-rin. Well, I couldn’t leave the rest of its family on the shelf in the Psychic Eye, now could I? I bought the stallion and mare ki-rin while we were still in the store. Since then, I have been been mostly housebound and haven’t seen Windstones anywhere (I didn’t surf the net or ebay). Two months ago I had to find out what my Windstones were worth (for legal reasons). Imagine my delight when I found the Windstone site and eBay! I’ve made a few purchases since then but I’ve got to admit my greatest pleasure is wandering through the site, finding pictures of the LP, Artist Editons and Special Editions. There are so many more types of statues than before and the colors!!! I am in awe of the talent that is displayed here – not only Melody Pena (who is spectacular in all she does!) but all the painters at Windstone and the PYO artists!

My collection is small but my admiration and enjoyment is great. I am 56 and will be 57 in April.

fatalbeauty
                Participant

hmm, thought I had posted in here already….guess not….well I’ll be 32 in 5 days….

I used to stare at them for ages at my local Wicks and Sticks in my mall (it’s long gone now) when I was like 14 but only came home with the little booklets since I didn’t have the money at all for them…..

I think I was like early 20s when I bought my first which was a Wizard Cat Candle Lamp, she was all I could afford on my at the time Blockbuster salary….she was the only one I had for many years……then a few years ago, I discovered a Lady of the Lake near me…before it closed, I bought a Ruby mother….so I was up to 2…stayed that way for a few months then I decided to try to find how to get more online which led me to here and I’m now I’m to like 50-60ish I believe….

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

darjeb
                  Participant

I think at 72 1/2 years that I am the oldest member. I bought my first Windstone in 1986. I now have 188. I don’t think you ever get to old to love-em.

Victoria
                    Participant

Quite a range of ages on here! πŸ™‚ Figured I’d chime in; I’m 27.

Stormbringer777
                      Participant

This is an interesting topic. I received my first Windstone Brown/Tan Male Griffin at the age of 27. I’m 43 now :party: and have 8 VERY COOL Griffins watching over me πŸ˜€

kila26
                        Participant

I am 36 and first fell in love with Windstones when I was a young kid. We had a gift shop called The Tea Shop in the downtown area of the city I live in which had the coolest stuff in it. In there they had glass cases where they displayed the Windstones they sold. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the white unicorns. They were the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Unfortunately they cost more than my parents could afford to spend on a collectible for me so I had to be content with just gazing at them whenever we visited the shop. The shop went out of business before I became an adult and therefore I forgot about Windstones for a long time until I discovered them again on eBay around 2005. I was so elated to be able to buy them on eBay and haven’t stopped since. Now I have a full blown addiction πŸ™‚

Dani
                          Participant

I’m 29, but I’ll be turning 30 in a few months.

As a child I admired the emerald and peacock lap dragons and mother dragons under a glass display case at a mall I frequented, but could never convince my parents to buy one for me.

My first Windstone was a peacock hatchling, (if I remember correctly), and I got it when I was maybe 17 or 18, but a family member chipped off the nose and then it was lost during a move. I’m stupidly hopeful at times that I will find it and be able to repair it myself, but it’s been quite some time now.

I’m now at a point where I might be able to adopt a few dragons (though I am tempted by a few other creatures). I’ve always loved dragons, and Melody’s have been my favorite style as far as sculptures go. I am glad to see there is a fan following of all ages. πŸ˜€

JynXx
                            Participant

I’ll be 25 in May, and only have a few prized Windstones since I began collecting when I was 17, but I’ve admired them ever since I first saw them in their glass display cases when I was 10. My favorites being the Ivories and Emeralds.
                              My first Windstone was an emerald hybrid young dragon, which I regret selling as I haven’t seen one so dark ever since. I am now the proud owner of two special eBay pieces [
                              used to have 3, but the Copper Forest mother gryphon has found a new home with StormDancer! ^w^], an uncommon orange eyed emerald young, the gorgeous PYO Keeper featured in my signature, and several others. I can say that without a doubt, I’ll definitely never stop collecting!

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
                              β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
                              β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                              β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                              β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

I am 20 goin on 21, and have small batch of peacock dragons and about a dozen or so PYO’s, both painted and unpainted, floatin around my house.

My first Windstone was a peacock fledgling, who looks like a mix of emerald peacock and old peacock, and is definitely the greenest one I have ever seen. He has since ha one horn broken by cat, two random chips that I have no clue how they got there, and as of recent two chips off his back ear, again no clue, as he always has his spot by the picture of my Dad and I at my brother’s wedding. He will always be my favorite, as he was my first, and I worked my bum off for 7 months saving everything I could to make the little payments on him πŸ™‚

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Amber
                              Participant

I was in my twenties when I got my first Windstone – I had asked for and received the Black Gold Fledge as a Christmas present. I am now 33, and although I have sold a lot of my pieces, I still have over 30 Windstones.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 206 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.