fbpx

GB 9/13/18 Rising Pebble Dragon Show of Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags GB 9/13/18 Rising Pebble Dragon Show of Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I finally got home to see mine- a blue faintly colorshift purple floral design that will need a new home, and a green very faintly colorshift sort of electric pattern one that I plan on keeping. The colorshift seems more obvious indoors; I don’t have lights on yet as my windows face west. The sun is setting; I took pictures outside in the sun, outside in the shade, and indoors with the flash. They really are lovely and detailed- gorgeous! (darn camera doesn’t like to focus often; I’ll try to get a better front view but you get the idea) At this time I only plan on selling the extra, not trading, though I will accept payments.

tig3r06
      Participant

Great grabs pipsxlch!!!

Zelda
        Participant

Finally got the time to take pictures of my two beauties! I had only intended to keep one, but I actually like them both a lot – problems, right?! 😀 I struck the jackpot with this first one, it was one of my two favorites from the class photos, and is even more striking in person.

As far as I can see, this is the only one in the batch with this black banding detail. I also love the purple detailing instead of the traditional gold/silver on the claws, horns, etc.

This one is a sleeper that has really grown on me! Purple/green colorshift, but compared to my purple/green cougar the dragon practically glows. I’d have to see photos of my other favorite from this batch, the rainbow dragon with the pink/purple head and blue chest, before I’d think about trading…

Thank you Melody for these beauties! I really love the transitioning colors on a lot of these patterns. How did you do that? Dipping your brush in multiple colors before painting? Seems like it would be tough to get the color transitions as consistent as you did across neighboring stripes… Secrets of a master!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Natasha
          Participant

I love your little purple-detailed dragon, Zelda! Congrats! He’s a stunner.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Mary
            Participant

Great grabs pipsxlch & Zelda!

Zelda, I think your copper with black banding is my favorite thus far.  Congrats!  He’s stunning

merrillannwhite
              Participant

These are my 2.  I like them alot, but I like a lot of the ones I’ve seen so far.  The more colorful 1 was on some favorite lists I think.  I am going to put up an ad for trades.  I would kind of like one of the floral ones, but I will look at any.

Nightcrow
                Participant

Congrats, Zelda!  Those are beautiful.  I was intrigued by the black outlining on your first one in the class photos, so it’s extra nice to see up-close photos!  What a neat color scheme.  The purple-green with florals is very pretty, too!  All the blue flowery ones in this batch remind me of my teacups.  🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

pipsxlch
                  Participant

The patterns on your blue one are neat, Merrillann. And Zelda, your copper beauty and my green one are sort of half sibs! My green has black banding also, but not as extensive as yours and it doesn’t show up as well as on the copper. These dragons have all been so lovely!

I tried to take a couple pics this morning that showed the colorshift, but it isn’t easy to pop it out. And one just cuz I liked it.

Zelda
                    Participant

Pipsxlch you’re right! Totally missed it in the class photo. Thanks for the photos, very pretty color on that green one.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Thanks, I’m quite taken with him. It’s hard to see the black even in person. The green is dark enough it blends. and there’s a sort of oopsie on his display side wing- looks like in the painting process some of the black dripped on him and was wiped off, but left a faint ring and smear. I like it, sort of makes him personal and real. Life is full of imperfections.

Kim
                        Blocked

I love so many of these dragons so if anyone wants to trade, hold that thought as mine are in my city now and should be delivered in a few hours!  I will post pics as soon as I get them!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Dragoneer_88
                          Participant

Am I late to notice this mark on the bottom part of the tail on these GB risers? Is it a peace sign?

tig3r06
                            Participant

Here’s my final grab.  Yay not purple colorshift! I think it’s blue red colorshift, swirls and berries and yellow eyes. He’s a pretty one!

tig3r06
                              Participant

Here are all 4 of my colorshift together.  They are available for trade or purchase and I’ve numbered them to match my ads.  Preferably bright colors/non-colorshift please, but I will look at anything colorshift also, except purple colorshift.  Please no more purple colorshifts lol

#3 has seafoam green eyes and #2 has light blue eyes

Natasha
                                Participant

Oh Tig3r06! They are lovely, but sorry you got SUCH samey dragons this time. I can’t remember who it was, but this is like the time someone got triplet tiger poads!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                  Mother: Okapi
                                  Gothic - Mahogany
                                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 180 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.