fbpx

DRAGON87 PYO's – Green Cheeked Conure Phoenix, pics soon!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone DRAGON87 PYO's – Green Cheeked Conure Phoenix, pics soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 243 total)
  • Author

ghostndragon wrote:

It’s no big deal. I just wanted to see how the stars looked close up…how it looks with the texture.

It’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I’ll see what I can do for ya, kay?

By the way, if anyone was at all considering buying this guy, he’s missing his gem… noticed I couldn’t find it this morning. I could buy something for him eventually if he’s sold.

Lokie
    Participant

Very cool ๐Ÿ™‚

Dragon87 wrote:

ghostndragon wrote:

It’s no big deal. I just wanted to see how the stars looked close up…how it looks with the texture.

By the way, if anyone was at all considering buying this guy, he’s missing his gem… noticed I couldn’t find it this morning. I could buy something for him eventually if he’s sold.
      Still hasn’t been sunny…. ๐Ÿ™„

Rachel
      Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

ghostndragon wrote:

Still hasn’t been sunny…. ๐Ÿ™„

Heehee. I know how you feel. It’s finally decided to be summer here and August is almost half over. *sigh*

For a trade with mmloda. She wanted a unicorn inspired by labradorite, so I’ve been freaking out over the last month trying to get her to not look like Nam’s stuff. O.o I don’t know if I can call her labradorite so that’s why there’s no name on it.

This is the base colors. She looks wicked awesome in sunlight, but the camera didn’t like the sparkles. It looks like she has flecks of gold color coming from within the statue. And the greenish color is intentionally marbled looking (it was an accident but I’m intentionally keeping it that way, lol) because it looks more… natural. Rock like.

She’s pretty close to done. I gotta figure out what to do with her mane (I’m thinking leaving it black – to not distract from the body too much, but I might put some dark grey variations in it to give it some depth), and I have to put some more interference on her to try and capture the … er… shineyness of the stone lol. Then it’s some clearcoating and she’s pretty much done! ๐Ÿ˜€

So mmloda, you like what you see so far?

Mmloda
        Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ I like her…she looks really good…its really hard to see the gold, the green and the sparkles but I’m sure i’ll see it when she comes home… ๐Ÿ™‚
          Maybe if you add some more interference onto her we’ll be able to see more color… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

mmloda wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ I like her…she looks really good…its really hard to see the gold, the green and the sparkles but I’m sure i’ll see it when she comes home… ๐Ÿ™‚
          Maybe if you add some more interference onto her we’ll be able to see more color… ๐Ÿ˜‰

In this pic I hadn’t added any interference yet! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The gold is all from the pearl-ex powder that I used for her base color. Same with the green (there’s also some blue and silver, but very little, can hardly see it). So far I’ve added some blue interference around her stripes, kinda like what labradorite does around inclusions in one of my prettiest rocks. It has an intense blue around two very large inclusions, and then sort of greenish gold elsewhere. ๐Ÿ˜€

But it’s been so hot here lately, the paints taking forever to dry so it’s hard to get anything done… lol ๐Ÿ˜ก *mutters to herself about a heat wave in September…..*

Mmloda
          Participant

No worries… ๐Ÿ™‚ I do really LOVE the stripes on her tho…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

LadyFirebird
            Participant

Sticking my nose in here8–it does look nice! I’m getting an actual labradorite rock in around next Tuesday that I bought on ebay. It’s almost 3 pounds and I’ve thought about painting something based on these colors. It’s hard to see all the interference and sparkles in pictures, but I like the dark color. Just sitting back and admiring a lot of pyos I’ve seen lately. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here’s one that kinda shows the sparkly-ness. She has already had a coat of interference (blue, green, gold)… but the green and the gold have mysteriously disappeared. So I will have to go over it again… so that you can actually… see it? haha. 8)

Mmloda
              Participant

Ohh ..wow.. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Ok now I’m in LOVE… ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for the close up pic… ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am loving the way she is turning out….I can’t wait to see her all finished… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

I’m so glad you think so! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when people say things like that!

I’m having so much fun doing her, I’m not gonna wanna let her go (but am also looking forward to having her ship off to you as well!)

Since Maplecarver got him – this is Peacock Ore! Inspired by the natural copper based rock, bornite.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to keep him! :shout:

I can always make another one.

He was painted with a black basecoat, and almost entirely out of pearl-ex powders. Actually, I think it was all Pear-Ex powders and GAC. :scratch:

I like the powders. They’re fun and easy to paint with. And mmloda’s unicorn is painted with pearl-ex as well. But her’s has some other colors in there too.

Lokie
                Participant

I can definitely see the sparkle in the labradorite uni’s close-up. I really love the green color on it. And the Peacock Ore griffin is very nice as well! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mmloda
                  Participant

That Griffin is cool…I like his wings… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 243 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.