DRAGON87 PYO's – Green Cheeked Conure Phoenix, pics soon!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone DRAGON87 PYO's – Green Cheeked Conure Phoenix, pics soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 243 total)
  • Author

I am planning on painting this (my parent’s dog, Pixie) on one of the PYO wolves for their birthdays (they are really close so they get the same thing…)

I was thinking of doing a white undercoat, followed by some cream and light brown, and then finished with some dry brushing of black and darker brown for the details in the fur.

Think that will work? Keep in mind that I don’t have antiquing so I can’t fall back on that, and since she has a lighter undercoat with a really dark overcoat that dry brushing would work better anyway.

And hints or tips would be welcome! That’s why I posted the topic.

EDIT: The wolf came in today! Now there’s just one package that I need (the one that I would have needed by tomorrow, go figure) and I’m good.

Mmloda
    Participant

Thats a neat idea…Can’t wait to see the wolf all finished…what color eyes do you have on your wolf?

Marzena

Stephanie
      Participant

That is pretty much the way I would do it. Work with lighter colors first and work towards the darker ones.
        That is a very neat and sweet idea! πŸ˜‰

Quote:

Thats a neat idea…Can’t wait to see the wolf all finished…what color eyes do you have on your wolf?

I’m using the hazel eyes… more true to color with her inspiration.

This’ll be a trick for my first PYO.

Pics will be posted when there’s something to post.

What a wonderful idea πŸ˜€ I bet they’ll love it. Esp since you are taking the time to do it yourself I’ll be waiting to see pics.

*GreenGrey

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

Pixie is a pretty dog! I think his/her markings would look good on a winged wolf! What a labor of love! I think your parents will love it! Good luck!

Quote:

Pixie is a pretty dog! I think his/her markings would look good on a winged wolf! What a labor of love! I think your parents will love it! Good luck!

Pixie’s a she πŸ™‚ She’s much older now then in that pic, but her fur faded when she got older so I figured I’d do a ‘young’ pic. She’s probably about 2 in this one.

PICS start definately still work in progress, she needs her nose cleaned up a little bit, but what I’m wondering, is what I do with her wings????

I don’t want them to be just white, but that they blend in well to the body without detracting from it.

THANKS!!!!!

Kujacker
          Participant

Could you post links to the larger photos? I think that’ll help in color advice πŸ™‚ Personally I can’t really give any advice when I’m looking at something so small.

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

Whoa, from the upper angle I thought I was looking at a real dog! 😯 Very well done! I think your parents will love her! As to the wings, how about predominantly black, since that is the predominant color on the real Pixie’s body where the wings would be?

Kujacker wrote:

Could you post links to the larger photos? I think that’ll help in color advice πŸ™‚ Personally I can’t really give any advice when I’m looking at something so small.

I tried to post larger pictures, but that’s the only size that came out anywhere. Weird, maybe I need a new image hosting place….

On another note, I decided that I liked the contrast that the white gave, so I mixed some white with gold, and then trimmed it with a pearly gold. It looks pretty and shimmery.

Maybe if I do another one I will use black instead of the white, but this one is special for mom and dad. Also it kind of ties her one white paw into the rest of it…. Pixie is weird with her one white paw…

ANYWAY…. Except for gloss, finished pictures!!!

Stephanie
              Participant

Awww, she looks lovely! Well done. πŸ˜€

Very well done!!! πŸ˜€ Great Job!

Mmloda
                Participant

He looks great…Very nice… πŸ˜‰

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 243 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.