fbpx

2/9/13 Grab Bag Baby Unicorn Picture Thread!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags 2/9/13 Grab Bag Baby Unicorn Picture Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 400 total)
  • Author
    Matryoshka
    Participant

Here is the one I was Lucky enough to snag!

I can probably guess what you all are going to say.. but I want to hear it anyway! XD

Haha! Awesome! Lucky πŸ™‚

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I can probably guess what you all are going to say.. but I want to hear it anyway! XD

We say, “Oh, you got drag0nfeathers’s Dreambaby!” πŸ˜‰

You guys know me all too well ^_^ Congratulations Jinya! She is even more gorgeous then I thought she would be! *swoon*

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
        Participant

I got mine on Valentine’s Day. He’s black with lichen although it looks more like lava because of the gold, yellow and orange. πŸ™‚ He has a heart for a star, orange eyes and magic sparkle paint.

Welcoming committee:

In the sun:

How wonderful for you and how precious is that baby?Heart and for Valentine?I would have to name him “Valentino.”CONGRATS!!

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Hannah
          Participant

I’d just like to say that in defense of the people who were gotten a second uni as a gift:

Many people have very loving, caring, close knit families. I know whenever a grab bag comes out I am constantly chattering away about it, despite my boyfriend’s disinterest, and most of my family’s as well. People are free to do what they want if they follow the rules, and if their family members or significant others decide to purchase them a gift, I don’t see why ANYONE should be guilted over that. The last few grab bags have come out around holidays where people traditionally get gifts for their loved ones, so I am completely not surprised that some people got them from their families and friends. Again, I don’t think that anyone who was given a gift from a loved one should ever feel badly about that – that completely takes away from the spirit that the gift was given in.

It always stinks when people can’t get in on the grab bags, and inevitably it happens to someone every single time. I just don’t think there should be hard feelings over things that are, in all honesty, entirely reasonable.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kim
            Blocked

I feel bad for people who didn’t get one as I didn’t in the last batch either. I think if I had a boyfriend or husband who wasn’t a collector buying one, I think I would tell them not to buy me one if I got one or else not get one for myself if I knew they got me one. But if a loved one gets one as a surprise gift for their partner, that is sweet and not against the rules. This is going to be my first one but if I already had some grab bag unicorns, I would definitely offer mine to someone else. In the future I would love to help others get some.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kiya
              Participant

Hi Everyone!

I’m not taking sides in the argument – but please let’s not have an argument about grab bag unicorns and who got them and who didn’t. The rules are one per person, not one per household.

If you have concerns about this rule (or the enforcement of the rule), please feel free to reach out to the Shihiv, Susie, John, or any of the scatterbats.

However, please don’t try to make other forum members feel bad – whichever side of the issue they are on! πŸ™‚

-Kiya

Kelsey
                Participant

Can someone answer a quick question for me? This is the first GB uni I have ever gotten. And I noticed that it did not come with a card like the GB poad did. Is this normal? Do the unis not come with cards? Thanks

Kiya
                  Participant

Can someone answer a quick question for me? This is the first GB uni I have ever gotten. And I noticed that it did not come with a card like the GB poad did. Is this normal? Do the unis not come with cards? Thanks

GB unis don’t come with cards. Cards are unique to poad (grab bag or otherwise). I think ebay poads are the exception – all the others have cards.

Hannah
                    Participant

kelsey – they do not come with cards πŸ™‚ Poads are kind of special in that way πŸ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

pdlucich
                      Participant

For those who missed out: don’t give up quite yet. There’s always a chance a few people will change their minds about their unis and return them. That’s how I got my Safari baby. A small chance but still a chance.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                        Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I say it’s got a multiple personality disorder…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Addressing one comment from earlier that may have been overlooked: Due to the larger than normal size of this batch, the original request that those who bought from the last (very small) uni release should hold back was officially rescinded; it was brought up during one of the livestreams, I believe. That was reiterated in print in the store section of the forum during the course of the night they went on sale, especially since it was a number of hours before they were sold out. No one who was lucky enough to get in on both batches violated even an informal “rule”, and there’s no reason they should feel guilty about that luck.

For those who have posted pics so far…I’m amazed, as ever, at Melody’s creativity, and I thank you for sharing that with us.

To those who might be hiding in the shadows, afraid someone’s going to toss accusations at them for posting: Please know that most of us love seeing close ups of all the babies, and don’t resent you for your good fortune. If you still don’t feel comfortable posting, regardless of the reason, I’m going to resort to begging: Please, please, take advantage of Hannah’s offer in the first post to submit your pics anonymously to her. The directories are hugely helpful both to newcomers to the hobby and to those trading unis after the release, but they’re most valuable when lots of people are participating.

I say it’s got a multiple personality disorder…

*dies laughing* That really is a perfect description! (Though he looks like he’s wearing a Mardi Gras costume to me…a mask, and a few bright colored bits that don’t cover up a whole lot. LOL)

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

I agree with trying to see all the babies, even if you send photos to Hannah first =) Especially in a big batch like this, you can’t see what every baby looks like just from the top. Some of these i had no idea they were that pretty until I saw the close in personal pictures

Ann

Updated photos:

He’s up for trade in the classifieds. Hannah, you can use any of these for the directory.

Updated photos:

I’m not normally a fan of red or orange red eyes, but they’re absolutely perfect on this one. Wow.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 400 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.