fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    rock-reader
    Participant

Oh, what an impossible situation. You should be proud of yourself for standing up and being heard! Most people these days are so frignthened of losing their jobs that they take all the guff their bosses dish out, but you didn’t. You stood up for yourself and value yourself enough to stand firm. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! (You’ve got more guts than I ever had)More Power to You!!

Falcolf
      Participant

I agree with Rock-Reader, Moonbeam, what courage! I hope things can work out for you!

My whine: my latest interview seemed to go perfectly, they even said I aced their questions but they never called me back. Sigh. I am getting SO tired of this! BUT! I just put out a ton of resumes, so somebody else has to call me soon.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

moonbeam
        Participant

Most people these days are so frignthened of losing their jobs that they take all the guff their bosses dish out, but you didn’t. You stood up for yourself and value yourself enough to stand firm. More Power to You!!

Thank you rock-reader and Falcolf!
          I must say may position is very safe at the moment, because we are extremely understaffed: 3 colleagues are on maternity leave for at least 2 more years and 3 more quit to do their own thing. And my boss just now realized we have too much work for too few people (and everyone is really on edge because of it) and had massive problems in finding new workers. We were totally happy when we got one new girl but she already quit within the first month because they gave her a lot more work than was agreed upon in her contract.
          He can´t afford to loose any more people, so I would have to do something really offending to get fired in this situation. And sadly that´s more or less the only reason why I dared speaking up to him >_< I will talk to him again today and hope I can clear up some things. Whish me luck! Falcolf, I´m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you will get a great job soon!

Skigod377
          Participant

Made it to Korea and found out I could be in this hotel for over a month. I hope that is not the case with me… At least if it does, it’s a nice hotel but that’s a long time to continue living out of suitcases.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Anyone have a Time Turner I can borrow, access to a TARDIS or know how get to the cloning facilities on Kamino? #too much to do and not enough help.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Haven’t posted a whine in a while but I have a doozie today…

So it’s the first day of the “no sales tax” holiday we have each year in Mass. The store is packed, like it is every year with shoppers looking to stick it to the man by buying a bunch of crap and not having to pay state sales tax.

Well, since it’s super busy, we decided to make a “pot luck” style diner in the break room. It’s also ethnicity month so we had sign ups for volunteers to bring in dishes from their native backgrounds. So, being Italian, I brought in home made meatballs.

Here’s the whine… I made a whole commercial sized chaffer of these things, probably about 40 large, almost a meal in themself size meat balls with sauce which my sister helped me prepare. Put them in my back seat thinking that woul dbe a good place. I mean, the chaffer pan was like 15 pounds! Driving to work today and some jerk stopped dead in front of me to turn on to a side street, no blinker, no warning… so I slammed on my breaks to avoid an accident… where do you think all those meatballs are now? Scattered throughout the back seat and floor of my truck and tomato sauce is in every nook and cranny of my floor and the back and underside of my drivers seat.

….awesome

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skigod377
                Participant

Nooooooo!!!! Not the meatballs!!!!

Stormbringer777
                  Participant

MEATBALLS flying EVERYWHERE!!!! :O I can TOTALLY picture this in slow motion! 😉 POOR MEATBALLS :((

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Poor meatballs? Poor truck! >_<

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                      Blocked

That sucks having to clean up! Were there any meatballs left to eat that didn’t go flying? I love Italian food!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbringer777
                        Participant

Poor meatballs? Poor truck! >_<

I’m sorry dragOnfeathers 🙁 Did your truck clean up OK? I’m just glad you avoided an accident. 🙂

dragonshoard
                          Participant

It could have been worse. If you had been gentler on the brakes to not spill the meatballs, you most likely would have hit the idiot in front of you and still spilled the meatballs and have a damaged truck as well. And because you were the one in back it would ‘automatically’ be your fault as well. At least you only have to clean the truck, not clean the truck, repair the truck and have your insurance rates jump. < smile >

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I think I got it all cleaned up, you’re right I did avoid an accident, but it was like 90 degrees today and now my truck smells like rancid tomatoes >_< Took me like 2 hours to clean it and I did manage to save more then half of the meatballs that were still in the chaffer. Good news is, I got to buy an air freshener with no sales tax... hooray for silver linings, LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Falcolf
                              Participant

Falcolf, I´m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you will get a great job soon!

Thank you Moonbeam!

Aw man guys, it’s getting pretty scary now with my job hunt. On the positive side, I’ve had like seven interviews in the last two weeks. On the whimpery-wanna-hide-under-my-bed side, my credit card (which I have previously always been in great standing with, to the point where just two months ago they were constantly sending me letters about giving me MORE credit) is now breathing down my neck and threatening to ruin my credit if I don’t pay them back by the end of the month. (I see this as rather – okay, completely – unreasonable, considering how responsible I have always been before with paying my debts and the fact that I only owe my credit card LITERALLY a few hundred dollars. I can understand them getting touchy about a few THOUSAND, but not a few hundred which I could pay off with one really good minimum wage pay check.) Needless to say, I’m feeling pretty helpless! I reckon/HOPE that if I can get just a third of what I owe the stupid credit card by the end of the month they’ll call of the hounds but I have absolutely no experience with this. Not being able to pay my bills is feeling really horrid – it’s like the denial of a basic human right or something, the right to keep bill companies off my back haha!

I just have to keep trying. Somebody’s gotta hire me. I’m experienced, friendly and I can make pretty stuff lol! I had one interview today, hoping I’ll snag another one or two tomorrow. Got lotsa resumes out there. 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

phantomess
                                Participant

^Really hoping the best for you, Falcolf! Your persistence has to pay off one of these days!

I think I got it all cleaned up

The tomato sauce didn’t stain? :~ Glad that the meatballs were the only casualty, and that some were able to soldier on to the potluck despite losing their comrades.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,863 total)
                                • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.