fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

I’ve never had it before even though I’ve gotten blood drawn before…it was very scary!

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Stormbringer777
      Participant

The battery in one of my smoke detectors died and it was chirping at 2:30 in the morning! 😐 I had to go to Walmart and get a new one :(( Note to self: ALWAYS have 9V batteries on hand!!! Waaaaaaa!!!!!(LOL)

siberakh1
        Participant

….so I went to get blood tests I have to get done one to two weeks before my surgery today….so I’m getting my blood drawn and I get all dizzy and can’t breathe right….apparently it can happen to anyone, something with a v in it, blood doesn’t get to the brain right….

..anyhoo, I had to lie down on the ground with a wet towel on my head but I’m fine near as I can tell now….and I get the fun of having to lie down whenever I get my blood drawn from now on just in case….

I pass out within seconds every time I have blood drawn (it’s not the needle itself or the sight of blood, but once the blood starts moving). I become white as a sheet and I’m out cold for a good 5 minutes and woozy as heck for a couple of days (nope, I’m not anemic!). I can only have my blood drawn laying flat as a board on a table, reclining chair, or the floor. Using a butterfly or smaller needle helps a little, but I have to be flat when doing blood work. Scary when it first happens though!

I get that too. I mostly get nauseous and feel like I’ll pass out if I don’t lay down. So I usually bring juice with me and get my blood drawn lying down. It’s called Vasovagal response. Pretty much your veins dilate and your blood pressure and heart rate drops. It often causes fainting. Fortunately I’ve yet to actually faint from it.

Glad to know it has a name! Now I know what to tell unsuspecting newbie nurses that don’t believe me before they attempt to draw my blood. 🙂

The battery in one of my smoke detectors died and it was chirping at 2:30 in the morning! 😐 I had to go to Walmart and get a new one :(( Note to self: ALWAYS have 9V batteries on hand!!! Waaaaaaa!!!!!(LOL)

Oh… that stinks! It’s fun when they start to go intermittent and you have several in close proxity. Then you have to wait around to figure out which one chirped! It always seems to happen late at night when they start acting up to change batteries too! ARGH!

Stormbringer777
          Participant

Oh… that stinks! It’s fun when they start to go intermittent and you have several in close proxity. Then you have to wait around to figure out which one chirped! It always seems to happen late at night when they start acting up to change batteries too! ARGH!

Listen to me(shaking head in disgust) Am I really whining about having to maintain something that can save my life?! WOW…I have it pretty rough!(sarcasm) 😉

Amy
            Participant

Ugh, I recently acquired a large new windstone, which prompted me to buy another shelf to accomodate it. I bought it from the same place that I got my other two (it will match them exactly) and I had no problems before. This time FedEx is screwing me over. I’ve waited over a week, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday–Nothing. I called FedEx and they’re “looking into it”, whatever that means. *sigh*

Oh well. First world problems, right?

fatalbeauty
              Participant

she used a pediatric needle on me since bigger needles have made me bruise bad in the hand….I was the same, I’m not afraid of blood, needles, been fine before then whoosh, scary this time!

1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

I get that too. I mostly get nauseous and feel like I’ll pass out if I don’t lay down. So I usually bring juice with me and get my blood drawn lying down. It’s called Vasovagal response. Pretty much your veins dilate and your blood pressure and heart rate drops. It often causes fainting. Fortunately I’ve yet to actually faint from it.

I had always wondered what that condition is called! I have it so bad that I have to insist in getting the “Butterfly” system that draws from my hand. Even so…I am so traumatized from it that I really, REALLY, fear having to get blood drawn. 🙁

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Power is out and won’t be back on until 11pm at the earliest. I don’t think hubby will be getting off at midnight because of it. At least I hadn’t gotten Vance’s diaper open when the lights went out. Though carrying a half naked baby through the dark house hunting a flashlight was no picnic. This is one time it sucks to live out in the woods…less ambient light from the city.

Trava
                  Participant

I had a similar problem once. I eventually solved it by mailing everything in such a way that it had to be singed for and I received a return receipt. It was not until I was able to prove that they had received my information that they paid a dime. Even after I had the return receipt they tried to claim they hadn’t received it. I had to point out that I had the account manager’s signature proving that they had! Good luck.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

*grumbles* I keep losing sleep worrying about my surgery on Thursday, deep down I try to tell myself everything will be fine but then the little worry gets bigger and bigger….and while I’m awake, I worry over and over about things too….

1. Mother Meerkat

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Boy do I know how that is and I’m really sorry! My back surgery got postponed ’cause they want to try a different implant and are trying to get it approved by the insurance company ’cause it’s still considered to be fairly experimental still – bleh…

Got a tooth crowned today that they were going to just redo the filling and it hurts, so I’m awake and bugging y’all. It was interesting, though. Took pix of where the crown was to be seated and sent the pix to a spiffy machine that created the crown in about 20 min. not 7 days like the last one!

tdm

tdm

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

I haven’t had major surgery before really, I had some plastic surgery when I was 2 when our little dog at the time decided to bite my face when little kid me wanted her to stay still so I could pet and cornered her under the table, yeah stupid me but I was 2 and I don’t really remember much of the surgery day since I was very little…

I’ve had wisdom teeth out but I don’t remember much of that either….

I think I worry more since I know the risks and info so there’s much more rolling around in my head to worry about…I worry about how big the cyst sac is under there, hopefully not huge! I worry about surgery in general, I worry about how it’ll heal after reading horror stories from others on forums….I try not to worry but there’s the little worry voice in there!

1. Mother Meerkat

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

It’s very common to worry about the unknown. Try doing things that involve your whole attention like crossword puzzles, sudoku puzzles, tetris, mahjong or reading about a new topic; something you don’t know much about. I’m currently studying the Titanic – movies and books (and costuming 🙂 ) It’s not 100% effective, but it does help. What type of surgery are you having?

tdm 🙂

tdm

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

pilonidal cyst removal, cleft lift procedure…..

1. Mother Meerkat

moonbeam
                              Participant

fatalbeauty, I´m keeping my fingers crossed for you! I´m sure everything will go well!

I need to vent a bit, too, sorry >_< I´ve been working at a small (17 graphic designer) advertising agency for 9 years now. Last friday my boss came to me (more like ambushing me in the elevator) to ask if I would be willing to take on the job of finding new trainees (we always have 2 for either 3 or 6 months) because my colleague who did this job before doesn´t want to do it anymore. I said „sure, but then I want a salary increase“ because finding suitable trainess (that can do more than making coffe or copy things) is tough and timeconsuming with job interviews, showing them how we do things and generally being there for everything they need. And that on top of all my other work. He was not very amused because I had gotten a pay raise in january (a very small one, the first raise in over 4 years and only after taking on all duties of a colleague who is on maternity leave for 2 years!!) said he wanted to think about it. Yesterday he already told my colleague that I would do the job when he had yet to really talk to me about my conditions... When I asked today he said he would graciously give me a one-time bonus for taking this job on for 1 year. Well, his offer is not even half of what I wanted to have, which I told him. His argument was „I should be proud to be offerd this job“ (huh?? for more work and no real compensation?) but then he also said „We don´t know if you will do this right so let´s first see how this goes and if we are satisfied we can talk again in a few months“(which means he does not plan to pay more later). Wow, thank you for your confidence in my abilities! The girl who did this until now also did not get any extra payment ( yes, well, that´s her problem for not demanding anything!) and he would feel bad if he now paid me more for it... Even though I was so shocked by all of this I agreed. But I´ve been so angry at myself this whole evening and feeling so offended by his behaviour that I´m thinking about calling the whole thing off tomorrow. It´s just so sad that he really is not willing to pay us at least halfway decently although the agency is doing very well and he always says how happy he is to have us all. Not sure if I feel much better now, but I had to get this out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,863 total)
                              • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.