fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Okay so my post is spam, cool thanks. Not like anyone cares about by problems anyway.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

fatalbeauty
      Participant

Okay so my post is spam, cool thanks. Not like anyone cares about by problems anyway.

*shakes fist at forums for you, also hugs drag0n*

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

pipsxlch
        Participant

I care.

Bodine
          Participant

Repost DF.If you need some support you know you have friends here.💖

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Every time I try to post in here it disappears.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Sorry guys. Literally every time I try and post in this thread it keeps going “you already said that” when I’m just trying to fix the freaking typos.

I appreciate the support… I was upset at the time and I had so many typos that I think I edited it one too many times and it disappeared, and I kept getting the “you already posted that” message when the forum just ate my post.

In a nutshell my birthday fell on Friday the 13th this year and I thought it would be a fun opportunity to get my family together for a “haunted birthday” since it’s October. We don’t ever do anything together other than the mandatory holidays even though we all live very close to each other… I did get my sister and surprisingly one brother came out last minute, but my other brother and niece blew me off. I wasn’t surprised though… frankly I was surprised anyone went along with it. I had also invited a close friend of mine and her husband, but my sister brought a bunch of her work friends so it kind of became more of a group of her work mates having a good time. (one of which got completely trashed and passed out behind the building so that threw a wrench in the whole evening and we all had to leave pretty soon after arriving) In the end my friends blew me off too so… it was somewhat disappointing, but I made the best of it. We managed to have a decent time up until that point and we got out of there pretty late after getting the drunk friend home… too late to visit my mom in the hospital (she’s been in and out the past 2 years for a multitude of reasons, gastrointestinal and lung issues)

She ended up dying the next day. We have the funeral this Thursday as it took a bit of time to get her ashes back. Her last words to us were “I don’t want to talk to them.” When my sister and I had asked to speak to her on the phone (my stepdad had called us while sitting with her, upset I hadn’t visited on my birthday the day prior) She was having a fit and requesting morphine (even though she was only in the hospital this time for a kidney infection) and after they gave her the shot she refused oxygen and was apparently dead within 20 minutes.

Needless to say my mother never kept us kids in mind for the financial burdens, so we get to deal with that too so… fun times.

And now as of 2 days ago, the feral cat we take care of is acting really weird and is all hunched up with her sides sunken in. She’s about 13 now, but despite her condition she’s still impossible to catch. The 1st time I get to touch her will probably be when she’s too far gone and I have to bring her to be put down…

So yea… it’s been a sh*t month.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Okay… well I copied my post and pasted it into a 2nd comment I made above… I added the top part to make it different so it would stop being flagged as spam and now I don’t want to touch it and make it disappear again!

In any case I would like to give a shout out to one member who was awesome and helped me out with a grab bag trade that brought a little light to this dismal month I’ve been having. You my friend, are awesome!

Back to whining, I really miss the sense of community we have here on the forum vs. the Facebook group. Not that there aren’t great members there too, but I often feel nostalgic for the smaller and more tightly knit relationships that I feel like are lacking on the more frequented social media platforms. So much toxicity. It’s just exhausting sometimes.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Hey D – I hear you and sometimes I’ve felt the same.
                    So sorry for all the stuff you’ve gone through recently. I have a funeral to attend this Thursday as well – a dear friend’s mom just passed on Sunday. I’ll say an extra prayer for your mom.

FYI – I’ve also had long posts eaten up then I decided I’d either ‘copy’ the post text before I actually ‘submit’ it, or I write them out first in Word and then paste them into a forum post. That seems to work well and then I have a Word doc copy in case I wish to send part of all of that post to other friends I email with. Just a suggestion so you don’t get too frustrated in the future. It really sucks to write your heart out for 20 – 30 minutes and have it disappear!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

sorry you’re going through all this, drag0n but glad the forums worked out so you could vent it out….and hopefully next month will bring better and happier things….

I miss the community as well, just being all excited over everything with others, making silly memes with Windstones, everything not costing a bigillonty dollars and missing when people would all post their GBs in one place so we could see them all and or it wouldn’t be lost in FB land within a few days…..

1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Bodine
                      Participant

Drag0n….I am so very sorry for all that you have had to deal with and sad to say you will be reminded every year but it does get easier as the years pass.Hopefully this coming year will be a good one and the clouds will melt away to sunshine.
                        May your heartaches pass quickly.
                        This has been one of the worst years of my life too and for all of us,may next year shine brightly .

BTW:CONGRATS on the Qi-Lin .

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I am sorry for the poopy month Drag0n. The cat is the one that wouldn’t tame from the kittens you brought home from work? I remember you speaking of her. And I am sorry your mom remained true to character to the end. But blessings on the person who helped you with the qilin!

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

I also miss the community of the forum. Here, I can share my woes and my my victories. On the FB group, I have been held to certain rules that do not apply to other people. It makes me feel not always welcome there. I miss being able to share all aspects of my life.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

StormDancer
                            Participant

I’m so sorry Dragon. I hope things start to improve for you soon.

I too miss how the forums used to be. The sense of community here made it the only forums that I would even use.

Since so much has moved to Facebook I barely even log in here anymore and I truly hate needing to log into Facebook just to see what someone might be trying to buy or sell.

Also needing to cross post sales or wants between here and there is a nightmare, especially if you’re trying to do an auction style sale.

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

NirvanaCat13
                              Participant

I miss you guys too. I’ve been so scared and full of anxiety to try and find even the smallest bit of energy to claw my way out of this hellaciosly deep miasma of depression and self loathing.

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

I miss you guys too. I’ve been so scared and full of anxiety to try and find even the smallest bit of energy to claw my way out of this hellaciosly deep miasma of depression and self loathing.

*hugs*

1. Mother Meerkat

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.