fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear about your pet’s passing. They are precious.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

tig3r06
      Participant

So sorry for the loss of your fur kid mimi 💕💞

fatalbeauty
        Participant

awr, sorry to hear that, Bodine….

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

pipsxlch
          Participant

Oh, I am truly sorry for your loss Mi. :.C

Suzanne-Marie
            Participant

Mimi,
              So sorry for the loss of your beloved 💕fur baby.
              Please let me know if you want to chat by PM, or by phone; I am here for you.
              My thoughts and prayers are with you; sending healing energy and warm hugs your way.
              🧚‍♀️

Bodine
              Participant

Thank you all for the well wishes and good hearts.
                Bodinetoo has taken it very hard. She was a daddy’s girl.He used to carry her around in his shirt pocket,she was so tiny.It truly breaks your heart to see your loved one break down and cry so hard with a broken heart knowing you are helpless to ease the hurt.That increases my pain tenfold.Thank you ladies for being thoughtful enough to care.Your words really do help when folks are down.Group hugz💞

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Amy
                Participant

I’m so sorry you and your family have to go through this, bodine. It’s unbearable to lose a member of the family. Take your time to grieve the loss. We all love you. I’m sorry.

GardenNinja
                  Participant

My father died yesterday.

Saturday evening, my brother went by his place, and found him lying on the floor unresponsive. At the hospital, CT scan showed bleeding stroke. Evidence shows it happened Tuesday morning. My brother had been by on Monday evening, and took care of all the dirty dishes. Dad had taken his Monday evening pills, but not Tuesday morning. There was a single dirty dish on the table – a cereal bowl.

On Saturday, I was very scared that his greatest fear would happen. When he was a teenager, his father had a series of strokes over 10 years. The last years, he was an invalid, and didn’t even recognize his wife. I have been hearing all my life about how my grandfather “died but wasn’t buried until 10 years later”.

His final directive was already on file with the hospital, but apparently they don’t even check for that if they have contact with the family. Sunday morning, they called to tell me he would need a breathing tube. Dad had already developed mild dementia. I asked about liklihood he would return to that level, and they were rather cagey about that. So I put him on DNR/DNI and called my brother. We went to the hospital, and reaffirmed his wishes. The doctor directed the nurses to begin comfort procedures (painkillers etc), and said he would probably die within a few days, possibly as long as a week later. Brother and I called our uncle (his only sibling) and discussed matters. In the evening, the hospital called to say he had died. He was 83. We are relieved that his life will not drag on with deepening dementia. Mom is too far gone to dementia, both Alzheimer’s and strokes, to need to be told. She hasn’t recognized me or my brother (identifying us as her sister and Dad’s brother) for half a year. Since she only lives in the present, she probably won’t realize he doesn’t come around anymore.

I was very conflicted about whether or what to say about this. He was very anti-religion, and my brother and I are athiests. So far, I have directed my supervisor to only tell the other programmers, four people total. Usually, this kind of thing gets emailed to everyone on plant, ~350 people. I decided I didn’t want to deal with expressions of religiosity from people who never met him, and don’t even necessarily know me very well.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
                    Participant

Oh sweetie,we are so very sorry for y’all’s heartache and loss.I am not good with words so I will just send hugz of comfort.💞

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
                      Participant

I am so sorry. You made the right decisions, but it still is difficult.

StormDancer
                        Participant

GardenNinja, I am so sorry for you and your families loss. You did what was right and what he wanted. Sending you comfort and hugs.

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Natasha
                          Participant

Aw, big hugs GardenNinja. My thoughts are with you. You did what needed to be done, even though it was hard.You can be proud of that. I’m glad you were able to keep things private, as you wished. If you need to vent more, please feel free to reach out. I know we’ve both had lots of experience with loved ones dealing with Dementia, and I hope you feel a sense of piece that he will not face a long, confusing, drawn out passing. Hugs.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

So sorry, GardenNinja. My sympathies.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

dragonmedley
                              Participant

GardenNinja, I am so sorry to hear this. I encourage you to tell your mom anyway – after our mother passed, we told our dad, even though he didn’t understand. She may realize his absence at one point, you never know…

My deepest condolences, I know what you’re going through.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

GardenNinja
                                Participant

Thank you all for your comfort.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.