WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,041 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I’m sorry for your loss, Natasha. My job is caring for/companion to an 89 year old woman with dementia. It’s sad watching her regress a little every day. I try to make jokes when she asks what will happen when she no longer knows her name, because otherwise it’s tears. Terrible disease, bless you for loving her. Most of my lady’s family (certainly not all of them) want nothing to do with her anymore.

Pony-up and the others who recently lost a fur love, group hug. I’ve been holding back tears all day today, my Pip has been heavy in my thoughts. Almost 20 years since she died, and it never totally heals.

windstonefan
      Participant

So sorry pipsxlch loosing a favorite fur baby never truly leaves us. I look down to the ground where my Timmi Jr. who died at just 6 years old is buried and think how he got robbed of the life he deserved when someone poisoned him. Just a 3 lbs of a white ball of fur and ask why? He was a teacup Poodle 3rd of his line. Karma will take care of it all. In the meantime I wait to see him dance for me again one day. I miss you so Timmi boy. Wipe away the tears that come. I totally get it.

windstonefan

pipsxlch
        Participant

Postage prices are crazy. Makes it hard to sell stuff plenty of times. I sold a dragon I had a Windstone box with inserts that could fit it; used that box on the proviso it was sent back. My partner was great to deal with and did send it back; got the (EMPTY!! but for inserts) box back today and it cost her $16.24 to ship from southern Minnesota to central Florida! Seems nuts to charge that much for an EMPTY!! box.

And the blood clots are back.

windstonefan
          Participant

Hi pipsxich, I know that any time you ship a box  over 12″ the price almost doubles up at USPS.  Unless it is one of their own boxes.  I try and ship the larger boxes Fed Ex  or UPS  their rates are cheaper for the large boxes  like that. When ever I sell on ebay most buyers assume that the rates for USPS are cheaper if when you purchase 4 things they are ship together but that is untrue. If you are going over that size 12″ its a no. I will use 2 different boxes and come out paying just about half the amount I would have paid to ship all in a huge box. Same as sellers that ship parcel post are they saving a dollar shipping that way? No after they pay for tracking and insurance on a 50.00 item they just went over what the priority would have cost them. Such silly-ness. Priority insures free up to 50.00 and tracking is free to. Aw the strange ways of USPS. There little quirks do add up and cost us dollars.

windstonefan

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Venting here about a bad eBay experience, so don’t mind me – unless you also paid for a Windstone that NEVER got sent and may not get your money back either!

I did a BIN for a nice excellent condition White Baby Pegasus for a great price -$32.49 + shipping back on 11/4. After three inquiries by me on when the seller was shipping and asking for a tracking number, and three broken promises that they were going to ship, I’ve opened up a claim with eBay. UNFORTUNATELY I didn’t know you needed to open a case within 30 days and I opened mine two days late. SO – the eBay Refund Guarantee is no longer valid! I’m at the mercy of this A**H*** as to if I get my Baby Pegasus or a Refund OR NOTHING! I now fully expect that I’m out my $40 and won’t see a Baby Pegasus from this GRINCH.

I’m also in good company… there were six other buyers from this GRINCH that have also opened up eBay claims because their items were never received and no communication. Two were fellow Windstone buyers – one for a White Baby Uni and the other for a Hatching Baby Peacock Dragon. If those two buyers are also forum members – I feel your pain too! I only hope you opened your eBay claims before the 30 day deadline and will hopefully get your money back. I very much doubt that I will! If you are interested in the GRINCH’s name so you can avoid him feel free to PM me…

On a Very Happy Note… Mimi sent me the BEST Birthday Gift! A Uni that is SPECTACULAR! He is GORGEOUS and I am in AWE of him! Unfortunately I can’t post photos but he is very similar to the ‘Crazy Lace’ Agate PYO Unicorn that Mimi recently did: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/hippocampus-x3-last-pg/page/36/#post-1544895
              Makes me not care as much about my bad eBay experience when I have such Great Forum Friends in all of you!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Zeppard Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
              Participant

Ela_Hara, that really sucks! eBay may only give you 30 days but PayPal gives you longer. If I were you and you used PayPal to make the purchase I would definitely contact PayPal thru their resolution center and see what they will do for you. I have had to go this route twice and while it does take a few weeks. I did get my money back in both cases. I hope this helps!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                Participant

Oh Ela_Hara,so sorry people can sometimes be so #$@&¥.I hope you get it resolved soon.
                  Thank you for the awesome praise💕I am very glad you are so happy with it.Happy Birthday ‘belated’ to a wonderful lady💖

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

windstonefan
                  Participant

Wow that is just awful. I can’t believe ebay only backs up to 30 days now. It used to be 6 months. I know because I had a buyer to waited 6 months to make a claim of non receipt. Really who waits that long? She made up all kinds of excuses saying someone else must have signed for it. But that she never got it. I called ebay and they said she was 2 days late on making a claim. Else who knows what would have happened. Wow just wow. But I see what another member said and Pay Pal is the way to go. I just got refunded there for 2 months of charges to a company that was supposed to install drivers on my computer but never actually did a thing just claimed they did. I know because I had Norton go in and fix everything that also included those missing drivers the other company was supposed to have put back in. A total scam. They just look like they are running something but do nothing at all except take your money. They refunded in just a day when told they were going to go up against Norton.

windstonefan

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Thanks for the info Guys!
                      I did use PayPal but I think I just used their ‘Credit Card’ payment method that you can do without logging into PayPal itself and I used a Visa Gift Card. So I still may be out of luck, especially since that transaction doesn’t show up in my Account Summary. According to the eBay claim info, the seller has until 12/21 (3 days) to respond to me and then I can ask eBay to get involved. I did leave negative feedback with my side of the story as well, to warn others.

If the seller doesn’t contact me I’m going to do that and also send another message to hopefully ‘shame’ them into answering… I mean the seller mentioned they had car problems, then had a surgery and was recovering, etc. and seemed genuine. And I was nice and encouraging and they seemed to appreciate that, but who knows if it was all an act. Maybe telling them how disappointed I was in them after being so nice to them might help – it couldn’t hurt. Who knows, maybe like the GRINCH their heart might grow a little and I will get the sculpt or my money.

I know, I know… I’m forever the optimist looking at the good side of people and a really gullible person sometimes… but hey, miracles do happen – especially at this time of year.

Zeppard Adult Poads

Melody
                      Keymaster

I don’t buy from ebay very often so I am no expert, but can’t you and the other forum members who have had a bad experience report this seller to ebay? I know they used to block bad actors in the past.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Yep – that’s also one of the things I’m going to ask eBay to do. However even if the seller is banned, they can always set up another eBay account and use that.

Zeppard Adult Poads

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Actually, I think I might really be screwed because even if he refunds the money it would probably go back on that specific gift card. But since I had technically used it up, I’ve since gotten rid of it and don’t have the card information any longer. Oh well. Live and learn.

Wish me luck that he sends the Baby Pegasus after all.

Zeppard Adult Poads

windstonefan
                            Participant

Well I think if Pay Pal gets onto them they have no choice. I actually think that once you use the money on a gift card it can’t be refunded back to the card but only to the cardholder in cash or trade. Since they did not honor the item you bought already I suspect Pay Pal will simply grab the money from there account or bank unless they close it. In any case I hope for your sake that is what happens. I hate to see anyone get their hard earn money taken from them. Good luck.

windstonefan

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

well I stepped in a drainage hole and after several hours in the ER, I found out I have a broken ankle….for now, I have a splint on until the swelling goes down and I make an appointment tomorrow to get a cast in a few days….oh joy, fun start to my year….
                                ;-;

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                                Participant

Oh nooo.So sorry. Heal soon and may this be the worst thing that happens to you all year. Get it over with quick.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,041 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.