fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

So very sorry for y’all’s loss.May your heart heal soon StormDancer.And you are very correct about the business.Uncle Donnie’s business is still unfinished.He lived alone and was mostly private so his brother is driving himself batty with it all.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
      Participant

Thank you so much Lisa and Bodine. I truly appreciate your thoughts.

Lisa, we have already went to some of the local businesses but he has accounts in small hometown credit unions that are over 5 hours away. So its not easy to get to them and they refuse to talk to anyone unless we are there in person. And several of the online accounts aren’t willing to speak with us until we can find his passwords. So yes, there is a lot we can do by going to places of business, but with so much being online now a days, dealing with this stuff is not as “easy” one might hope it would be.

I do understand the buisnesses point of view with so much identity theft, but if we had any idea of where his account information is, this would have been  just a bit less stressful on everyone involved.

Bodine I sure hope Uncle Donnie’s brother can get everything sorted out before much longer.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

GardenNinja
        Participant

I’m so sorry you are having to deal with this in addition to his death. Will any of the online or distant places accept you mailing them a copy of the death certificate, and some kind of proof of relationship?

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

StormDancer
          Participant

Thank you GardenNinja.

Some of the online places are allowing us to send in a Death certificate and copies of proof of who we are.  It all needs to be sent certified mail, so one more thing on the list of “to do”. Others say that once we can log in with his passowrd they will allow us to make any changes we might need to on the account or to close the account.

The out of town credit unions, it is depending on what their company policy is. One is refusing to even talk to us until we are physically standing in front of them with an original Death Cert and the originals of proof of who we are. The other two are going to reluctantly allow us to mail the information into them.

His wife is on the physical, non internet accounts in most cases, but because he was the primary account holder they really dont want to work with her without all the proof. Mostly I think, because she let him do everything financially and so they have never seen nor actually dealt with her before.

I do know that this is stuff we all have to deal with, as I stated in my first post, I intended my post more as a plea to be sure people have left their information where someone they trust can find it. Doing that isnt going to save anyone from needing to deal with this someday but it may save your loved ones weeks or months of stress as they try to search out where everything is.

Looking for:

Lupuslunae
            Participant

Biggest geek whine ever but here goes!  OMG found a reliable online kuji and soon I will have no extra money!!! It was okay because I only had a gambling problem in Japan but now I can do it virtually and am in so much trouble!  Yuri on Ice, My Hero Academia, Animal Crossing!!!! I need a Yuri On Ice x Sanrio cake stand! ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ

Bodine
              Participant

This is not a whine by far but sadness is attached.I got to choose a few personal belongings of Uncle Donnie’s.I always wanted his Nutcracker Butler.I got hm and Uncle Donnie will be with us every Christmas.

Sargent Pepper😁 Here are a few other personal treasures.2A.Sato Hakata sculptures Man with Bird & Man Carving.He also left me some of his beautiful Ruby glass pieces and alamp I loved.I look around now and he is with us.😍

My favorite lamp,he said my house was too dark for painting.He is right.

StormDancer
                Participant

What beautiful remembrances Bodine. I am so glad you got some pieces to help keep him close to you.

Lupuslunae I hope that you are able to manage to get a Yuri On Ice x Sanrio cake stand!

Looking for:

Melody
                  Keymaster

Wow what wonderful figures! The  first guy is holding a grey headed fish eagle!

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

well I just had a dumb moment….

earlier in the week I had a package delivered on Monday, it got in with the Amazon packages I guess….anyhoo, the scan kept showing up as out for delivery then eventually delayed…..anyhoo, I had my package so I didn’t worry about it….

moving on, I ordered something else and tonight I got a package delivered notice in my email, I naturally assume it’s the new one and it say delivered to door so I check, nothing, mailbox nothing….so I start going door to door to look for it, nothing….then finally my dumb brain starts thinking, what if it’s the other one? I get back home, sure enough, it’s the first one updating two days later….ugh, I feel dumb right now…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                      Participant

Lol,you aren’t the dumb one,the delivery service is the one that didn’t have their stuff together.😋

bayoudragon
                        Participant

Ugh… Nothing is falling into place right now.  I was supposed to move early this year, but it got pushed back.  Then again later in April. Then no.  Now I have no idea when I’ll be moving.  I am so ready to get out of New Mexico.

Everyone is on edge right now.  Fire season and a severe drought do not go well together.  The Ute Park wildfire is about 30 miles east of where I live.  It’s actually a little unsettling seeing the smoke cloud and then an air tanker cross over the mountain ridge to get to the fire.  The Santa Fe National Forest is now closed to the public… all 1.6 million acres closed.  Why?  Because park officials found more than 100 unattended campfires during the Memorial holiday.  WTF is wrong with people!?  There are fire restrictions all over the state.  No open fires, not even cigarettes unless you are in a car or designated smoking area.  We are sitting on a matchbox.

We live on the mountain.  One night we looked over the valley and actually saw a fire.  When you see it, you are kinda in denial at first.  Is that the start of a wildfire??  Then you see the emergency vehicles with their flashing lights coming from every direction.  You watch as the fire gets bigger.  You watch as the vehicles get closer.  It’s like a race.  Then it hits you… do we pack up the car and head off the mountain so we don’t get trapped up here?

I’ve decided that since I was in the process of putting my stuff in storage down in town for an easier move I might as well keep moving stuff off the mountain.  So all my books (except 4), gemstones, fossils, Windstones, anything not needed for immediate survival… it’s all going in storage.  It’s much safer there.  Town is basically on the mesa (flat).  Once you hit the base of mountain, it’s very steep with pine and scrub.  If anything catches, the mountain is going up in flame.  I have a grab-and-go bin by my door — birth certificate, documents, cash, the pack’s ashes, some valuables — all ready to go if need be.  I’d rather deal with a hurricane.  This is too much anxiety.  :/

StormDancer
                          Participant

I understand your frustration and anxiety BayouDragon.

I live in western Colorado and have been watching small wildfires start up on the mountains arouynd me for over a month. I am still waiting for last winter to actually get here. No snow, and basically no rain in my area since Febuary of 2017 all adds up to a tinderbox.

When the storm clouds do move in they bring winds and thunder and lightening. Of course because there is no rain with the storms, the lightening is a really efficient firestarter. Colorado will let the out of the way fires burn as it is healthier for the forest to be burned on occasion but they do still try to contain fires that are near any towns. Especially with the winds we get here. Wildfires move so much faster than most people can even imagine. One minute its 2 miles away, the next a spark has traveled on the wind and set the next mountain over on fire.

We have had a full fire ban in effect here since febuary of this year and yet, as in New Mexico, folks still have fires and leave fires unattended. It is crazy and scary to me.

I hope that all of your important items stay safe but most importantly, you and your loved ones stay safe.

Looking for:

pipsxlch
                            Participant

I just dropped my daughter off at college last weekend and she’s already talking about having to drop out because of money. Financial aid is impossible to figure out and there seems to be no help- it’s all MUST have government forms and stuff that doesn’t even exist, or just drop dead. I don’t know what to do. Do they help orphans more, require fewer papers? Maybe she should wait a year or so for when I’m dead.

tig3r06
                              Participant

Did she already create a FAFSA account and apply there?  Thats whatbi did and approved the federal loans on my school account.  They emailed me and said i still had unmet requirements to complete.  I just figured out I had to go and take a short online loan course(about how it works) and electronically sign promise to pay back so mine will go through.  Hopefully, that’s all I had to do. It takes a few days to process the online stuff once completed.

Bodine
                                Participant

Fires,yikes!I do not see how y’all can handle that,nervewise.Too stressful. Hurricanes,you see them coming,they hit,they gone and not nearly as frequently.Bless your hearts.Stay safe.

My daughter Amber picked up and traveled the country for five years.Living life.Me,I aged ten years.We rarely got to speak.Just keep communicating very often and before you know it she will be proudly graduating.Congrats to you both.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.