fbpx

What's your grail piece(s)?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What's your grail piece(s)?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,692 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Congrats! He’s very handsome.

fatalbeauty
      Participant

congrats drag0n! that’s a pretty boy!

and you’re lucky you got your box back, I shipped a lap up to Canada, said many time in my ad that I would pay for the box and such’s return….buyer agreed to those terms….well when the time came, he said he’d go take it to return it and would let me know the price over the weekend…and then, I had to put Jinyxy to sleep that weekend so I was offline a few daysish, still nothing, so when I got back, I pmed him about it and nothing….never heard from him again….tried to contact him a few more times, he would log on not long after I sent a pm, read it then log off again, grrrr!

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Got a new grail in a sense. Not a rare test paint but have always wanted one of these but it’s just never worked out. Not only was I able to get this fellow but by shipping the seller a box I was pretty confident I’d get him in one piece. Recieved in gorgeous condition. So happy and even with the extra shipping costs it still cost me under $300! Deal and a half!!!

received_473533703558420

Such an interesting color scheme. The larger sculpts in “Green” have so much going on!! He is fantastic. I have a Green male dragon and he is just… well…green 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Kim
          Blocked

Congrats Drag0n! I just got this little beauty in yesterday that I bought off ebay. It was also a kind of grail for me as I had wanted a lovebird poad ever since I saw 4 of them in the grab bag batch that came out in 2012. I knew who had two of the lovebirds but I always wondered where the other two ended up. She was a little faded when she arrived so I just touched up the black lines a bit and gave her a new clear coat and she’s as good as new! I’m so happy no one else bid on her so I could get her!

poad1

poad2a

poad3a

poad4a

poad5a

Here she is in the store photo.
            young_poads_grab_bag

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Congrats Kim and drag0n!
              That’s a Purty little Birdy and I Love how the violet/blues come out on that Emp! It makes the Old Green really Pop! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
              Participant

Congrats indeed.New year,new beauties going to new homes.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

tig3r06
                Participant

The poad probably wasn’t faded. If you look at the store pic of them their wing outlines were lighter.
                  When you sell or trade your pieces I hope you mention ones you’ve painted bits on.

Congrats everyone on their new grails!

Kim
                  Blocked

Tig3r06, I’m not planning on selling that one and if I did sell anything I’ve touched up I would tell people. It’s really not much different then fixing or painting a chip on a piece and adding new clear coat. The poad had some lines that were very dark or half dark and half light and some did look faded as the clear coat had worn off so in order to get it even I had to touch up all the lines. But I like it that way.

tig3r06
                    Participant

It actually is different when you alter Melody’s original design. I see the poad as having intentionally painted faded wing details for dimension. If you plan on keeping it forever, do whatever you feel like. Did you tell the person who purchased your purple fantasy hpeg that you painted the swirls thicker because you didnt like them thin? That’s different than restoring an item.

Kim
                      Blocked

It actually is different when you alter Melody’s original design. I see the poad as having intentionally painted faded wing details for dimension. If you plan on keeping it forever, do whatever you feel like. Did you tell the person who purchased your purple fantasy hpeg that you painted the swirls thicker because you didnt like them thin? That’s different than restoring an item.

I didn’t sell that hatching peg.
                        I kept that one and sold another one. And it’s not up to you to be rude and tell people what they can and can’t do with their own pieces. Thanks but no thanks for your comments.

tig3r06
                        Participant

Not trying to tell anyone what they can do with their pieces, I specifically said that above 🤣

It definitely isnt rude making sure people aren’t getting taken advantage of, making sure people aren’t getting altered items without knowing.

Kim
                          Blocked

Tig3r06 this is a grail thread. Not a sell your pieces thread. And if I was trying to hide a piece being touched up I wouldn’t have said it was on a public forum. I have only touched up a couple pieces in the past and have never listed those pieces for sale, nor do I intend to sell them.

tig3r06
                            Participant

I dont feel you understand the definitions of touched up and restored.

And people could see something here that ends up being traded or sold down the road, you never know.

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

sooooooo………………………….

any new found or new grails?

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Not to add fuel to a fire but as someone who does repairs on a near constant basis (and is super picky with line work) I have touched up an otherwise new/undamaged piece or two in my day… however if I alter something in any way I would consider it “repaired/restored” condition from there on out. For example there was a Poad I evened out the line work for, similar to Kim’s situation because I plan on taking it to the grave, but I wouldn’t consider that piece to be mint anymore because of my meddling and I would completely understand someone being upset if I didn’t make them aware of that if the circumstances came about I sold or traded it

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,692 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.