What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,562 total)
  • Author
    WeRePaNtHeR
    Participant

Lions and stegosaurus would be beyond splendiferous!!! :party:

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

WeRePaNtHeR
      Participant

My kingdom for a melanistic leopard cougar! :crown: Sensing a theme yet?! Could it be black cougar?! LOL.

Bullsquid
        Participant

I’m still hoping and praying for a snow leopard emperor dragon.

Erika
          Participant

Are the kingfisher griffins on hold, or still planned for someday? (I’m hoping for a ‘someday’ for once, since I already had to pass on the buckskin gothics (twice) and some time to recoup and save up would be nice, but I really hope kingfisher-esque griffins make it to production!

Amstaff
            Participant

My kingdom for a melanistic leopard cougar! :crown: Sensing a theme yet?! Could it be black cougar?! LOL.

I SEEN a black cougar many moons ago, when I was only young, MAYBE around 10-12 yrs old? Or a bit older….

I was home, and was outside wandering around as usual, as I loved the outdoors. We lived embedded in the woods, with the only other house in sight being way on the other side of the road way up on a hill. We could see the main road from our house to, but it was down a pretty steep hill.

Anywho, I had gotten an instant polaroid camera that year for Christmas, and was always trying to get pics of neat things with it, and had even gotten my sister with a chickadee perched on her hand, after birdseed. The thing being so SLOW at taking pictures made it more of a challenge I think, LOL!

That summer, I had OF COURSE forgotten the camera inside, and was outside doing what-not, when I spot right at the edge of the woods, behind the house, the large black cat, with a long tail. The thing just stood there looking at me. I was frustrated since I didnt have my camera with me, cause I knew if I ran to get it then come back out that it would be gone. So I started waving and shooing the thing away, being a kid and all, I was trying to tell it to git since it was too late for me to get a pic. Ahhh… being a kid and not realizing the dangers one could have been in eh?

I remember after it walked off as if I didnt even exist, running inside to tell Mom and Dad, and they were like “Oh yeah? A Black cougar eh?”….. I vaguely remember they questioned what I saw, and figured it was just a big house cat…..

To this very day I know I saw a black cougar. I remember years later googling it, and seeing that over the years there were indeed sightings of these around here in Nova Scotia, occasionally, but nothing ever confirmed by officials, or course.

I have had a lot of strange experiences like that as a kid… and recalling them now when Im older, they are so distant they almost feel like they had to have been a dream…… but I swear I saw one ! And I do feel a spiritual connection to cougars because of this sighting. ๐Ÿ˜€

WeRePaNtHeR
              Participant

I SEEN a black cougar many moons ago, when I was only young, MAYBE around 10-12 yrs old? Or a bit older….

I was home, and was outside wandering around as usual, as I loved the outdoors. We lived embedded in the woods, with the only other house in sight being way on the other side of the road way up on a hill. We could see the main road from our house to, but it was down a pretty steep hill.

Anywho, I had gotten an instant polaroid camera that year for Christmas, and was always trying to get pics of neat things with it, and had even gotten my sister with a chickadee perched on her hand, after birdseed. The thing being so SLOW at taking pictures made it more of a challenge I think, LOL!

That summer, I had OF COURSE forgotten the camera inside, and was outside doing what-not, when I spot right at the edge of the woods, behind the house, the large black cat, with a long tail. The thing just stood there looking at me. I was frustrated since I didnt have my camera with me, cause I knew if I ran to get it then come back out that it would be gone. So I started waving and shooing the thing away, being a kid and all, I was trying to tell it to git since it was too late for me to get a pic. Ahhh… being a kid and not realizing the dangers one could have been in eh?

I remember after it walked off as if I didnt even exist, running inside to tell Mom and Dad, and they were like “Oh yeah? A Black cougar eh?”….. I vaguely remember they questioned what I saw, and figured it was just a big house cat…..

To this very day I know I saw a black cougar. I remember years later googling it, and seeing that over the years there were indeed sightings of these around here in Nova Scotia, occasionally, but nothing ever confirmed by officials, or course.

I have had a lot of strange experiences like that as a kid… and recalling them now when Im older, they are so distant they almost feel like they had to have been a dream…… but I swear I saw one ! And I do feel a spiritual connection to cougars because of this sighting. ๐Ÿ˜€

How neat and lucky you where! There have been reports worldwide of “out of place” black panthers past and present. Some people think some explanations in the USA are that of melanistic cougars. I’m not 100% if that genetic mutation runs in cougars as it does in leopards and jaguars but I bet it does whether it is officially recognized or not. Other explanations include captive escaped or loosed panthers and still more explanations get more bizarre from there. I only like the cougar sculpts because they look enough like a leopard as well as a cougar and when painted black a panther which I have more than a spiritual connection too in a few different ways speaking of such things. Guess cause I’m not saying. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Cats got my tongue so to speak, LOL.
                That’s awesome you feel connected to a big cat too and that these new cougar sculpts are right up your alley! Thanks for sharing your great story. I wish I could have seen it with you!

Aggie83
                Participant

Ms. Melody – I saw your post in the rainbow sparkle thread. So the grab bag Cougars are a definite?!? That is awesome! Can’t wait.

Ferlin1984
                  Participant

Ms. Melody – I saw your post in the rainbow sparkle thread. So the grab bag Cougars are a definite?!? That is awesome! Can’t wait.

Was a decision made for the grab bag type? Natural or fantasy?

Natasha
                    Participant

Three of my favorite birds. I think they’d make gorgeous Griffins!

Indian Roller:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bearded Vulture:

Shrike:

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Aggie83
                      Participant

Pardon me for being a pill, but would it be possible to get any sort of a time frame on the GB cougars? (and perhaps a sneak peek :bigsmile: ) I keep trying to envision what they might look like and all my brain will conjure up are the gorgeous ones we have seen on eBay and the strawberry cougars you posted a while back. Granted – those are incredible, but I would presume those are too intricate for a grab bag.

Aggie83
                        Participant

@Natashvonlemke Those birds ARE gorgeous – especially the Indian Roller.

Natasha
                          Participant

@Natashvonlemke Those birds ARE gorgeous – especially the Indian Roller.

Thank you! I have a couple feathers that I purchased for millinery. They are incredibly vivid in person!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

WolfenMachine
                            Participant

Are the kingfisher griffins on hold, or still planned for someday? (I’m hoping for a ‘someday’ for once, since I already had to pass on the buckskin gothics (twice) and some time to recoup and save up would be nice, but I really hope kingfisher-esque griffins make it to production!

Also squeaking for Kingfisher griffins.

He’s one of my favorite griffins ever.

Also squeaking for white moon and sun dragons, silver orientals and black gold orientals. ๐Ÿ˜€ They’d look great with that firey belly and blue eyes against a black dragon ๐Ÿ˜€

Scathach
                              Participant

I’d like to put in a little squeak for Jet Black Flip Flap Cats.
                                My Snow White is lonely.

Thanks.

Life is beautiful.

Kim
                                Blocked

I also think the Indian Roller would make a great looking Griffin! Those are pretty birds! It also looks like similar colours to the Kingfisher.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,562 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.