fbpx

What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 1,562 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I’ll go with it!

I second the Up Loaf dragon and will add the Trover/Hoarder dragon to the list.

For colors, more options perhaps on the Hearth dragon? I’d love emerald since old green is out, or maybe something in browns similar to Sandgrouse but simpler. (I don’t care for the black on the face, even if it is accurate) Even just a stone finish. Also perhaps another Serpentine Old Warrior? I’d enjoy a sapphire/royal/ultramarine take on blue like others have mentioned too, though I thought Tanzanite was very beautiful and hit both the blue and purple buttons well. Too bad it’s retired.

fatalbeauty
      Participant

still squeaking for licking cats and sitting cats!

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Aphelia
        Participant

Since baby spectral dragons aren’t feasible for the time being, I’ll squeak for the hoarder dragon too, since it looks related to the spectrals in some ways.

Another potential-future-sculpt I’d love to see is a male hearth dragon… really curious about how he would look.

Bodine
          Participant

Male Hearth indeed!!Patience😋

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
            Participant

A white Hearth with maybe a little blue-purple accents😍

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nightcrow
              Participant

Okay, since we can no longer edit posts, I figured it would be useful to collect all of my current squeaks into one consolidated post. With pictures, because pictures always make long text posts better.

Restock & existing color/sculpt Squeaks

* Copper Patina Lap Dragon restock: I’d love it if both versions of CP were offered with both eye colors, but would also be happy with something less complicated – bright CB with teal eyes and dull CB with red eyes? Or even a ‘pick your eye color when you order a bright or dull CP’ option if that’s possible – someone could glue the selected eyes into a dragon of the chosen color right before boxing the dragon up, perhaps!

* ‘Catch-up’ releases: please complete the families for any colors that have appeared on some sculpts but not others! (Personally I’m most interested in Lap Dragons, which have never appeared in Lavender Pearl, Pink Pearl, and bright Copper Patina – but I am squeaking for general completeness because I know others chimed in with their hoped-for pieces when I squeaked for this before!)

* Color Shift Fennec Foxes (I’d prefer single-color ones, like the Cougars, rather than the contrasting-face version of Color Shift that was released on Sitting Foxes, please) and Fennec Foxes in Silver and Black Rainbow Sparkle!

* Sitting Red Foxes in basic black and ivory! I’d also love to see a natural version of Smoke without the sparkle paint…

Grab Bag Squeaks * Cougars (1st choice, as long as they don’t end up being $300 or something – I don’t know how Cougars compare to Tanukis on size/complexity) or Lady Cats (2nd choice) done like the most recent Tanuki GB, with the beautiful vine- or electric burst patterns!

* GB Fennecs again! Especially if they’re done with simplified versions of the above Tanuki styles, or the same beautiful swirling patterns as the last batch! “Fantasyfari” Fennecs would be cool, too: safari patterns in fantasy colors – turquoise tigers and pink zebras and purple leopards and such!

New Color Squeaks

* Although I love Blue Morpho, I’m still squeaking loudly for a new ‘Sapphire’ blue color to replace it at some point down the line. (We have Ruby, Emerald, Tanzanite, and Pearl! We need a nice deep Sapphire!) I’d absolutely die if it had yellow eyes/gems, because I love yellow sapphires and it would be a nifty nod to the fact that sapphires come in other colors! Maybe yellow eyes and an orange gem like a padparadscha sapphire?

* Frosted Jade and Jaguar Flame RP/LP Griffins!! Pretty pretty pretty please please please.

* LOUD squeak for the “Mineral Spring” color! We have never had a dragon color anything like it! The closest we’ve come is Pale Mint (which I think ran into paint supply issues?) or Water Sprite, but the Mineral Spring is more the most beautiful and unique by far to me! It’s the golden eyes and the perfect balance it strikes – soft, but not pastel.  I’ve longed for that OW for years, so I can’t even express how happy I would be to see it become a new dragon color! (It might look good on Kirins, too…?)

* A “true black” color for dragons! We’ve had black paired with just about every color, but never a primarily black dragon color. There’s a reason that “Blackwatch” the test paint is so sought-after; he’s the closest we’ve gotten to a black dragon! I’m dying to see a dragon along his lines, but with dark grey and pewter shading instead of Blackwatch’s red shading.

* I’d really like to see a new color developed for the ‘stone look’ pieces! Maybe a grey-toned granite, or a basalt-black? Unpolished metallic pewter? There are so many nice pieces with this finish that haven’t seen a release in a while, and I’d love to add some bookends or candlelamps or gargoyles to my collection if my only color choice wasn’t brownish-grey. I’m fond of the “Ash” test paint that came out years ago on a Mother Griffin: so maybe Melody and the test painters could come up with something along those general lines?

* Black Rainbow griffins, and possibly Metaltronic griffins! The female Metaltronic griff is still one of my favorite griffin test paints ever! (The male is way more bronze on him, which I’m not as fond of. The female has touches of silver everywhere and is gorgeously balanced!)

* A new brown color! My personal vote’s for Copper Cowry, with runner-up Wood Nymph:

but I would also welcome something more golden, along the lines of the “Cinnamon Copper” or “Copper Gold” colors by Olimpia:

* A new red color! So many people loved the deep-cranberry version of Ruby, me included, and I’m not usually a fan of red, so I’m squeaking for it to be developed into a Cranberry color in its own right! With a different eye color and sans pink or gold, to make it easier to identify as its own color instead of a restock of Ruby; maybe a hint of black and/or plum instead?

New Sculpt Squeaks

* That new Oriental we saw a sneak preview of was great! I hope it will be released in old colors, so I can add one to my Peacock Oriental family.

* ‘Juvenile’ Griffin? Somewhere in between the size of the adults and the babies. A goofy adolescent pose like pouncing or scratching would be cute!

* Hatching Oriental? A new hatcher would be great, especially if the Oriental eggs looked different from the Western dragon eggs. Possibly more snake-egg-like, befitting the Oriental body shape? Maybe with flecks or blotches or swirls or some other kind of coloring on the shell, too?

*A new ‘big cat’ Pebble, such as a tiger or jaguar or lioness, in a tucked-up cozy poze. (I say ‘big cat’ because I’m wanting something about th size of the Cougar, rather than the smaller Lady/Fat Cats.)

*A vague request, but for a long, long time I’ve hoped that we would eventually get another large dragon, somewhere between the Lap/Scratcher and the OW in size. (A “King Dragon,” since we have a Kinglet?) My White Dragon family needs another member…

* A new Gothic Unicorn, in seated/rearing classic heraldic pose similar to the Unicorn Colt!

* The second Pebble Loaf Dragon we’ve seen previews of! S/he looks so cute!

Thank you, Melody and Windstone team, for all that you do!!

Adding a couple of things to this that I forgot:

Under restocking squeaks, I said ‘black and ivory’ Sitting Red Foxes; I meant to say ‘natural, black, and ivory’ SRFs!

Under the bit about a new red color, I forgot to mention Carnelian, which I’d be interested in seeing on dragon sculpts beyond the Hearth dragon!

A few of things got left out of my ‘new sculpt’ squeaks, too:

+I squeaked for a new ‘big cat’ Pebble, BUT I would be equally-or-more happy to have a ‘housecat’ sized Pebble cat in a stretched-out pose like the Cougar’s!

+And I am really hoping that one day we’ll get an ‘un-fancy’ version of the PYO Oriental, the way there are two versions of the Kirin!

+Shorthair PYO flapcat?

Thanks again, Windstone family!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

LZ
                Participant

May I make a case for using flat-back Swarovskis as eyes for a young spectral sculpt? I popped a 40ss into my WIP PYO. They come in smaller sizes as well. I would suggest crystal-AB for use as spectral eyes, as that would most closely mimic what is used in the adult spectrals. I don’t have any of this color on hand right now for a demo. This is capri blue.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Squeaks for colors…

Mystic umber (I’m never stopping!)

And I find the Seagrass paint scheme very soothing. Would that be possible for a limited production?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

merrillannwhite
                    Participant

I like mystic umber too.  Especially the pieces with more umber.  I think it makes the blue stand out more.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Hah LisaZ- just like the Pernese dragons now, with their faceted eyes!

Landipan
                        Participant

A Pegasus PYO! Maybe a foal?

A fairy winged critter PYO (could be a horse, a fox, cat, or a fairy itself! I’d take anything!)

*Formerly meowmix101
                          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I was just about to comment with the same comparison!  ;D  Pern dragons were the first thing I thought of.  What a cool effect!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

etruscan
                            Participant

A Pegasus PYO! Maybe a foal? A fairy winged critter PYO (could be a horse, a fox, cat, or a fairy itself! I’d take anything!)

Even if a fairy winged PYO doesn’t fit on Melody’s “To Do” list, I think it is OK if the painter adds wings.  A “Fairy Kirin” is in the PYO gallery:

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

May I make a case for using flat-back Swarovskis as eyes for a young spectral sculpt? I popped a 40ss into my WIP PYO. They come in smaller sizes as well. I would suggest crystal-AB for use as spectral eyes, as that would most closely mimic what is used in the adult spectrals. I don’t have any of this color on hand right now for a demo. This is capri blue.

This is a COOL Effect! I have a Rooster PYO that I wanted to do differently. Would anyone know how I need to compare sizes of these flat-back Swarovski crystals to the 4mm eye size? Is there a conversion table somewhere I can use? Might want to look into using these for other PYOs as well. Looks Great LisaZ!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
                                Participant

I was just about to comment with the same comparison! ;D Pern dragons were the first thing I thought of. What a cool effect!

I don’t know Pern…. But My Little Pony had a crystal(look)-eye line! LOL

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 1,562 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.