What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 1,562 total)
  • Author
    merrillannwhite
    Participant

And maybe pebble foals to go with the pebble horses?

tig3r06
      Participant

Etruscan, thanks for the photo! that color is really pretty!

Nightcrow
        Participant

I’d like to squeak for GB Cougars done like the most recent GB Tanukis!  Those are gorgeous.

I would also like to squeak for some ‘catch-up’ releases, such as all the sculpts that never received a release in Lavender Pearl being offered in that scheme, etc.  (For the completionists out there, myself included!)

And as always, Lap Dragons in Copper Patina with teal eyes!  <3  In my wildest dreams, we’d get both the brighter and darker versions of CP, but I want at least one option, pretty please!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

LZ
          Participant

Same here, same here. Mother coiled dragon got a pass with prismatic spring, and other colors. If the the coiled guy can it it, the mom can too.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Nightcrow
            Participant

Adding to this: Glacier!  We only ever got Curlies in this color, I think, but I really like it and think that the rest of the dragon family deserves some chill, too!  🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

silkenwinds37
              Participant

TERRACOTTA, TERRACOTTA, TERRACOTTA! Melody if you do limited production of this I think many collectors would be happy. I love the riser and fledgling and I really want to also get my hands on a lap, male, and possibly emperor in this color.  Would be so awesome!  And the SK looks AMAZING in that color!  SQUEAK!

silkenwinds37
                Participant

I agree glacier is incredible that would look amazing on SK don’t you think? I know I really want that curlie!

Natasha
                  Participant

Time to revisit my Squeaks!

My faves are always unis! I would LOVE to see:

Safari Babies

Fantasy colts

Paint Puke Pinto Youngs

Cougars GB’s done like the Tanukis

Pebble Ponies done like the Tanukis

Safari Pebble Ponies

Grab Bag Bats

Grab Bag Griffin Chicks

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Melody
                    Keymaster

We had to discontinue the Glacier color because the paint was no longer available! We had been using a premixed blue fabric paint color that someone found in a craft store.  We usually do not use pre-mixed paints, but this one looked perfect as a “glacier ” color.

Nightcrow
                      Participant

Interesting!  Thanks for sharing, Melody.  This makes two colors now that have been discontinued because of paints disappearing (three, if you count the Old Green), doesn’t it?

Who knew paint suppliers were such flakes?  🙂

I’m still hoping for Lavender Pearl, Prismatic Spring, and other colors to appear on the rest of the sculpts they haven’t graced yet, though.  Names aren’t coming to mind right now, but I know there are a lot of colors that left a few sculpts behind and I’m sure collectors would love to catch up on anything that got missed.

And of course, still hoping that one day we’ll get a deep-blue Sapphire color and a restock of CP Laps.  <3  Not to mention some GB Cougars similar in style to the recent Tanukis!  (Do you have a name for this style, Melody?  It’s so pretty!)

silkenwinds37
                        Participant

After finding that beautiful gargoyle griffin with the nest of eggs on ebay I am squeaking for a new variation of that sculpt or a recasting of the original in limited edition copper patina or something similar.  🙂

LZ
                          Participant

Similar to the recent blue morpho restock, please restock shell pink? I’d still like a couple sculpts in that which are out of stick, and I see a few asks for that color in the classified ads. Pretty (pink) please?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Kim
                            Blocked

I agree.  I would love a restock of shell pink hatching dragons.  I also still want a copper patina baby dragon too.  I am also hoping for grab bag safari baby unicorns, fantasy colts, maybe grab bag griffin chicks and another batch of grab bag baby pegasi or new pastel coloured or pastel rainbow production baby pegasi.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

merrillannwhite
                              Participant

How about a run of “Sugar Plum” in whatever is available for the holidays?  I really love all the pieces I have seen that color.  Especially the oriental dragon, but I think I would buy anything I could get in that color scheme.  🎄😄🎄

Nightcrow
                                Participant

Okay, since we can no longer edit posts, I figured it would be useful to collect all of my current squeaks into one consolidated post.  With pictures, because pictures always make long text posts better.  🙂

Restock & existing color/sculpt Squeaks

* Copper Patina Lap Dragon restock: I’d love it if both versions of CP were offered with both eye colors, but would also be happy with something less complicated – bright CB with teal eyes and dull CB with red eyes?  Or even a ‘pick your eye color when you order a bright or dull CP’ option if that’s possible – someone could glue the selected eyes into a dragon of the chosen color right before boxing the dragon up, perhaps!

* ‘Catch-up’ releases: please complete the families for any colors that have appeared on some sculpts but not others!  (Personally I’m most interested in Lap Dragons, which have never appeared in Lavender Pearl, Pink Pearl, and bright Copper Patina – but I am squeaking for general completeness because I know others chimed in with their hoped-for pieces when I squeaked for this before!)

* Color Shift Fennec Foxes (I’d prefer single-color ones, like the Cougars, rather than the contrasting-face version of Color Shift that was released on Sitting Foxes, please) and Fennec Foxes in Silver and Black Rainbow Sparkle!

* Sitting Red Foxes in basic black and ivory!  I’d also love to see a natural version of Smoke without the sparkle paint…

Grab Bag Squeaks

* Cougars (1st choice, as long as they don’t end up being $300 or something – I don’t know how Cougars compare to Tanukis on size/complexity) or Lady Cats (2nd choice) done like the most recent Tanuki GB, with the beautiful vine- or electric burst patterns!

* GB Fennecs again!  Especially if they’re done with simplified versions of the above Tanuki styles, or the same beautiful swirling patterns as the last batch!  “Fantasyfari” Fennecs would be cool, too: safari patterns in fantasy colors – turquoise tigers and pink zebras and purple leopards and such!

New Color Squeaks

* Although I love Blue Morpho, I’m still squeaking loudly for a new ‘Sapphire’ blue color to replace it at some point down the line.  (We have Ruby, Emerald, Tanzanite, and Pearl!  We need a nice deep Sapphire!)  I’d absolutely die if it had yellow eyes/gems, because I love yellow sapphires and it would be a nifty nod to the fact that sapphires come in other colors!  Maybe yellow eyes and an orange gem like a padparadscha sapphire?

* Frosted Jade and Jaguar Flame RP/LP Griffins!!  Pretty pretty pretty please please please.

* LOUD squeak for the “Mineral Spring” color!  We have never had a dragon color anything like it!  The closest we’ve come is Pale Mint (which I think ran into paint supply issues?) or Water Sprite, but the Mineral Spring is more the most beautiful and unique by far to me!  It’s the golden eyes and the perfect balance it strikes – soft, but not pastel.  🙂  I’ve longed for that OW for years, so I can’t even express how happy I would be to see it become a new dragon color!  (It might look good on Kirins, too…?)

* A “true black” color for dragons!  We’ve had black paired with just about every color, but never a primarily black dragon color.  There’s a reason that “Blackwatch” the test paint is so sought-after; he’s the closest we’ve gotten to a black dragon!  I’m dying to see a dragon along his lines, but with dark grey and pewter shading instead of Blackwatch’s red shading.

* I’d really like to see a new color developed for the ‘stone look’ pieces!  Maybe a grey-toned granite, or a basalt-black?  Unpolished metallic pewter? There are so many nice pieces with this finish that haven’t seen a release in a while, and I’d love to add some bookends or candlelamps or gargoyles to my collection if my only color choice wasn’t brownish-grey.  I’m fond of the “Ash” test paint that came out years ago on a Mother Griffin:

so maybe Melody and the test painters could come up with something along those general lines?

*  Black Rainbow griffins, and possibly Metaltronic griffins!  The female Metaltronic griff is still one of my favorite griffin test paints ever!  (The male is way more bronze on him, which I’m not as fond of.  The female has touches of silver everywhere and is gorgeously balanced!)

* A new brown color!  My personal vote’s for Copper Cowry, with runner-up Wood Nymph:

but I would also welcome something more golden, along the lines of the “Cinnamon Copper” or “Copper Gold” colors by Olimpia:

* A new red color!  So many people loved the deep-cranberry version of Ruby, me included, and I’m not usually a fan of red, so I’m squeaking for it to be developed into a Cranberry color in its own right!  Preferably with a different eye color and without any pink or gold at all, to help differentiate it; maybe a hint of black and plum instead?

New Sculpt Squeaks

* That new Oriental we saw a sneak preview of was great!  I hope it will be released in old colors, so I can add one to my Peacock Oriental family.

* ‘Juvenile’ Griffin?  Somewhere in between the size of the adults and the babies.  A goofy adolescent pose like pouncing or scratching would be cute!

* Hatching Oriental?  A new hatcher would be great, especially if the Oriental eggs looked different from the Western dragon eggs.  Possibly more snake-egg-like, befitting the Oriental body shape?  Maybe with flecks or blotches or swirls or some other kind of coloring on the shell, too?

*A new ‘big cat’ Pebble, such as a tiger or jaguar or lioness, in a tucked-up cozy poze.   (I say ‘big cat’ because I’m wanting something about th size of the Cougar, rather than the smaller Lady/Fat Cats.)

*A vague request, but for a long, long time I’ve hoped that we would eventually get another large dragon, somewhere between the Lap/Scratcher and the OW in size.  (A “King Dragon,” since we have a Kinglet?)   My White Dragon family needs another member…

* A new Gothic Unicorn, in seated/rearing classic heraldic pose similar to the Unicorn Colt!

* The second Pebble Loaf Dragon we’ve seen previews of!  S/he looks so cute!

Thank you, Melody and Windstone team, for all that you do!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 1,562 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.