The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon

• This topic has 108 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by LZ.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Maybe I should try to get a nearly complete class pic up when I start the KS. It will be hard if somebody sees a newly painted dragon they really want and have already claimed one. Not sure how to deal with that.

This would probably be a really good idea. Otherwise you’ll probably have waves of people changing their minds- people who did’nt know that there are more dragons than those shown so far and make a choice they regret when they see the newer batch, people who claim something “to be safe” and want to dump it for a newer one, and people who wanted one of the shown ones but were beaten out by someone in the first 2 categories. They go for a lesser choice, but when they see their first choice dumped they want to change to it.

We’ve also seen in this thread that not all the viewers read that the pictured dragons were only part of the offering. I imagine it will be worse when the KS goes live, and you have participants who aren’t Forum members or lurkers, so may have no reason to know there will be more offerings.

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Which one is Train Wreck?on FB?

Trainwreck

C867511F-E1BE-4F54-BD12-1A8FF32134C8

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

yolanda
        Participant

This blue purple one is the one I’m really REALLY wanting !

yolanda
          Participant

This blue purple one is the one I’m really REALLY wanting !

And this one would be my runner up !

sherry10151982
            Participant

Yolanda, you have great taste!! I’m thinking I’m starting to like train wreck too now!! Melody, you better paint a whole lot more just like that LOL!!

StormDancer
              Participant

I really like the runner up that Yolanda put up too.

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                Participant

Pretty but nah,not for me.Good luck who gets it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
                  Participant

Here are my top choices.#1 matches my keeper very well.

Screenshot_2020-02-25-05-39-31

Screenshot_2020-02-25-05-40-13

Screenshot_2020-02-25-05-40-26

Screenshot_2020-02-25-05-40-56

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Your 1st choice was in my also-ran category, Mimi. I love the colors and they work well together, but he’s not the best match to my collection. I still like 11 best. The older ones are working better for me than the new ones, so far.

I work (just days) Fridays, here’s hoping they don’t come out before I get home!

whisker hunter west
                      Participant

What about having three dragon statuses?
                        FREE = No one has yet made a claim
                        RESERVED = someone made a claim, but may still release it == “in basket, not yet checked out”
                        CLAIMED = Dragon no longer available = “checked out”

This should solve most of the problems, as long as the (clearly stated) rule is that once you request “I CLAIM THAT ONE”, your choice is FINAL and you’re done. This way, if you are CERTAIN that you want THAT piece (ex. Setsunawolf & “Train Wreck”), then you can just submit a Claim. And hope you’re first. If you think you want that piece, but you want to see if something you like better comes out later, then you submit a Reserve. (And hope you’re first.)

If someone else got there first with a Claim, then: Please select another piece.
                        If someone else got there first with a Reserve, then: You are #[n] in the queue for claiming Dragon #X.

This would let people choose their “risk” levels. The earliest backers could wait for later dragons without the risk of losing their current-favorite. The later backers could decide to risk waiting for an already-reserved favorite to come open, or choose from their favorite of the free dragons.

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

Kim
                        Blocked

I feel like that even if people said they claimed one, they might still change their mind. Maybe everyone could just ‘reserve’ them at first and then ‘claim’ later once they have decided they don’t want anymore. As of now I’m waiting to see new dragons because I haven’t seen anything yet that fits my collection. I would really like to see a class pic of everything painted before the kickstarter starts so I can see if there’s one I really like before backing it. I might only be able to afford one unless there are two I absolutely love.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

JynXx
                          Participant

This is the only Bantam Dragon I’m interested in, featured on Melody’s dA – otherwise I’ll be trying for a Sand

@Melody
                            will this one be included in the KS?

WS-Bantam-Dragon-WL

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                            ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                            ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                            ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                            ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                            ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                            ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Kim
                            Blocked

That is one I liked at first too Jynxx. It has a little more blue than I would want but I was hoping to see more like that with rainbowy colours.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                              Participant

Yeah you know she will.
                                I love this one too.

Screenshot_2020-02-28-06-24-47

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

What about having three dragon statuses?
                                  FREE = No one has yet made a claim
                                  RESERVED = someone made a claim, but may still release it == “in basket, not yet checked out”
                                  CLAIMED = Dragon no longer available = “checked out”

This should solve most of the problems, as long as the (clearly stated) rule is that once you request “I CLAIM THAT ONE”, your choice is FINAL and you’re done. This way, if you are CERTAIN that you want THAT piece (ex. Setsunawolf & “Train Wreck”), then you can just submit a Claim. And hope you’re first. If you think you want that piece, but you want to see if something you like better comes out later, then you submit a Reserve. (And hope you’re first.)

If someone else got there first with a Claim, then: Please select another piece.
                                  If someone else got there first with a Reserve, then: You are #[n] in the queue for claiming Dragon #X.

This would let people choose their “risk” levels. The earliest backers could wait for later dragons without the risk of losing their current-favorite. The later backers could decide to risk waiting for an already-reserved favorite to come open, or choose from their favorite of the free dragons.

I like this idea, but it might be a task to keep up with it.
                                  Windstone might definitely need to utilize a spreadsheet or some other vehicle to organize and keep track of the dragon statuses, if they go this route.
                                  It might be a nice idea – sometimes I can’t decide between two pieces and if we can ‘reserve’ one or more dragons I can decide than claim one and release the other. It would be more work on Windstone’s part, but maybe less confusing at the end though.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.