The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon

• This topic has 108 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by LZ.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

I thought I’d make a thread for the Kickstarter campaign for the Bantam dragon.
      If you aren’t familiar with Kickstarter, it is a crowdfunding site designed for the purpose of getting new products from small companies and individuals created.
      You can ask questions about it here!
      Either I (or maybe the forum members that know more about it than I do!) can answer your questions.
      Here is a link to a preview of the page I am working on.
      THIS ISN’T LIVE YET
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reptangle/dragon-figurines?ref=4fr1v0&token=de3d4e1d
      There is a button at the top of this preview page where you can request to be notified when it goes live.

Suggestions and comments are welcome! Either here or on the Kickstarter page.
      And here is a link to another page where you can request to be notified when the campaign goes live.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reptangle/dragon-figurines

Ela_Hara
      Participant

I think the page is great, Melody!

I posted this on the other thread and I thought it would be helpful to repost my comments here as well…

Just a reminder about backing a Kickstarter…. you don’t pay until the Kickstarter is over and has been fully funded. Therefore, no worries if you don’t have the entire funds at the beginning when you pledge as long as you have the funds when the Kickstarter has been successful and ended – that is when your credit card will be charged.

Here’s a little tip for those who can stay under $499 total (pledge with ship costs), especially if you rather work with cash, as I do, and don’t want to run up a huge credit card bill. Save up cash and use it to purchase a $500 Visa Gift Card. Since the Kickstarter runs for a month, you will have up to 30 days to save! You still need to enter a credit card when you first submit a pledge, but the cool thing about Kickstarter is that your pledge can be updated as many times as you want until the Kickstarter ends – and this includes your Method of Payment. So – after you purchase your Visa Gift Card, you can revise your pledge’s Method of Payment and use the Gift Card’s number. The only thing you need to remember is that Kickstarter requires that the Gift Card has at least $1 more on it than the total of the entire pledge with shipping costs.

I like and prefer Visa Gift Cards, but I’m sure that MasterCard or American Express Gift Cards will work too. Just remember to have $1 more than your entire Pledge+Ship total and you should be fine. ^_^

Happy Pledging when The Bantam Dragon Kickstarter begins! Yay!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
        Participant

Melody, would it be helpful to hear ahead of time what numbers people like in the photos, to get a head start on making similar color schemes?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Kim
          Blocked

Yeah Melody said before to Let her know what colours people liked because then she could paint more if there were popular ones. Melody any chance if people want two choose your own dragons, you could do a set at $500? As Ela_Hara posted above, it would make trying to pay for things or finance things with cards a lot easier. I was hoping they wouldn’t be over $250 myself because I just spent a lot of the ponycorns.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
            Participant

How are y’all keeping up with it this time?I am seeing things after the fact and I don’t want to miss the 1st day launch.Do I just go to my previous KS page?Thanks.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Scathach
              Participant

How are y’all keeping up with it this time?I am seeing things after the fact and I don’t want to miss the 1st day launch.Do I just go to my previous KS page?Thanks.

All you need to do is click on the link that Melody sent. Then log into Kickstarter, using the same login info you used previously. Or, create a new account if you don’t have a KS account. Once you’ve done that, there’s a button that pops up asking if you want to be notified when the campaign goes live. That way, you’ll get an email from KS (make sure you check your junk folder) as well as a notification from Melody.

Hope this helps.

Life is beautiful.

Bodine
                Participant

I’m in,thanks!

etruscan
                  Participant

You don’t even have to log in or have a Kickstarter account as far as I can tell. Try just clicking on the link in the first post in this thread. Then click “Let’s see It” on the panel that comes up asking whether you want to look at the preview.

Once you get to the preview I have found that the “Feedback/Comments” panel at the right of the Kickstarter page is a nuisance. (It hides the tiers and pledge levels.) However, you can make it go away by clicking on the X at upper right.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Melody, would it be helpful to hear ahead of time what numbers people like in the photos, to get a head start on making similar color schemes?

Sure!

Bodancia
                      Participant

How are we going to do the “Choose your Own Dragon” process?

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Bodine
                        Participant

I have picked out 7 color combos.I think I will be very happy with what I get.😊

etruscan
                          Participant

According to the draft Kickstarter page, the process is this (copied from the reward tier that lets you choose your dragon):

Pledge $260 or more
                            Choose your Bantam Dragon!

Choose an individually painted Bantam dragon figurine!
                            You may choose from a group of multi-colored test painted dragons, individually painted and signed by me, Melody Pena.
                            You may claim the one(s) you would like from the group photos I will be posting here.

** Make a pledge for this reward FIRST, then using the message feature here on Kickstarter, send us the id# of the dragon(s) you would like.

I’ll go by the order in which the messages claiming a dragon were received**

If the dragon you would like has been claimed, you can choose a different one from the same group, or wait and see what new dragons pop up. I will be painting more dragons during the month of this campaign, so new ones will be added!
                            These dragons are airbrushed in a variety of colors: rainbow, black with color trim, pastels, natural colors -whatever I come up with.

The sample “Choose Your Dragon” photo looks like this:

Kickstarter_hoarderbantam-dragon_choice-page

Melody
                            Keymaster

That is a good question. I am still thinking about it.
                              I spent an hour or so yesterday trying to find the “Contact creator” or “message us” or something like that button. I KNOW we used it for our last Kickstarter!
                              Does anyone remember??
                              Either the “message us” button is gone now, or my brain is fftzed…
                              Anyway, I finally located a “contact creator” button, very well hidden at the bottom of my bio section, which is at the top right of the page.
                              Sheesh. Nobody will find that.
                              I wanted to use this message feature to have people claim dragons, but it is so hidden I don’t think that it will work.
                              If Kickstarter allows us to post an email address, we can make a special email account to collect dragon claims, but I don’t think they allow that.
                              All contact with backers is supposed to be through the Kickstarter website.
                              The point is we need ONE place where backers can go to claim dragons, so their claims are in order, and we don’t get multiple claims coming from all different places. That was a big problem with the last KS!

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Hey Mel –
                                I looked at one of my ‘in progress’ Kickstarters that I’m a Backer for and it looks like that besides the ‘Ask the Creator’ link found under the Artist’ Bio, the only other direct message link is in the FAQ section. It’s the ‘Ask a question’ button to the right of the FAQs – See my screen shot below for reference.

FAQ-Ask-A-Question

This might be a better place to direct people and I believe could be more usable.
                                On the main Campaign page, and as one of your FAQ items, you can outline how the ‘Choose Your Dragon’ claiming works and include the instructions to go to the FAQ section and click the ‘Ask A Question’ link to send a direct message for claiming the dragon(s) a Backer wants. These messages will go to the email address you have set up for the Kickstarter, I believe. And any responses from you goes directly back to the person and not to a ‘see all’ Comments section.

In fact – even the Comments section has a message area that directs people to the FAQ section if they want to ask the Creator a question. So this may be your best option all around.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-20-at-3.42.03-PM

And – also at the bottom of the Campaign page you have the same messaging and the FAQ page link that reads:
                                “Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ”

I believe the FAQ page would be the way to go as long as you are okay with all the direct messages coming to your email. Unless you set up a new email address specifically for this or any future Windstone Kickstarters… GOOD LUCK! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
                                Keymaster

That sounds like it might work. I wish I could test it before I launch! So if you “post a comment”, it will be visible to everyone, but the “ask a question” thing is private?
                                  None of these buttons on the top bar of a Kickstarter page appear before the project is live, I can’t test them, and I can’t remember how it worked the last time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.