The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon

• This topic has 108 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by LZ.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Bodancia
    Participant

Would it be possible for us to select our top three choices perhaps? For instance I’d like to choose a Dragon Color, my top 3 choices are 1,2,or 3.
      That way if the top choice is gone, you could move on immediately to the persons second choice. Would perhaps eliminate some back and forth?

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

LZ
      Participant

How are we going to do the “Choose your Own Dragon” process?

That is a good question. I am still thinking about it.
        I spent an hour or so yesterday trying to find the “Contact creator” or “message us” or something like that button. I KNOW we used it for our last Kickstarter!
        Does anyone remember??
        Either the “message us” button is gone now, or my brain is fftzed…
        Anyway, I finally located a “contact creator” button, very well hidden at the bottom of my bio section, which is at the top right of the page.
        Sheesh. Nobody will find that.
        I wanted to use this message feature to have people claim dragons, but it is so hidden I don’t think that it will work.
        If Kickstarter allows us to post an email address, we can make a special email account to collect dragon claims, but I don’t think they allow that.
        All contact with backers is supposed to be through the Kickstarter website.
        The point is we need ONE place where backers can go to claim dragons, so their claims are in order, and we don’t get multiple claims coming from all different places. That was a big problem with the last KS!

I found the “contact me” in the author bio easily enough. At least it’s fairly close to the top of the page. I would worry that “ask the creator in the FAQ makes all messages public like in the comments section.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I know for a fact that the ‘Ask A Question’ button on the FAQ page is ONLY between the sender and the Artist – No one else.
          I’ve used this feature many times on the previous eight Kickstarters I’ve backed from other creators. Once you send a question and get a reply, it comes to you as an email directly from Kickstarter.

The only page where you see everyone else’s comments is on the open ‘Comments’ page.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
          Participant

I have picked out 7 color combos.I think I will be very happy with what I get.😊

You know,I love all the bright colors but I watched the videos just now and I have to say,I am drawn to the Sand one.I think I will have to get one and hope it is a bit darker shaded like the back wings.I really love the back view coloring.Tough choices to make that’s for sure.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one dayđŸ€žDream on.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

How are we going to do the “Choose your Own Dragon” process?

That is a good question. I am still thinking about it.
              I spent an hour or so yesterday trying to find the “Contact creator” or “message us” or something like that button. I KNOW we used it for our last Kickstarter!
              Does anyone remember??
              Either the “message us” button is gone now, or my brain is fftzed…
              Anyway, I finally located a “contact creator” button, very well hidden at the bottom of my bio section, which is at the top right of the page.
              Sheesh. Nobody will find that.
              I wanted to use this message feature to have people claim dragons, but it is so hidden I don’t think that it will work.
              If Kickstarter allows us to post an email address, we can make a special email account to collect dragon claims, but I don’t think they allow that.
              All contact with backers is supposed to be through the Kickstarter website.
              The point is we need ONE place where backers can go to claim dragons, so their claims are in order, and we don’t get multiple claims coming from all different places. That was a big problem with the last KS!

Hey Mel –
              I looked at one of my ‘in progress’ Kickstarters that I’m a Backer for and it looks like that besides the ‘Ask the Creator’ link found under the Artist’ Bio, the only other direct message link is in the FAQ section. It’s the ‘Ask a question’ button to the right of the FAQs – See my screen shot below for reference.

FAQ-Ask-A-Question

This might be a better place to direct people and I believe could be more usable.
              On the main Campaign page, and as one of your FAQ items, you can outline how the ‘Choose Your Dragon’ claiming works and include the instructions to go to the FAQ section and click the ‘Ask A Question’ link to send a direct message for claiming the dragon(s) a Backer wants. These messages will go to the email address you have set up for the Kickstarter, I believe. And any responses from you goes directly back to the person and not to a ‘see all’ Comments section.

In fact – even the Comments section has a message area that directs people to the FAQ section if they want to ask the Creator a question. So this may be your best option all around.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-20-at-3.42.03-PM

And – also at the bottom of the Campaign page you have the same messaging and the FAQ page link that reads:
              “Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ”

I believe the FAQ page would be the way to go as long as you are okay with all the direct messages coming to your email. Unless you set up a new email address specifically for this or any future Windstone Kickstarters… GOOD LUCK! ^_^

I know for a fact that the ‘Ask A Question’ button on the FAQ page is ONLY between the sender and the Artist – No one else.
              I’ve used this feature many times on the previous eight Kickstarters I’ve backed from other creators. Once you send a question and get a reply, it comes to you as an email directly from Kickstarter.

The only page where you see everyone else’s comments is on the open ‘Comments’ page.

OK – Here’s some additional information about the ‘Ask A Question’ button, and probably where Melody remembers seeing the ‘Messages’ section…

The ‘Ask A Question’ button will submit a direct message to the Creator and this message chain is ONLY between the Backer sending it and the Creator – No one else can view these messages so you don’t need to worry about any other Backer viewing what you sent.

These direct (private) messages are located within your Account section – after logging into your account, click your icon in the upper right to expand your Account window and you can then click on the Messages section. If a message has been sent to you Kickstarter will also send you an email, so you don’t need to constantly go in here to see if there is a message. You will be alerted by the KS email to you.

1_Accessing-Account-1

Clicking on the Messages link will open your ‘Messages’ screen where you will see all the past/present Kickstarters you have pledged, where you either used the ‘Ask A Question’ feature or received a direct message from the Creator. Simply select the appropriate Kickstarter ‘Message’ box you want to view. As an example, you see that I’ve backed quite a few Kickstarters. I’ll select ‘The Veligent’ Kickstarter Message box to view my direct/private messages to/from Melody:

2_KS-Messages_in-your-Account-1

THIS is what the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages screen will look like. Notice that the messages are only between me and Melody – no one else can view these because they are private and in my account only. The messages continue on the screen, so you need to scroll down if you have many, and at the end of the string you have the option to send another reply.
              But most importantly, they are all here and you can view them all, and also see when you sent a message and when you received a reply because the messages are date stamped and in order of receipt.

This would be how Melody could know who claimed a dragon first – look at the date stamp on the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages and also in which order the messages are received. She should get all of her messages from all of us on the same Message string, and they probably would post in order of date stamp and in order of receipt into Melody’s message stream as well.

3_Messages-Page-Example-1

4_Can-Reply-easily-1

LZ
              Participant

I have picked out 7 color combos.I think I will be very happy with what I get.😊

You know,I love all the bright colors but I watched the videos just now and I have to say,I am drawn to the Sand one.I think I will have to get one and hope it is a bit darker shaded like the back wings.I really love the back view coloring.Tough choices to make that’s for sure.

Sand was done before on curlies and fledgies. There are still photos in the store for them. I can take some picks of my sand curlie when I get home. If someone has the fledgie, maybe they could post some nice pics of it.

Looking for...

Bodine
                Participant

I used to have a curlie but didn’t appeal to me like on the Bantam.Fledgie neither.Maybe it is just one of those colorings that look better on the larger ones.I have found this to be true in the opposite spectrum too.Some look better on the smaller pieces.

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I have the fledge in Sand. I really like the sand color.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

LZ
                    Participant

I used to have a curlie but didn’t appeal to me like on the Bantam.Fledgie neither.Maybe it is just one of those colorings that look better on the larger ones.I have found this to be true in the opposite spectrum too.Some look better on the smaller pieces.

The bantam is even smaller than the fledgie, according to the comparison picture.

Looking for...

whisker hunter west
                      Participant

Whichever message option(s) you choose for claiming choices, I think as long as you explain it clearly, people can figure it out.

Have it ready to put into the FAQ. Put a note in the “Choose Your Dragon Adventure” tier description a la “See the FAQ for how to submit your claim”. Re-iterate the “See the FAQ” in the Add-ons section. (You might encourage them to contact you to say which of the “normal” tiers they wanted too, so you have a clear count of how many Stone / Sand / Albino dragons are going to be needed.) Whenever anyone makes a public comment “How do I claim a specific dragon?”, you have a ready answer – “Please see the FAQ for the instructions, the full details are written up there.”

As for colors – I’ve already got a short list of favorites from the preview batch: #14, #28, and #22, though I’d like to know exactly what eye color they have (hoping it’s the light blue of BVP & EmPea). And #25 is as an honorable mention, though he looks a little more “autumn russet” than the “warm pink” that would blend with my Rainbow dragons. So Melody, I think you already have me covered! =D

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

Bodine
                        Participant

I would love an Autumn Russet one.#2pick.
                          Yep,you’re right,I see the Bantams are smaller but he wears it well I think.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Whisker hunter west said: “Put a note in the “Choose Your Dragon Adventure” tier description a la “See the FAQ for how to submit your claim”. Re-iterate the “See the FAQ” in the Add-ons section. (You might encourage them to contact you to say which of the “normal” tiers they wanted too, so you have a clear count of how many Stone / Sand / Albino dragons are going to be needed.)”

I also agree that sending a message indicating if you might also want one of the Exclusive dragons or another potential ‘Add-on’ item would be a great idea. The two dragons currently noted as Exclusive Kickstarter dragons are the ‘Sand’ Dragon and the ‘Albino with Pink Eyes’ Dragon – the Blue eyed Albino wasn’t specified as being an exclusive Kickstarter Dragon. In fact I believe that Melody also mentions that the specific reason why the Albino with Pink eyes dragon was going to be exclusive to the Kickstarter was because there was a LIMITED number of the Rose colored Swarovski Jewels available for it.

What is the specific number of Rose jewels available for the Pink eyed Albino Dragon? Only 100 or perhaps 250? I assume that this will limit the number of the Albino with Pink eyes Dragons that can be sold/pledged as well. Even more so than the other Exclusive Kickstarter Sand Dragon.

It might be a better idea to inform Backers that IF they want one of the Exclusive Dragons that they should pledge that Reward Tier and then if they want one of the other dragons or the ‘Choose Your Dragon’ pieces, those can be the Add-On item(s). This may be especially important to do if a Backer wants one of the Exclusive Pink eyed Albino Dragons, since it may have a limited number due to the Rose jewel limitations. And if there will be a definite limit of the number of Pink eyed Albinos produced, I wouldn’t allow the Exclusive Pink eyed Albino Dragon as an Add-on at all. You may also want to post a Backer limit for the Albino with Pink eyes Reward Tier, so when backer pledges reach the limit for that Exclusive option, the Reward Tier will close. You don’t want to over-sell a Dragon if you cannot deliver. As an additional note on how limits on Reward Tiers work – if you do make the Pink eyed Albino Reward tier limited to a specific number and one of the Backers changes their pledge, the tier will become active again until another backer/pledge fills up the limit again.

whisker hunter west
                            Participant

Ela_Hara has a very good point – if you only have enough materials to make [n] dragons in the Pink-eyed Albino coloring, and it is a hard cut-off, then the Pink Albino tier should be limited to [n] pledges. Or [n – (usual shipping damage buffer)] pledges. Then the instructions for anyone wanting the Pink Albino are to pledge that tier and add-on any non-limited colors on top of that.

It sounded to me like the Sand was not a supply-limited color, just a planned exclusive special color? Unless Windstone wants to make the Sand a limited number run, like the Wind Wizards were. If there’s only one limited tier, then there should be no conflict for stacking add-ons.

You might just add a “Special Instructions” line to the Pink Albino description – something like “Because this coloration is limited due to the availability of certain supplies, please choose this tier and add on any other dragons on top of it.” And then include it in the FAQ. (Have I mentioned I recommend loading up the FAQ with all the detail? >.> )

FYI, if Windstone is trying to get a sense for interest – my plan is to get 2 dragons: Sand and one Choose Your Own.

whisker hunter west
                              Participant

I remembered something I wanted to ask! Can we get the Bantam sketch?
                                BantamDragonSketch

Would it be possible to include a small print of the Bantam dragon sketch as an add-on? It’s so cute, and I’d love to have a copy.

LZ
                                Participant

Good thing Kickstarter has the function to place a limit on tiers/how many people can sign up for a tier.

Looking for...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.