fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,224 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Heck Yeah!

I work at our local Courthouse so work for the government and its a very hectic, stressful and thankless job. I Got into work this morning and got called into the supervisor’s office, that’s usually not good but it turned out to be super good for me!

The President of one of the courier companies we deal with sent a letter to the Justice Minister ( and then it made its way down the chain to us) stating how wonderful his experience was and he actually named me as being the clerk who was the wonderful person he dealt with and commending my ‘positive attitude, patience and professionalism’ when dealing with people. 😀

Honestly I don’t remember who this would have been, we get hundreds of people through our counter each day. My supervisor said its pretty impressive to have a company write to the Minister for someone doing a good job (we’re much, much more familiar with people complaining that we’re not doing things for them) and she was super happy for me and has put it on my personnel file. :party:

Congratulations to you! That’s a really nice feather in the cap! XD

Good for you!It is a rare thing when people thank you for a job well done.It’s always nice to hear someone say so.You usually hear complaints,they are a dime a dozen and readily roll off people’s lips.I think people just don’t realize how day after day dealing with the public is hard.I have cleaned hotel rooms and THAT is another thankless job believe me.Your room is spotless,never hear a word but goodness,forget a sugar pack or something so silly as that and they manage to complain to the boss.The bosses rarely compliment their employees.They work you to the bone and expect you to like it everyday.To all of us that know this feeling,you are appreciated for everything you do,EVERYDAY.Thank you!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

After uploading pictures of my trip in March, I corrupted my website file – I had completely forgotten to resize them.

Well, today, I finished fixing it! Woot! My website is up and running properly again.

So now, the next step is to upload pics of said trip without breaking the site…

…..and then…..

Bodine
        Participant

My Heck Yeah this month is…I’M MOVING!!!!!!!!! We are going to have a tough time with the work needing to be done on the house but yesterday we cleaned the yard,put up a new fence for my furries to be safe,U-Haul time Friday and out of here Saturday!YAY!!! 8)

etruscan
          Participant

My Heck Yeah this month is…I’M MOVING!!!!!!!!! We are going to have a tough time with the work needing to be done on the house but yesterday we cleaned the yard,put up a new fence for my furries to be safe,U-Haul time Friday and out of here Saturday!YAY!!! 8)

Congratulations, and sympathies too. That is a long process! Are you changing states or making a more local move?

Kim
            Blocked

That’s great Bodine! Moves can be exciting! I have to move out of my rental in a couple months and am not sure where I’m going yet but it could maybe be a different city. Sometimes it’s nice to go somewhere new and have a change of pace and scenery.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
              Participant

Finally!!!! Woot!

And I’m sorry for not uploading those pics… It is on the to-do list, promise!

A heck yeah of my own:

Internet’s back! Oh, how we’ve missed you… grumble-grumble Bell… but they fixed it today, on holiday Monday too 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

a heck ya? The blessing of electricity and air conditioning. Thanks you Northern lights! -so blessed-

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

I know this isn’t much of a “heck yeah”, but in these past few months, which have been pretty horrendous, I’ll take it. So I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy (which was amazing, by the way, I certainly recommend it) and after getting out, I saw that there was a ticket on the floor for the next showing of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The people around me I asked didn’t claim the ticket so I went to a double showing, and got to see two movies I highly enjoyed. 🙂

Finding happiness again.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

LOL! As of today I am the 5th person in the REGION for sales at Lowes. I’m not even in a very high volume store. I wonder if Home Depot realizes they basically just lost $122K in revenue this month for my meesley $1800 salary I would have been paid.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                    Blocked

That’s great Drag0n! You should rub that in Home Depot’s face!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Celestial Rainstorm
                      Participant

I agree most certainly with Kim, Drag0n. That’s a hell of an achievement.

Finding happiness again.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Woot! Congrats!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

I don’t get anything except a wee litle pat on the back so yea, I already sorta rubbed it in Home Depot’s face on facebook. LOL! ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Celestial Rainstorm
                            Participant

Well, I give you a million virtual pats on the back, Drag0n…..er, I hope it doesn’t leave bruises.

Finding happiness again.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

LOL! Thanks ^_^ I asked my boss if this constitutes a raise and he laughed. -_- I was not amused.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,224 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.