fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,224 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Congratulations! 🙂

phantomess
      Participant

Got promoted at work! I’m now one of 3 shift leaders, and I’ll get a pay raise with it. :bigsmile:

I know I’ve said this before somewhere in this thread, but: leaving my last job almost a year ago for this one was the best thing I’ve ever done! So much happier here.

And for the heck of it, I’ll include a picture of me at my job. (I work with dogs.)

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kim
        Blocked

That’s great! It’s so important to spend your time doing something you love because you can’t get that time back once it’s spent! I like working with animals too! I do some pet sitting which is fun!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
          Participant

Woohoo, congrats! And I hear ya about being happy where you work…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pegasi1978
            Participant

We have a working fan in the bedroom again!

The old one died this winter or spring. We reported it to maintenance, but they never did anything about it. I got some cash for my birthday, so I told my husband I wanted to see if we could find a replacement. Our options were limited…due to ceiling height we HAD to have flush mount…but we found one we liked (that even left me with a little money). We had to wait until today, but we got the old one down and the new one up. It makes things so much cooler in the bedroom. I can’t wait to go to sleep tonight.

fatalbeauty
              Participant

happened about a week ago but I forgot about this thread until it got bumped….anyhoo, I’ve finally been given the all clear after 11 months of healing from my surgery….

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
                Blocked

Yey, congrats on healing!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

pipsxlch
                  Participant

I might be getting my CDL, I’d be hired right away and put through school on their dime so have to go through pre-employment checks first (don’t see why there’d be issues there) whoohoo! no more retail and trying to survive on maybe $100/wk and I love driving and going long distance but kind of nervous making too

etruscan
                    Participant

I might be getting my CDL, I’d be hired right away and put through school on their dime so have to go through pre-employment checks first (don’t see why there’d be issues there) whoohoo! no more retail and trying to survive on maybe $100/wk and I love driving and going long distance but kind of nervous making too

Congratulations, and good luck! It sounds like a good fit for you. 🙂

Bodine
                      Participant

This isn’t much to brag on but I’m happy.I just won a Windstone Gargoyle card holder for only $15.00.&free shipping.Yay!! I have wanted one for a while now and patience got me a deal. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

This isn’t much to brag on but I’m happy.I just won a Windstone Gargoyle card holder for only $15.00.&free shipping.Yay!! I have wanted one for a while now and patience got me a deal. :bigsmile:

That’s awesome 🙂

dragonmedley
                          Participant

After uploading pictures of my trip in March, I corrupted my website file – I had completely forgotten to resize them.

Well, today, I finished fixing it! Woot! My website is up and running properly again.

So now, the next step is to upload pics of said trip without breaking the site…

Elena
                            Participant

Heck Yeah!

I work at our local Courthouse so work for the government and its a very hectic, stressful and thankless job. I Got into work this morning and got called into the supervisor’s office, that’s usually not good but it turned out to be super good for me!

The President of one of the courier companies we deal with sent a letter to the Justice Minister ( and then it made its way down the chain to us) stating how wonderful his experience was and he actually named me as being the clerk who was the wonderful person he dealt with and commending my ‘positive attitude, patience and professionalism’ when dealing with people. 😀

Honestly I don’t remember who this would have been, we get hundreds of people through our counter each day. My supervisor said its pretty impressive to have a company write to the Minister for someone doing a good job (we’re much, much more familiar with people complaining that we’re not doing things for them) and she was super happy for me and has put it on my personnel file. :party:

Prezaurian
                              Participant

Heck Yeah!

I work at our local Courthouse so work for the government and its a very hectic, stressful and thankless job. I Got into work this morning and got called into the supervisor’s office, that’s usually not good but it turned out to be super good for me!

The President of one of the courier companies we deal with sent a letter to the Justice Minister ( and then it made its way down the chain to us) stating how wonderful his experience was and he actually named me as being the clerk who was the wonderful person he dealt with and commending my ‘positive attitude, patience and professionalism’ when dealing with people. 😀

Honestly I don’t remember who this would have been, we get hundreds of people through our counter each day. My supervisor said its pretty impressive to have a company write to the Minister for someone doing a good job (we’re much, much more familiar with people complaining that we’re not doing things for them) and she was super happy for me and has put it on my personnel file. :party:

Congratulations to you! That’s a really nice feather in the cap! XD

Bodine
                                Participant

That’s awesome 🙂

…an update on this.I actually got it for $6.67.They had sent me the wrong item,I immediately told them and sent it back.She refunded me all of my money back because of her mistake and my kindness without me even having the time to say it was okay.So I really did get an awesome deal,did a good thing,made the buyer of that item very happy because it was personal to them.Good deal!!THEN…I won a small wizard and frog in a combined auction for only $20.When it arrived the dragon’s head was knocked off.I wrote and told them,asked if they had the missing pieces,they didn’t,so they just refunded me my money back,got them for free!!This was all last month before my life started fslling apart.I can’t help but wonder…..So,I figure Karma will back around for us in spades.Let’s hope it’s the good kind.I feel like I am on one of the crazy roller coasters they build today and the operator won’t let me off. 😐

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,224 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.