fbpx

So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Isn’t it Windstone usually jumping through hoops for us? I definitely think so after the last Kickstarter as they went out of their way to try and make everyone happy. Some people had hiccups but I think in the end everyone got pieces they loved. Melody even painted more in colours people wanted when they had run out of some. She listened to suggestions of styles and colours, let people email about ones they wanted if they weren’t able to get on the Livestream and they kept painting minis for weeks when people wanted more. I think the dragons will be a lot easier to manage because of just picking colours, as there are less patterns and styles and sizes to choose from.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Scathach
      Participant

A name for them was never chosen. Melody was still asking for names recently on Facebook. She and some people only referred to them as hoarder dragons when they couldn’t think of a better name back then. Some people liked the name and some didn’t so there’s still been talk up til now about what to name them.

I’m one of those who still calls them “Hoarder”.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
        Participant

I wonder if they organized the KS dragons by colour or type, it would reduce the amount of people talking over top of each other because if you didnt want “cool” dragons, you could just sit back and watch. If you wanted “warmer” clours, you wait for those to be shown on the wheel. Categories could be cool, warm, radioactive, earth tones, and black base (just as examples) I know i would only tune into warm and radioactive. Just a thought 🤷🏼‍♀️

I like that thought.
          Maybe even split into Radioactive, pearl, pastel, or other such?

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
          Participant

I agree with Angelika-Zen about doing batches – it may be easier. I like ‘warm’ dragons but really dislike ‘pastels’, etc.

And perhaps the way Ms. Susie was selling the Mini-Beans post-Kickstarter would be a good way to handle choosing dragons. A photo of the sculpts on a grid marked in Alphabet + Numbers to indicate position could be posted. Then Backers can email their first through third/fourth/fifth choices. First email claiming a grid Alpha/Number gets that sculpt. When enough are claimed, another photo can be taken or simply keep the photo grids smaller to be more manageable depending upon ‘Batch’ types and quantities. Photo grids examples could be something such as Radioactive batch #1 (36 dragons) in a 6×6 grid (A1-A6, B1-B6, C1-C6, etc. BY F1-F6); Radioactive Batch #2 (next 36 dragons) in a 6×6 grid (G1-G6, H1-H6, I1-I6, etc. BY L1-L6); and so on, doing the same for a ‘Cool’ batch, ‘Warm’ batch, ‘Earth-tone’ batch, ‘Pastel’ batch… etc.

Backers can submit and potentially ‘claim’ their choices by indicating the batch and grid number on an email received, first come, first claimed basis. Again, I believe this worked well for the left over Mini-Beans and left over Adult Poads, and was fair for all in my opinion. Everyone could access the photos and everyone could email their choices. I didn’t receive my first or second or even third choices sometimes, but I did end up with Minis and Poads I liked.

I think the Livestreams are great to see previews, but on the last Kickstarter I was sometimes frustrated because I couldn’t join at the beginning or stay for the entire livestream and several items were already claimed by the time I could join for the last 45 minutes. Then when I was on, others kept getting ‘heard’ a lot more frequently within the chat and I feel that my chats were missed. On the later Livestreams emailing the form with choices was a good idea but the same issues were in play = 1.Not everyone can access the FB/Livestreams, 2.Of those that could access the FB/Livesteam, not all of us can view it from the beginning or stay on for the full 2+ hours, so by the time someone’s form was gotten to in the queue, that person may have needed to leave the Livestream.

Just my two cents …

I love the grid idea. I think it worked well with beans. Livestream was challenging to make choices and many people couldn’t access it.

I wonder if there’s a limit planned?

Also, I think that once we pick, there’s no swapping out. Make our choice and if we don’t like it after we get it home, trade on the classifieds. It’ll make things a lot easier for Susie.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
            Participant

So how many hoops must we jump thru.

None.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
              Participant

Maybe I missed the post, but what is the Kickstarter for?

Life is beautiful.

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

Just check out page 11 of this thread 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Scathach
                  Participant

Just check out page 11 of this thread 🙂

Thanks. I thought the ks might have been for “Rue Day” with the dragons as rewards.

Life is beautiful.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I believe keeping the piece(s) you select/claim during the KS time frame, and not swapping during the Kickstarter is also a really good idea. Trading after the fact if you don’t like your selection would be best. This shouldn’t be a hassle for Melody and Co. Also less of a chance for mix-ups and lost or misplaced Backer rewards.

Remember – Most Kickstarters involve mass production of one or more locked-in designs/colors that you choose from, along with every other backer. Nowhere else have I seen what Melody and Co. does – paint OOAK Unique items (every single one of them!) AND then let us choose those we would like! Granted, you may not receive your first, second, or even your third choice, BUT you will get a piece(s) that YOU selected and not a mass produced item that many other Backers chose/got. The real kicker is that Melody DOES take suggestions from us and DOES try to make All of Us Crazies happy, no matter what…. That’s the *Magic* of Melody and Windstone.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

I was thinking this KS was for the mass production of the new dragon sculpt, but I never thought of the new dragon as just the reward for something else, like another book…which is it?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bullsquid
                        Participant

I will echo what Whisker Hunter West said about Backer Kit being a useful tool that works with Kickstarter after the funding period ends. It basically allows the KS maker to create a store page where people can specify all the rewards they want by adding them to their pledge/order. I saw it used in an action figure KS that had around 60 rewards to choose from, and it kept everything organized like a store order. I’m not sure how to make that work with OOAK pieces, but for reward categories like “pastels” and “earth tones”, it would work great.

LZ
                          Participant

It would be interesting if one of the reward tiers was for a Kickstarter-exclusive color scheme that will not be available any other way. So if people were anxious about getting to pick a certain color, they could be assured of getting this color… Well, if they liked it. Maybe similar to the twilight gemstone eBay series, but a little different, white instead of black?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

I really like your idea, LZ!!

etruscan
                              Participant

I was thinking this KS was for the mass production of the new dragon sculpt, but I never thought of the new dragon as just the reward for something else, like another book…which is it?

Production of the new dragon sculpt.

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

Thanks for clarifying that Etruscan 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.