fbpx

So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

I certainly don’t envy you Melody, you’ve got a lot on your hands!

But I’m sure it’s all worth it, especially as you can bring in new Windstone converts, I try to bring up my Windstones in my other groups to spread the word, but I’d bet Kickstarters are going to be what reaches the broader audiences.

If you ever do a Kirin or unicorn/Pegasus kickstarter I’ll be jumping in the KS fray with everyone!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Courtney
      Participant

Melody –

I’m fairly certain you can post Updates on your Kickstarter as often as you need.

You should be able to put an Updated photo that shows which dragons have been claimed and which dragons are available.

Or if the dragons have individual numbers you can use the Updates to list which numbers are claimed and which are still available.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Courtney
        Participant

Should be able to do this daily or even multiple times a day I believe.

The update will show up on your Kickstarter as Update #1, Update 2 and so on. People can look back through the updates. It’s a good way to keep record of the Kickstarter’s progress too.

pipsxlch
          Participant

I’m one of those that had issues- I was able to see part of the 1st live feed on Kickstarter, but it would’nt let me in at all on the second. And I never was able to comment or claim. But I was still able to get beans that made me happy, thanks Susie for all your work with the email selections! That did work well for me, even though yeah I didn’t get all my 1st choices. Tough noogies. Not Windstone’s problem.

Since Melody sounds like she’ll bend over backwards for us this next time, I’m very relieved even though I may still not be able to view or claim/comment. Or maybe I can get a phone buddy for the selection that could place my claim for me.

I had no problem receiving notifications from Kickstarter. (it did make me make a whole new donation with a different email when I wanted to add to my reward :p)

I really like many of Ela_Hara’s ideas. Breaking it up into batches makes it easier- for us, anyhow.

Now to dream of an earthy green and brown dragon with orange, red, or yellow eyes… lol

Melody
            Keymaster

A problem I anticipate is people wanting to switch dragons after they have claimed one. I’m not sure how to deal with that possibility.

Melody
              Keymaster

I have the first batch of class pics already photo’d and numbered, so I can’t sort them into color groups, but I can attempt that with future ones I paint during the Kickstarter, or if I paint more now.
                Setting up a Kickstarter is so frustrating… I’d rather be painting anyway!

BigCatKeeper
                Participant

I have the first batch of class pics already photo’d and numbered, so I can’t sort them into color groups, but I can attempt that with future ones I paint during the Kickstarter, or if I paint more now.
                  Setting up a Kickstarter is so frustrating… I’d rather be painting anyway!

Maybe there is an eligible victim- I mean assistant or volunteer to handle the KS setup while you paint! Let them deal with the headache for you.

LZ
                  Participant

A problem I anticipate is people wanting to switch dragons after they have claimed one. I’m not sure how to deal with that possibility.

No switching. That’s all. People should be mature enough to live with their decisions.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

whisker hunter west
                    Participant

For the Hoarder / Bantam dragon kickstarter, I know Girl Genius (webcomic / comic books) often uses Backer Kit to help the fulfillment part of their Kickstarters. I haven’t noticed any outfits who help set them up (undoubtedly for a fee), though I’m sure they’re out there.

(Also on the Squeaks thread) I’ll squeak for cool blue-greens and a batch of Prismatic Spring dragons! I really hope to pick up one to fit in my mixed Rainbow / Emerald Peacock / Black Violet Peacock family. And my little-dragons Prismatic Spring clan would love another member!

I still think it would be neat if the dragon name echoed the general “royal” theme that sort of exists already. I think Page and Squire and Seer and Prince have been shot down already. Others that came to mind are / a quick search: Baron, Baronet, Marquis / Marquess, Earl, Duke / Duchess, Bishop, Esquire, or Herald.

In random things I didn’t know, apparently “Junker” is a German noble honorific, meaning “young nobleman” or otherwise “young lord”. Huh. I’m not sure most people would hear “Junker dragon” and think a noble guardian of treasure, though!

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

etruscan
                      Participant

Another possible sequence would be “Keepers”. We already have the Secret Keeper and the Mini Keeper. This guy could be the Treasure Keeper. (Someone may have suggested this already. If so, sorry I don’t remember who it was so I can’t credit you.)

Courtney
                        Participant

Oh I like Treasure Keeper.

Kim
                          Blocked

Treasure keeper or Jewel keeper or something would be cute. Melody is the kickstarter just for dragons or anything else? Also any idea how far off the kickstarter would be from launching? If you already have the dragons would it take a while to set up the kickstarter? Would it maybe be next month or in a couple months or more? I need to recover from the ponycorns!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

So how many hoops must we jump thru.

Get your skipping rope out, Michael 😉 This is a community of collectors who will do double scotch on one hand to get something they love lol!!! It is going to be stressful, it is going to be complete and utter chaos (maybe…probably), but it’s going to be a blast!!! Don’t go in thinking you’ll get your #1 pick (you might, or not), but I can say with confidence that you’ll get something you absolutely love, knowing you can hand pick your dragon!! Personally, I dont care “how many hoops I have to jump thru” as long as things run smooth(ish) for Melody and her crew! Sure, its about adding something special to your collection, but this is really about the company, and supporting them best our wallets can handle! Have fun with the madness! To quote one of my favourite fictional characters: “we’re all mad here”

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
                              Participant

How about, don’t let them. All the trading can be done after here.Just a thought.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

No switching. That’s all. People should be mature enough to live with their decisions.

This!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.