So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

question that just popped into my head, will there be a smaller item available like the beanpoads with this Kickstarter?

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
      Participant

question that just popped into my head, will there be a smaller item available like the beanpoads with this Kickstarter?

Melody seems to be thinking about enamel pins. There’s a thread about it under “Community”.

fatalbeauty
        Participant

Melody seems to be thinking about enamel pins. There’s a thread about it under “Community”.

oh right right right! slipped my mind!

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

pipsxlch
          Participant

If I remember right they were also trying to figure out a way to let people select the dragon they want, or choices they’d prefer. I think a method other than the live feed used in the last Kickstarter was being looked for, since many people were unable to access the feeds and/or respond on them.

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

I wonder if they organized the KS dragons by colour or type, it would reduce the amount of people talking over top of each other because if you didnt want “cool” dragons, you could just sit back and watch. If you wanted “warmer” clours, you wait for those to be shown on the wheel. Categories could be cool, warm, radioactive, earth tones, and black base (just as examples) I know i would only tune into warm and radioactive. Just a thought 🤷🏼‍♀️

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I agree with Angelika-Zen about doing batches – it may be easier. I like ‘warm’ dragons but really dislike ‘pastels’, etc.

And perhaps the way Ms. Susie was selling the Mini-Beans post-Kickstarter would be a good way to handle choosing dragons. A photo of the sculpts on a grid marked in Alphabet + Numbers to indicate position could be posted. Then Backers can email their first through third/fourth/fifth choices. First email claiming a grid Alpha/Number gets that sculpt. When enough are claimed, another photo can be taken or simply keep the photo grids smaller to be more manageable depending upon ‘Batch’ types and quantities. Photo grids examples could be something such as Radioactive batch #1 (36 dragons) in a 6×6 grid (A1-A6, B1-B6, C1-C6, etc. BY F1-F6); Radioactive Batch #2 (next 36 dragons) in a 6×6 grid (G1-G6, H1-H6, I1-I6, etc. BY L1-L6); and so on, doing the same for a ‘Cool’ batch, ‘Warm’ batch, ‘Earth-tone’ batch, ‘Pastel’ batch… etc.

Backers can submit and potentially ‘claim’ their choices by indicating the batch and grid number on an email received, first come, first claimed basis. Again, I believe this worked well for the left over Mini-Beans and left over Adult Poads, and was fair for all in my opinion. Everyone could access the photos and everyone could email their choices. I didn’t receive my first or second or even third choices sometimes, but I did end up with Minis and Poads I liked.

I think the Livestreams are great to see previews, but on the last Kickstarter I was sometimes frustrated because I couldn’t join at the beginning or stay for the entire livestream and several items were already claimed by the time I could join for the last 45 minutes. Then when I was on, others kept getting ‘heard’ a lot more frequently within the chat and I feel that my chats were missed. On the later Livestreams emailing the form with choices was a good idea but the same issues were in play = 1.Not everyone can access the FB/Livestreams, 2.Of those that could access the FB/Livesteam, not all of us can view it from the beginning or stay on for the full 2+ hours, so by the time someone’s form was gotten to in the queue, that person may have needed to leave the Livestream.

Just my two cents …

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Zeppard Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
                Participant

I liked the way mini-beans were picked through email as well. The livestream picking is far too much work for the Windstone crew. That can’t have been really cost-effective.

I wonder if those online randomized number pickers could be used somehow to determine the order people get to pick their item, rather than “first come, first served.” FCFS depends on a person being online right at the time the email is sent out, like the rush for any grab bag.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

I agree with you guys about email picks…the only problem I see potentially surfacing is someone’s email ends up in their SPAM/JUNK folder…then the “first come, first served” is out the window for that person. I wonder if that happened with the Beans?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I would think a Livestream and posting the recording on the Kickstarter’s page as a ‘preview’ of the dragons, or any other sculpts could be done. And then a mention that the photo grids to be chosen from will be posted at a certain date/time on the Kickstarter page.

Remember – I believe that a Kickstarter Reward email will only be received by those who are actively pledging and backing the Kickstarter. A person viewing the KS page but not actively a Backer could see the photos perhaps, but would not be able to get one. And these won’t be available on the general Windstone Store-Forum for purchase.

Also, my guess would be that any Reward Tier Dragons/sculpts would not posted until near the END of the Kickstarter’s time frame to give Melody time to finish/photograph them. So – KS Backers will be able to Pledge to the Kickstarter and know they have a ‘spot’ for sculpts they are getting depending upon the Reward Tier pledged for. Only ‘Pledged’ Backers will be able to choose these and the Kickstarter site emails are pretty timely. Melody can send an email through the Kickstarter site when claiming is ‘open’ OR just wait until the Kickstarter has closed and in the Survey Form backers can write their requests at that time. If someone receives their Survey email, at the same time the other backers do, and waits several days to reply they take the chance that their first choices might not be available.

Another possibility is that the Backers for Kickstarters are numbered in the order that they pledge. Maybe use that as the order someone can choose their Reward sculpture, like the Early Birds for the Reward Tiers… Someone pledging early on Day One gets to choose before someone pledging on Day Ten, etc. Remember – you don’t pay until the KS hits it’s Goal and at the end of the campaign.

Addressing the SPAM/JUNK email issue – put the Kickstarter email on your email’s ‘white’ or ‘safe’ website list. Once that is done there shouldn’t be any problems.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Zeppard Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Anonymous

So how many hoops must we jump thru.

Natasha
                        Participant

So how many hoops must we jump thru.

None. No one is ever required to buy art – it’s a privilege. The Windstone staff bends over backward to help their collectors and deserve to be treated politely.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

None, of you don’t want to participate. All of them if you want to help Windstone. And I think the answer is Windstone doesn’t know yet. They are doing the best they can, and we should support them. There are several good ideas here. Listening to ideas may give them some ideas.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Courtney
                            Participant

I would jump through all the hoops for Melody 💜 Twice.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

I’m sure Melody learned a lot from the first Kickstarter and whatever degree of customizing pledges she is willing to do should be met with respect and acceptance to the process she ultimately puts in place, whatever hoops necessary

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
                                Keymaster

The tentative plan I have for allowing folks to choose dragons during the Kickstarter would be: I’ll post class pics with a number under each individual dragon. To claim an individual dragon, you’d need to claim the number using the “messages” feature on the Kickstarter itself.

A big problem we had with the last Kickstarter was that messages from people claiming poads™ were coming in from too many sources! It was difficult to sort out.

Everyone would still be welcome to email us about stuff like shipping, pics, etc, but officially claiming the actual dragons will be through Kickstarter messaging only.

I am also going to do live streams showing them.
                                  You can claim them LIVE during the live streams using the messages on Kickstarter.
                                  I wish I had some kind of interactive class pic. hmmm, maybe I can have a big pic of them that I can show the camera as they sell.
                                  Any ideas?

I would need to update the class pics on the Kickstarter page as the dragons sold… not sure how many times Kickstarter will let me change images. It is still a glitchy website and sometimes won’t update. Maybe I can do that once a day in the evening.

I also plan to be painting more dragons during the campaign to accommodate people’s requests for certain colors, so there’ll be less need to panic over getting a particular color.

There will be a few standard colors as rewards too. I am not going to offer any of our normal production colors, but I am including some nice, but uncommon ones like “Sand”, “Albino” and that Jade color if you would like. I can add more rewards during the campaign.

I’m sure this will end up being a chaotic mess, but that is kinda fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.