fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 803 total)
  • Author
    Bodancia
    Participant

Oh my goodness! Aren’t these pretty! Love the rainbow tiger and the pastel rainbow leopards!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Bright Rainbow Jaguar… *salivates* somebody pinch me! I need a Lisa Frank kitty in my life!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
        Participant

I just received an email about hatching royalty in the store now – Emerald Peacock and Black Gold hatching emperor, empress, and kinglet!

whisker hunter west
          Participant

I feel like I always get around to commenting at odd times in the chatter – I browse the forums for breaks at work, but never remember to log in once I’m home!

I like the “job” names like Squire and Seer for the new dragon, but he/she still seems a little small for a full job. Seer seems like it would be a contemporary of the Spectral dragons, and Squire is the protégé of a knight – a less battered Warrior, maybe. Since the new dragon is still small (even smaller than the Young) – what about Page or Apprentice? At least in the stories I’ve read, they started at ~10yrs old, which would “look” right for young but dedicated.

If kid-me saw those fantasy Big Cats, I would be BEGGING for them. I was definitely a Lisa Frank fan, I think I still have a colorful tin and a couple folders tucked away someplace. Adult me is hoping more for Cool batch young Orientals, though.

Re: OOAK painting versus production colors – I know I’m still new here, but I was under the impression that only Melody’s painting time is devoted to the grab bags? That would maximize the profit margin for the work she puts out, too, since OOAK hand-painted by the Windstone founding artist pulls the highest prices. I thought there was a whole team at Windstone that focuses on the production pieces (regular and limited), and only production pieces. And then Gina, who I think does some production and some exploration? From the behind-the-scenes pictures we’ve seen, it seems pretty obvious that they only release regular production batches once they’ve gotten a *lot* of them ready – probably because they have to have some for the online store and some for all the physical storefronts that carry Windstones. So even when they’re working on a batch, you won’t see it for ages because they need to get their numbers up. Expecting Melody to work on production pieces would probably not speed up regular production that much, while significantly decreasing the Windstone profit margin by reducing the number of “specials” they can offer.

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

If I remember correctly on a conversation it was mentioned that Windstone was a little short on staff that actually cast the pieces and clean them up for painting. Remember family owned companies don’t have big production staff to do high volume.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
              Participant

Posted on Melody’s deviantArt page, an instead-of-Rue-Day fantasy cougar …
                “I’m still working on page 60 of Rueday. In the mean time, here is a rainbow leopard cougar. This is one of a batch of fantasy color cougars I am painting as a July grab bag edition.”

etruscan
                Participant

I found this on Melody’s Facebook page, dated July 2. Apparently it was a live stream that lasted about two and a half hours:

Testing..1…2…3I'm going to test a live stream of painting cougar. Let me know if this works! I am a little slow with the painting proceess here becasue I am reading the chat while I work. It is relaxing.

Posted by Melody Pena on Tuesday, July 2, 2019

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Bwahahaha! That’s totally me on some things!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

StormDancer
                    Participant

Etruscan, thank you for posting that!

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

sherry10151982
                      Participant

Melody I’m in love with the king cheetah!! He’s beautiful and you did an amazing job!!

Bodine
                        Participant

I really fell in love with the blue/teal green one.That is truly beautiful.😍

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
                          Participant

Another cougar from Melody’s Facebook page (posted on July 5).
                            Melody says, “Branch tiger. His yellow paws aren’t really as bright as this photo makes them look, they are more of a golden yellow”

Melody
                            Keymaster

Thanks for posting this! I didn’t announce this live stream because I didn’t think it would work! This is the first time I’ve tried live streaming with facebook. It seemed to work well except people kept getting knocked off the feed it seemed… Maybe I’ll do it again.

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

it’s always fun to watch you paint more pretties….

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Starbreeze
                                Participant

Oh yes! Please do another one!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 803 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.