fbpx

Show Off Your Conga Lines!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Off Your Conga Lines!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Ms. Melody calls the Laps “she”. They are fairly large, although not as large as the Old Warrior. They are 9.5 inches long and shipping weight is 9 lbs.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Nightcrow
      Participant

Thanks, Zexious!

The thing that doesn’t show in those photos is that

1) my mantel large and deep enough for two humans to kneel on it; and

2) to take this picture I had to stand on the arm of the couch and hold the camera above my head, angled down on them!

They are a sufficiently large sculpt that it is difficult to find a place to set them all out at once.  A 2- to 3-month-old kitten could sit in the Lap posture and be about the same size, if you need a feline comparison.  🙂  (Though of course the proportions would be all wrong; a kitten’s head is huge compared to a Lap Dragon’s.  But in terms of ‘footprint’ they would be about the same.)  My cat, who isn’t particularly small, can walk around the perimeter I left behind them on the mantel.  In fact, that gap is there specifically for him, since the mantel is part of his “highway” around the room and if I didn’t leave a cat-safe perimeter I would soon hear him trying to walk through them!

It’s probably part of why I love them so much, I suspect – they’re not only detailed enough to be real live creatures, but their size suggests a real, ‘pet’-size animal as well!  It’s the closest thing to having live dragons you can get.  😀

(Another possibly-useful comparison: the tops of their heads/wings come about as high as a Breyer Rox Dene at the withers.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
        Participant

Mothers, Mothers

Old Brown,Old Green,Peacock,Toasted Pearl,Ruby,& Emerald/Peacock

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
          Participant

Keeper conga!

Nightcrow
            Participant

Tiny but cute!  🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

I have always loved this thread! You guys have such great congas!

Some forum members may recognize a lot of these from a while back!  But I decided to get some updated photos of my little congas 🙂 A couple pieces may show up in the classifieds in the near future, so I thought I’d get some photos of em before the collection starts switching around a bit!

First up are my uni babies! – It’s odd to post so few of them, as once upon a time ago I had 15! The little color-shift GB (Named “Charming”) was my first ever Windstone! and one of the very few original pieces released in color shift (When it was the super expensive auto paint)… and the Okapi Ebay baby was a gift that I cherish so very much <3

Next up are my wolves – I have two photos because they’re technically mine, but the two in their own photo were gifts I gave to my mom that she LOVED and I have the fondest memories of how she got them. – I have since inherited them back, but don’t have the heart to move them from the curio cabinet she kept them in just yet, so that is where they stay. This photo is from when I originally gave them to her (or at least when she finally had the pair) – All 8 wolves are from the original GB Wolf batch and some of my favorite pieces in my collection! (It’s one of my favorite sculpts!)

And here are my red foxes! I only have the one sitting fox (I really hope to remedy that soon!) so I figured he could join in with my laying ones since he’s a red fox still, hehe 🙂 He looks so proud sitting there! lol. This photo reminds me less of a conga and more like a cliche family photo haha!

Nightcrow
                Participant

Kaytana, what pretty congas!  All the wolves look awesome together – what a nice pack!  And the foxes look like a family outing, with Big Brother trying to keep his younger sibs in line (literally).  🙂

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Is that little smirk big brother has saying “Look! They’re holding still!” Haha.

And thank you! 🙂

Stephanie
                    Participant

Off topic and much later than the original post, but I love your standing koi kirin that’s photobombing the curlies!  XD

Stephanie
                      Participant

Most of my Windstones have been packed away for a few years, due to having a baby and then having family living with us in our spare room/my office for a while.  Today I decided to get my baby unis out for a picture!  And of course, the minute I put them all away and sat down to post the photo I realized I had forgotten one.  Sorry, Tango!  He’s a buckskin from one of the first batches of grab bag unis, and now I’m wondering where I put his box!

Here are the rest of them!  Left to right, Bisbee (notice the bee on his butt!), Nightbloom (I yearned for this piece for years and was able to get him from a very kind person in a trade!), Stained Glass (one of my ultimate grail pieces that I will always have – once there was a fire near our home and this is the one Windstone I grabbed.  I’ll always be grateful to the massive multi-person trade that allowed me to get him), Vivaldi, Willow, and Quagga.  The one in back is a white production uni that I’ll probably sell or trade at some point.  He came as part of a set of white unis that I got on eBay for a good deal.  I still have the mother and male.

Kim
                        Blocked

Very cute unis Stephanie!  The pink one is always adorable to see!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

LZ
                          Participant

OMG that lap army is amazing. Also vaguely threatening… all those smug looks facing in one direction.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Bodine
                            Participant

I would be shaking in my boots if I saw a line of dragons all turn their heads and look at me all at once.UH-OHHH😱 ….creeping slowly back into the shadows now….

merrillannwhite
                              Participant

The laps do seem to have a self satisfied expression don’t they?  Like a cat in your lap who knows she’s queen of the world.

Stephanie
                                Participant

Decided to take a conga line picture of my young poads this morning!  These are all older batches, and the ones on the ends are from the very first batch.  The red eyed one is Onion, if anyone remembers her.  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 520 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.