fbpx

Quest 11 – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 11 – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I am also wondering about a picture of me on a horse I had my friend take with my camera. I own the picture and camera so does that count? Also does a duck or goose count as a bird?

A duck or a goose is fine. 🙂 It doesn’t have to be any particular type of bird – just bird-esque. (Beak, wings, feathers – you’re probably good!)

I think for the sake of sanity it needs to be a photo you took. Honestly, I don’t want to track a ton of release forms or risk getting Windstone in trouble. Sorry guys 🙁

Johnoloosa
      Participant

Im almost done with all my photos! I took them all myself with my Iphone! Love that thing!!!!

Kiera
        Participant

I have a question: Is it acceptable to take a photograph of a piece of art (a painting) that I did not make, if I have the artist’s permission to do so and use it in this contest? Or does it have to be a painting made by me?

Kiya
          Participant

I have a question: Is it acceptable to take a photograph of a piece of art (a painting) that I did not make, if I have the artist’s permission to do so and use it in this contest? Or does it have to be a painting made by me?

Yes, it’s fine as long as you have the artist’s permission.

Erin
            Participant

Thank you! So, I have a question related to copyrights I guess. If I took a photo of a statue of a dragon which is a recognizable character, would that be some kind of violation?

Kiya
              Participant

Thank you! So, I have a question related to copyrights I guess. If I took a photo of a statue of a dragon which is a recognizable character, would that be some kind of violation?

If the statue is displayed in a public place, I don’t believe it’s a problem.

If it’s a privately owned statue I’d have to do a little research. I’m assuming since you say it’s a recognizable character that it’s a large enough artist/property it wouldn’t be easy for you to get permission to use it.

Kiya
                Participant

Oh, in case anyone is wondering about why is it okay to use a photo of a painting/statue if I have permission, but not to use someone else’s photo – here is basically why:

1.) The contest is about YOUR photos. If you have someone else take them, it’s not work you created and makes it a bit less fair. For example – if you found out that someone was having their pro-photographer friend take photos for them, how would you feel?

2.) When you submit a photo you took, you’re implying, by submission, that you have obtained any required releases for the items in the photo and _I_ don’t have to track it. However, if you submit someone else’s photo, _I_ (on behalf of Windstone) would need a copy of the release because I’m the one posting it. You grant me permission by submitting it, but anyone else would need to specifically give me their permission as it is not implied by the entry in that case.

Anyway, no one’s complained about this, but I figured I’d try to explain what the difference was. 🙂

Sirithiliel
                  Participant

All I have left is the avocado! Trying to figure out what to do with that one haha

Misty
                    Participant

I have had rain all week, so I haven’t even started yet O.o Though I have a few older pictures as a fallback on some of them lol.

SilverDragon
                      Participant

So, for example, when you say “horse” it doesn’t necessary have to be a standard horse right? We can think outside of the box….unicorn, Pegasus, etc, as long as it has features of a common “horse”. Correct? I saw someone was asking about birds lol!

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                        Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Kiya
                        Participant

So, for example, when you say “horse” it doesn’t necessary have to be a standard horse right? We can think outside of the box….unicorn, Pegasus, etc, as long as it has features of a common “horse”. Correct? I saw someone was asking about birds lol!

That’s a good question! Um, I hadn’t really thought of including unicorns or pegasi as I don’t think of them as horses really. But, a pink horse or a horse made out of a bush or a horse-shaped cloud would be fine.

Let me get a second opinion on the unicorn/pegasus thing and get back to you!

scenceable
                          Participant

That’s a good question! Um, I hadn’t really thought of including unicorns or pegasi as I don’t think of them as horses really. But, a pink horse or a horse made out of a bush or a horse-shaped cloud would be fine.

What about lizards or crocodiles for “dragon” or birds (I had chickens in mind) for dinosaur? Not sure if I’m going to go that route or not but figured I’d ask anyway.

SilverDragon
                            Participant

What about lizards or crocodiles for “dragon” or birds (I had chickens in mind) for dinosaur? Not sure if I’m going to go that route or not but figured I’d ask anyway.

Alright thank you!

And yeah Scenceable, I see that your thinking outside of the box too on these haha!

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                              Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

pony-up
                              Participant

I was wondering about crocodiles for the dinosaur photo since they are closely related.

CHeMnICORn
                                Participant

Awesome! This is gonna be fun, and I have most of them figured out already! The dinosaur one is proving the most difficult, but I suppose that’s what happens when you’re extinct. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.