fbpx

Quest 11 – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 11 – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Terms
      http://windstoneeditions.com/content/terms-and-conditions

And, the brief summary πŸ™‚

You may enter your photos any time between now (8:00 pm PT) and 5/29 at 11:00 am PT.

Your photos can NOT be of Windstones – the point is to find things that might have inspired Melody, not to take photos of your collections. πŸ™‚

Your photos should be under 2 MB each and formatted as .png or .jpg files.

Email the photos as an attachment to ayonah @ windstoneeditions.com (remove the spaces).

All emails must have the following subject line: Entrant’s Forum Name, Photo Scavenger Hunt Entry ( i.e. jdoe, Photo Scavenger Hunt Entry )

If photos are sent in more than one email, each email must contain the proper subject line with the following appended: Email x of y ( i.e. Email 1 of 4, Email 2 of 4, etc )

Starting on 6/1, your photos will be posted for voting on the forum. They will also be posted to Facebook and Pinterest for exposure, though no voting will take place in those locations.

You MUST be an active forum member to vote. Active involves posting, so please make sure if you lurk and want to vote that you have posted a few times as well.

The prize for this quest is an Emperor painted by Melody. (Color scheme to be revealed once she tells me it’s done!)

We’re anticipating the Random Draw prize will be a grab bag of some kind (poad, unicorn, wolf?), BUT it might change to another item with an equal retail value.

The Random Draw will take place among all non-winning entries (so if you don’t get top votes on your photo set, you still have another chance to win!)

I’m sure I forgot something, so please feel free to post questions to this thread.

Good luck!

Ayonah
      Participant

Welcome to Quest 11!

Many creatures in Reptangle and in Windstone resemble plants, animals, and other items from your world.

For this quest, we’re asking you to track down some of the items that Melody has used for inspiration and take their photos!

From today, 5/9 until 5/29, you’ll be on a photo scavenger hunt to find and “capture” the following (on film of course!):

1. Cat
        2. Dragon
        3. Gargoyle
        4. Frog
        5. Avocado
        6. Horse
        7. Bird
        8. Dog
        9. Dinosaur

The sets of photos will be posted on the forum from 6/1 – 6/8, as well as on the official Facebook page and on Pinterest, for other active forum members to vote on (voting will be on the forum only – the other places are just to help promote them).

You must be an active forum member to vote and a registered forum member to win.

You may send your entry in any time during the entry period. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully for rules on how to enter (my L’Eagle will also summarize them in this thread!)

Good luck!

Sirithiliel
        Participant

Oooh awesome! I already have some ideas for those that I’ll go to this weekend =D

Ann

Yay! This was my idea, am I still allowed to enter? I’m very excited to see what everyone comes up with! Do the photos have to be taken during the contest period, or can we use old photos?

phantomess
            Participant

This sounds like fun, and I’d love a chance to win an emperor by Melody (I don’t have any very unique Windstones yet!), so it looks like I’ll be entering my first quest! πŸ™‚

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kiya
              Participant

Yay! This was my idea, am I still allowed to enter? I’m very excited to see what everyone comes up with! Do the photos have to be taken during the contest period, or can we use old photos?

Yes, you’re still allowed to enter. πŸ™‚

The photos can be from any, as long as they were taken by you. If you have some you already took, that’s fine! πŸ™‚

Also – I knew this was one of the ideas I got when I asked for them – I just couldn’t remember who it came from and hadn’t looked yet!

Check your email πŸ™‚

Ahhh this is awesome! I am currently working on a citywide project to document abandoned buildings professionally and we have some CRAZY cool Gargoyles!!! I am so excited!

Ann

Thank you Kiya! πŸ™‚

I can’t wait to see all the interpretations of this project!

I am a crappy photographer and well I don’t have a cat or dog…no gargoyles kicking around town so I think I am in an unfortunate position!! I would really love to win an Emp by Melody but this one counts me out πŸ™

Ann

I am a crappy photographer and well I don’t have a cat or dog…no gargoyles kicking around town so I think I am in an unfortunate position!! I would really love to win an Emp by Melody but this one counts me out πŸ™

I don’t think you have to have a photo of a real dog or cat or gargoyle, just something that might have inspired Melody. Get creative!

Kiya
                    Participant

You don’t have to take a photo of a live cat or dog. You could take photos of a cat statue (as long as it’s not a Windstone) or a stuffed dog.

Photography skills are certainly a factor, but finding unusual objects that meet the requirements (maybe a rock shaped like a gargoyle?) is probably going to be just as important.

We’ve often gotten submissions from camera phones that did as well as ones from beefy cameras too. πŸ™‚

Unfortunately – we won’t likely offer a prize like an emperor unless the quest is a harder one (photo contests, video contests, etc). We try to match the reward to the effort required to enter. πŸ™‚

littleironhorse
                      Participant

Kiya,

Do we need to send pictures for all categories to enter?

Kiya
                        Participant

Kiya,

Do we need to send pictures for all categories to enter?

Yes. πŸ™‚

One entry = one each of all 9 photos

etruscan
                          Participant

Ayonah said items need to be captured “on film”. I assume he meant “by camera”?

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Ayonah said items need to be captured “on film”. I assume he meant “by camera”?

I took it as not to capture the actual cat or dragon…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.