fbpx

Quest 11 – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 11 – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

I just live in the back end of beyond, and it rains all the time! So some of the photos are harder to come by than others =)

Johnoloosa
      Participant

Just sent mine in! Hope they go thru fine? This was super fun!

phantomess
        Participant

No, 9 wasn’t way too many at all. Especially considering a pretty generous amount of time is given.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

CHeMnICORn
          Participant

Done and done! I’m not known to be a photographer, so fingers crossed!

Trava
            Participant

I’m done taking pictures! Now I just have to pick 9 of them to send… I took so many bird pictures…

Linda
              Participant

Sent mine in hope you got them OK.

Kiya
                Participant

Sent mine in hope you got them OK.

Please make sure you closely review the submission guidelines in the Ts and Cs.

Trava
                  Participant

Ummmmm…..

I’m not much of a photographer, and I just realized that all of the pictures I took are 3 MB. How do I make them 2 MB?

Kiya
                    Participant

Depends – you might need to resize them so they’re smaller (most cameras take HUGE photos, but you don’t need them to be especially large for them to look good on a website).

Without knowing your computer setup, it’s hard to give specific instructions unfortunately. 🙁

I am almost done with my pics, I am really pushin for good pics, ( I love taking pics, the amuature potographer in me. 🙂 ) but I am going to send my first batch tonight (like 4 or 6 of the 9)

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Does anybody think that a Date stamp on a photo would ruin the quality of the photo? I have some really cool older pictures, but they have the date stamps on them, and as far as i know i cant remove them.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

I have so many awesome bird pictures in my computer – I love photographing birds. It will be hard to choose just one!

I don’t have any avocado pictures though. I’m … not even sure what that is, other than a type of… fruit? Or is it a vegetable?

Guacamole. Avocados are in guacamole. And technically it is a fruit since A.) it has a pit, and B.) They grow on trees.

You can get one at walmart for about a dollar it think, maybe less?

Ok I sent my first email with most of my entries. I think it should be ok. Some of the photos are cropped, to remove unnecessary edge stuff (brands of objects in my kitchen, vehicles, signs ets) I hope that is ok.

*EDIT* oops sorry for so many posts in a row. Should of just used edit. my bad *

phantomess
                      Participant

How do I make them 2 MB?

I’ll try to give you some basic instructions… You most likely have Microsoft Paint, or a similar program, on your computer. (If not, you should be able to find a free, simple photo-editing program with an online search, which you can then install.)
                        Open the picture you want to re-size, in “My Pictures” or wherever it is. Right-click on the image, and go to “open with… Paint” (or with whatever). The picture will open up with that program. At the top in that program, there are options and you will probably need to click on the one that says “image” and see that drag-down menu. Choose “resize.” Choose a lower percentage; this will automatically resize it for you while keeping the picture’s proportions. After you reize, save the image (don’t save INSTEAD of the original, though), and then open up that image so you can check the size. Right click the image and click on “properties.” It will tell you the size, and if it says 2MB or less, you’re fine. If it lists the size in KB instead of MB, it is more than small enough. If you didn’t downsize it enough, do it again and just make the percentage smaller when resizing.
                        I hope that made sense and is helpful.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Trava
                        Participant

Thank you phantomess! That worked nicely.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.