fbpx

PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Sirithiliel
    Participant

Tohickon makes a lovely reddish brown. 🙂 If you are ordering from Windstone, you would have to pick either the light brown or light red… depending on which direction you want to go.

I was goIng to suggest Tohickonglasseyes stippled hazel color, but reddish brown is a better route probably. I like Tohickon’s eyes =) some lovely shades

bayoudragon
      Participant

Tried a search, but wasn’t coming up with anything useful–has anyone tried using gems on the Ki-Rin’s tail? That last curve on the display side closest to the hooves is just itching to be filled. Unfortunately, all I have on hand right now are the 3mm gems from the small dragons, and those are just a tad too big.

If anyone has smaller gems lying around & can try it, I’d appreciate it so I don’t order the wrong size! 🙂 And if anyone has other spots on the Ki-Rin they’ve filled, I’d love to see a pic.

And a followup question as I just opened etsy to look at the smaller gem sizes–does anyone use flat backs, for any of the sizes? Pros/cons/things to think about size-wise?

Jolie, I am a gem-o-holic and will put gems all over. LOL. I started putting 4 on the kirin. Two on the tail, two in the mane. Sorry, they are not the best pics. I had my Mom text me the photos (some of my Windstones are staying at her house while I renovate). They are size pp12 (about 2 mm).

Photobucket

ChristinaV
        Participant

Tohickon makes a lovely reddish brown. 🙂 If you are ordering from Windstone, you would have to pick either the light brown or light red… depending on which direction you want to go.

I was goIng to suggest Tohickonglasseyes stippled hazel color, but reddish brown is a better route probably. I like Tohickon’s eyes =) some lovely shades

Thanks, folks – I’ll take a look at them! 🙂

While no one is expected to leap tall buildings in a single
          bound, our aspiring heroes will be tested on their courage,
          integrity, self-sacrifice, compassion and resourcefulness -
          the stuff of all true superheroes.
          - Stan Lee

bayoudragon
          Participant

I want to give everyone a heads up that the reddish brown eyes from Tohickon vary quite a bit from the photo on their website. I just ordered some thinking I had ordered these before, but I think what I had was Van Dyke’s hazel eyes. The reddish brown eyes are almost dark brown… unless you take a picture of them with flash, then they look just like the ones on the website. >.<

Sirithiliel
            Participant

A head’s up on Tohickon…be sure to check your tracking information very carefully. The email receit i received for my order listed my proper address, but it was delivered to a town three hours away and now i can’t find out who has it…..so yea, just a word of warning……….lost myself $30 in eyes it appears…..it looks like they billed me at the right address, and then sent it to a different one…

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

A head’s up on Tohickon…be sure to check your tracking information very carefully. The email receit i received for my order listed my proper address, but it was delivered to a town three hours away and now i can’t find out who has it…..so yea, just a word of warning……….lost myself $30 in eyes it appears…..it looks like they billed me at the right address, and then sent it to a different one…

I’d contact Tohickon about that, if they screwed something up, or if the post office screwed that up, it should be on one of them, not on you (imo)

bayoudragon
                Participant

If your address is listed correctly, it’s probably the post office. :stare:

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

If your address is listed correctly, it’s probably the post office. :stare:

post office scares me! lol. That’s why I have everything insured…

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

What happened is that I moved last month. The email receipt I got had my new, correct address listed as shipping destination. But the address they gave UPS was my old one, three hours away and owned now by people I don’t know. =/ they have apologized, saying the correct address wasn’t given to the shipping department

Bullsquid
                      Participant

I have a question about glass eyes; has anyone tried using Tohickon reptile eyes in their PYOs? I can see that their flat-back reptile eyes are more hemispherical than the bird eyes, which makes me wonder if that would make them not fit in a Windstone PYO. Would a smaller size work, e.g. 10mm in a keeper?

If anyone has tried this, please let me know how it worked out. Tohickon has a pair of reptile slit-pupil eyes that would match a PYO keeper I have perfectly, but that’s useless to me if they won’t fit.

Sirithiliel
                        Participant

I haven’t tried reptile yet….the price tag associated for a pair has kept me from it. I did just place a order for some fish eyes on wire, I want to see how well they fit once the wire is clipped off.

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

I have a question about glass eyes; has anyone tried using Tohickon reptile eyes in their PYOs? I can see that their flat-back reptile eyes are more hemispherical than the bird eyes, which makes me wonder if that would make them not fit in a Windstone PYO. Would a smaller size work, e.g. 10mm in a keeper?

If anyone has tried this, please let me know how it worked out. Tohickon has a pair of reptile slit-pupil eyes that would match a PYO keeper I have perfectly, but that’s useless to me if they won’t fit.

I’ve wanted to make this work too, haven’t tried yet.. so if someone does try and finds a way to make it work, please let me know! cause I’ll go crazy for these eyes if it does work XD

Sirithiliel
                            Participant

Just wanted to share…these are the Spectacled Eider Eyes from Tohickon Studios. I got the ones on Wire instead of Flat Back, since they didn’t have sizes for phoenixes in flat back. I clipped off the wire, sanded the wire stub down, and they fit pretty well….except for the left [looking AT the statue face on] eye socket, which was a bit of a tight fit but I got it in there pretty well after some careful pushing

Wow…That style really does have a high profile! (half-round) The alligator colored ones are indeed gorgeous. I checked their sizing and they don’t even carry 11mms. :/

I can duplicate, or make a similar design to these if any person may be interested. I know my 11mm castings work on Keepers wonderfully. Let me play around with some designing over the off season, and by January…or even sooner I will have added a line of colors that will be very much like these…even in semi-metallic and Full metallic treatments.

I did an extensive image search online and found some really great references from actual reptiles such as American Alligators, Saltwater Crocodiles, Snakes, and Geckos! I used my trusty Tablet and digitally painted some designs. I did a test cast run, and have some really great semi-metallic results. I cast 1 pair each in the sizes 8mm for Young Dragons, and 11mm for the Keepers.

[IMG]http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq200/CozmicDreamer74/WildlifeSMChart-sm.jpg[/IMG]
                              if no-one can view this image link, maybe this one will work:
                              Wildlife Series-small

I haven’t listed them yet on Etsy, but will do so soon!

i just nixed a foo dog mom anyone have the eye size on her yet please ^_^

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 143 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.