fbpx

PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Sirithiliel
    Participant

Have a question on PYO eyes for a griffon. I am not happy with the color I choose, where would a good place be to get nice ones that don’t cost a lot? I tried that Tohickonglasseyes place and the order has not shipped yet, not been charged to me yet, and I get no response on my attempts to find out what is going on. The other two links listed on the first post of this thread do not work, at least for me. So does anyone know a good site other than tohickonglasseyes? Thanks!

littleironhorse
      Participant

Have a question on PYO eyes for a griffon. I am not happy with the color I choose, where would a good place be to get nice ones that don’t cost a lot? I tried that Tohickonglasseyes place and the order has not shipped yet, not been charged to me yet, and I get no response on my attempts to find out what is going on. The other two links listed on the first post of this thread do not work, at least for me. So does anyone know a good site other than tohickonglasseyes? Thanks!

I think that Windstone may be willing to exchange them for another color. Did you try asking Susie?

Sirithiliel
        Participant

I think that Windstone may be willing to exchange them for another color. Did you try asking Susie?

I haven’t no…I would be happy to exchange them…the light brown is darker than I hought it was an it is just not suitable for me. I’ll try that, thanks! Though I’m still curious of other eye sites for future knowledge =)

I haven’t no…I would be happy to exchange them…the light brown is darker than I hought it was an it is just not suitable for me. I’ll try that, thanks! Though I’m still curious of other eye sites for future knowledge =)

Definitely send Susie an email. She’s probably a bit swamped with the GBB’s for the next day or so, but they’ve been very accommodating of eye swaps.

bayoudragon
          Participant

Links are fixed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kaytana, I actually use 4mm (pp32) for both the small dragon and the griffon’s tail. There should be some wiggle room either way. Sorry I didn’t see your question sooner. I’ve been away for a while. >.<

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

It took Tohickon a week to process my order after I had made the order (without a word from them as to why) I’m sure it was so they could make the eyes, but I think they should give a heads up that there is a processing time, or if there is a heads up I missed it completely. I emailed them about the status of my order, it took them a day or so to get back to me, and got back to me after the order had shipped.

Now that I’m aware of what the process is, I will order from them again, the eyes are very pretty

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

Links are fixed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kaytana, I actually use 4mm (pp32) for both the small dragon and the griffon’s tail. There should be some wiggle room either way. Sorry I didn’t see your question sooner. I’ve been away for a while. >.<

Thank you! I bought 5.25 for my commission dragon, and I got 4mm in another color… I’ve tried the 5.25 ‘n it looks pretty good, I should get the 4 out and try it just to see what it looks like fit wise…

Sirithiliel
                Participant

I did get my order, almost two weeks after. They responded to my email a few days after I posted here. They had to make the eyes, and they took half of the shipping price off for the extreme delay. So I can’t complain and will order again sometime =) the eyes really are very pretty

I did get my order, almost two weeks after. They responded to my email a few days after I posted here. They had to make the eyes, and they took half of the shipping price off for the extreme delay. So I can’t complain and will order again sometime =) the eyes really are very pretty

A current heads up on Tohickon: I ordered eyes in a number of colors and sizes from them two days ago; received a notice this morning that they were shipping out today. So depending on what you’re looking for, they *may* be back to reasonable turnaround times.

Tried a search, but wasn’t coming up with anything useful–has anyone tried using gems on the Ki-Rin’s tail? That last curve on the display side closest to the hooves is just itching to be filled. Unfortunately, all I have on hand right now are the 3mm gems from the small dragons, and those are just a tad too big.

If anyone has smaller gems lying around & can try it, I’d appreciate it so I don’t order the wrong size! ๐Ÿ™‚ And if anyone has other spots on the Ki-Rin they’ve filled, I’d love to see a pic.

And a followup question as I just opened etsy to look at the smaller gem sizes–does anyone use flat backs, for any of the sizes? Pros/cons/things to think about size-wise?

Jennifer
                  Participant

I just felt like sharing this little tidbit. Please feel free to delete or whatever if it is not acceptable.

I recently ordered some custom handpainted eyes from a wonderful Etsy seller (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/83888829). She takes taxidermy blanks and paints them to your specifications. She’s very easy to work with and won’t send the eyes to you until you are happy with them. Her prices are very reasonable as well. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ABlueRosesCreation

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

Out of curiousity, what’s a good place to look at to buy extra gems for the small dragon PYO? I’m looking for affordable pricing as well as good color selection =P I tried a few of the sites listed on the first post of this thread, but had issues navigating some of them and I’m not sure if they’re up to date or not. Thanks!

ChristinaV
                      Participant

Which eye color would be closest to the ones in these photos?

While no one is expected to leap tall buildings in a single
                        bound, our aspiring heroes will be tested on their courage,
                        integrity, self-sacrifice, compassion and resourcefulness -
                        the stuff of all true superheroes.
                        - Stan Lee

Sirithiliel
                        Participant

Which eye color would be closest to the ones in these photos?

Hm, are you wanting to know from the Windstone store options or from another site? =)

bayoudragon
                          Participant

Tohickon makes a lovely reddish brown. ๐Ÿ™‚ If you are ordering from Windstone, you would have to pick either the light brown or light red… depending on which direction you want to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 143 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.