PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Does anybody know the exact sizes of gems that the unicorn PYO takes? I wanted to buy some 1.5, 2, and 2.5 mm size ones for it but I don’t want to waste my money if it actually needs something like 1.7 mm gems instead.

bayoudragon
      Participant

Hi, Mika!

They really don’t have to be exact.   I use pp6, pp8, pp12, and pp18.  That is roughly 1.3mm, 1.5mm, 1.9mm, and 2.5mm.  The smaller ones just sit deeper in the holes (the really small holes I place gems in probably aren’t even meant for gems). You could easily use the sizes you have chosen.  🙂

Mika
        Participant

Oh, ok thanks for your help!

Melisa
          Participant

They look so good on her, it honestly almost looks like they were sculpted on!

Anonymous

I am needing 11mm Metallic Teal Eyes for Keeper Dragon and 11mm Metallic Tan Eyes any info on how I can Get these eyes for my PYO’s Keeper Dragons

tig3r06
              Participant

You can email Ms. Susie for them and they also ask us to send any unused eyes back to them in return. Sometimes we order an eye color when we order the sculpt and it ends up not working with the color scheme so Windstone is so kind to do this. I also order eyes from Dreaming Tree Studio on Etsy. Her eyes are fabulous! You can also request in your PYO order remarks to not receive any eyes or jewels if you have too many already, I’ve done that too.

NecrochildK
                Participant

Just wanted to share my particular favorite gem source on Etsy, Imortelle Bijouterie. They have some really beautiful swarovski types of unusual and rich colors. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImmortelleBijouterie?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=185689805

Isilwen1
                  Participant

Does anyone have a good vendor for 11mm slit-pupil eyes for the PYO Keeper?

I’ve been thinking that they would suit my current WIP better than regular eyes.

Woe unto ye that angers a dragon to flame!

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Check out Dreamingtreestudio – she has an Amazing assortment of fantasy and natural reptile custom eyes. You may need to wait a month or so because everything is custom made.

http://dreamingtreestudio.com/ColorCharts1.html

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
                      Participant

Is Dreamingtreestudio still making eyes tho? I think I saw on FB that they’re retiring from the eye business?

*Formerly meowmix101
                        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

I’m not sure – the last time I had an order was February 2020 and I don’t follow many people on FB.

Landipan
                          Participant

I just looked on the Dreamingtreestudio facebook page, it seems that as of Nov 2020 she is retiring from making eyes and will be liquidating her stock.

It’s a real shame, I really loved the quality and variety of eyes she offered!

*Formerly meowmix101
                            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

That is sad news for us – the quality of her eyes and the extreme variety was Awesome and will be missed. But Great for her to be able to retire! Hope she has Good Luck in her future endeavors.

Isilwen1
                              Participant

Well darn, I just looked at the website. All of those eyes were very nice!

Woe unto ye that angers a dragon to flame!

CozmicDreamer
                                Participant

Hello! This is Dreaming Tree Studio. I have gone through my mail and I wanted to come on here to let you all know what is happening regarding my Hand-Made poly resin irises for all your PYO needs;

Yes, it is true that I am going to stop making eyes, and irises. BUT…. This is the good news:

I have built up such an enormous stockpile of designs, and varieties in various stages of production that barring material availability, I have enough inventory to last for at least another couple of years! The Etsy Shop has RE-OPENED to accommodate ALL Liquidations. Actually… I just listed a decent amount of irises on there last week. If you purchase more than $35 dollars worth, the shipping is FREE for anyone living in the US. Canadian, and Overseas folks will never pay more that $7.50 USD no matter how much or little you purchase. ALL regular and semi-metallic sizes 4mm and up are $5. Any of my Special treatments like Full Metallic, Aura, Hologram, Carnival Glass, Dichro, and Fireglow are $10 per pair.

I know… the only down-side to my decision to end the eye making is that I will no longer take any custom orders. However, I have so many hundreds of design options that anyone can surely find “something” that will suit your PYO style.

Now… For the person who was looking for some 11mm Slit irises in a Teal color, I probably have something to meet your requirements. Just contact me directly, so I may help you! You can email me directly, or message my Studio on Etsy. You no longer have to be a member/join there to shop, or contact any of the sellers.

I will continue to cast up, and use up my materials until I LITERALLY have none left. There will be weekly, and sometimes even daily listings updated. “Don’t count me out just yet!” …I’m still in business for now… Come see for yourself!

Dreaming Tree Studio on Etsy

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.