PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYOs – gem & eye info sizes, sources, etc.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 143 total)
  • Author

I was told That they take the same eyes as a keeper….I will not know for sure until I receive my Foo Mom too.

Riversgrace
    Participant

Just found perfect gems at hobby lobby yesterday, 330 pieces (1mm-4mm) for 5.99 and they are exactly like what WS uses! πŸ™‚ And all different kinds of colors!!!!

Skylover
      Participant

i just nixed a foo dog mom anyone have the eye size on her yet please ^_^

I believe they take 8mm – the same size as the young dragon, griffin, and kirin. I took a look at some I bought from Dreaming Tree, and they appear to be the same size though not as thick. I’m planning on using some of the ones I bought once I finish painting mine.

i just nixed a foo dog mom anyone have the eye size on her yet please ^_^

I believe they take 8mm – the same size as the young dragon, griffin, and kirin. I took a look at some I bought from Dreaming Tree, and they appear to be the same size though not as thick. I’m planning on using some of the ones I bought once I finish painting mine.

8mm? I am expecting my foo mom to arrive sometime next week…

[Edit] Yep…she has arrived! She indeed does take 8’s. I must admit…I had expected her to be a bit larger, more like the size of a Keeper Dragon, or even a Griffin, But she is lovely and I have big plans for her. ^_^ [Edit]

I already received my Uni, and those eyes measured out a weird in-between size of 5.5 mms. The sockets are slightly larger than 6mms. It will be interesting to see the differences on the Foo Mom too.

Kirins have wildly different measurements of sockets to eyes. The Display side of the kirin socket is measured out at 9mms the far side socket is measured at 8.35…

Keepers have a solid 11.25 sockets
        Youngs have solid 8.2-8.3mms
        Phoenix have 6.2 sockets
        Foo Pups have 5.2 sockets on the right, and a deeper larger left socket of 5.35
        I do not have a Wolf yet…But I know the 4mms I make fit well.

I am aware that my castings seem lower than their glass masters but people need to know that using a bit of apoxi-sculpt to “Pad-Out” the backs works really, really well.
        I believe that having the ability use this method works wonders for symmetry. Because all the sockets vary in depth depending upon which mold the PYOs came from; It is easier to add to the backs rather than having to wedge a glass pair that may be too high into a socket and you may fracture the gypsum in the process. That is why Windstone always recommends checking the default eyes they come with, and gives out exchanges if they do not fit.

Since I began casting over 5 years ago, I have worked out most of the “kinks” regarding sizes and profiles. My castings now are very consistent. Actually…they are very much more so than the glass ones supplied by both Tohickon, and Vandykes.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Thank you so much for this!
          While I love the variety of the PYO eye color selections, but I would love to have a purple eye color deeper than the current Periwinkles and Lavender. Also, even though I may have a color scheme in mind for a PYO, I know that sometimes I may change my mind after I’ve received a piece to do.

Knowing the standard sizes and these links is a nice reference to get other eye or gem colors after the fact if my color scheme changes.

πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
          Participant

With the release of the MKs and all the eye colors for them, will there be new eye colors for wolves? Just guessing they may be the same size eye, the MK’s are so tiny.

Falcolf
            Participant

I would squeak for this! I have a colour scheme that I desperately want to paint on a winged wolf but it calls specifically for metallic teal eyes, and I love Windstone’s beautiful metallic teal eyes because they are the PERFECT shade but I will probably have to go to Tohickon for the eyes instead because Windstone doesn’t offer them on the wolf. πŸ™

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

bayoudragon
              Participant

I should have probably asked. I’m just assuming they are.

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

Anyone ever get the Kitty Griff gem size?

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Anyone ever get the Kitty Griff gem size?

That would be nice to know. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Falcolf
                    Participant

Does anyone know what ‘metallic tan’ looks like in the eye options? It’s not on the eye colour chart and this seemed the place to ask.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

JynXx
                      Participant

Does anyone know what ‘metallic tan’ looks like in the eye options? It’s not on the eye colour chart and this seemed the place to ask.

My Martial Eagle Male Gryphon by Melody has Metallic Tan eyes.
                        But I don’t see it as an eye color option for PYO pieces.
                        Might be something to ask
                        Susie?

Martial Eagle Test Paint #1

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
                        β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                        ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                        ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
                        β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                        β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                        β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Falcolf
                        Participant

It’s on the foops! That’s the only one I have seen it on though. Looks gorgeous and thank you! πŸ˜€

Excellent!

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Does anyone have jewel size info on the newer PYO sculpts? Particularly the PYO kitty griffin’s neck chain, but I don’t see the Hippocampus on the list yet, either (though I’m not lucky enough to have one, yet).

Thank you!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

MandBsMom
                            Participant

Does anyone have jewel size info on the newer PYO sculpts? Particularly the PYO kitty griffin’s neck chain, but I don’t see the Hippocampus on the list yet, either (though I’m not lucky enough to have one, yet).

Thank you!

If you click on the hippocampus, it gives the jewel size in the description. (Just checked, it’s 18pp) As for the eyes on the hippocampus, the description says 5mm, but I had ordered 4mm from Dreamingtree, and they fit just fine.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 143 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.