New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

It is not just the forum page; it’s slow switching in and out of different pages within forum.
      Tig3r06 is right; today for me about a 30 second delay where it used to be instantaneous switching.

Clay
      Keymaster

I have deactivated the plugin that was causing the forum to be slow. It was responsible for a few important features: quotes, signatures, and attachments (image uploads). For now I have replaced that plugin with others that do the same things. You won’t see any difference in quotes or signatures (except you will once again see the quoted text in your input field, so maybe that’s a plus!). Images will appear as clickable thumbnails at the bottom of your post. I will look for a solution that will give us inline images, but I couldn’t wait any longer to get the forum back to a reasonable speed, so pleas bear with me while I sort that out. In the meantime, page load speeds should be back to normal. Thanks

Suzanne-Marie
        Participant

Thank you Clay
          I value IT experts like you in the God category !!

LZ
          Participant

I am no longer seeing the notification that threads have new posts, both chrome and safari on PC and Mac.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

etruscan
            Participant

Firefox as well. Obviously this is a work in progress, but it is great to have the Forum running quickly again!

Kim
              Blocked

Yeah I noticed a couple days ago, the forum wouldn’t load at all on my Android phone and Chrome and then it was super slow after that the last couple days. Now I can’t see photos in the posts, just the attachments at the bottom. I hope you can fix that as I like seeing the big photos in posts and not having to click on each attachment.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
                Participant

Clay says that he is working to get the pictures showing in posts again. That feature was part of the plug-in causing the slow down, so he is looking for an alternative.

Clay
                  Keymaster

Ok, here is the latest on the forum speed issue. The forum software developer and I were able to identify the particular bit of code that’s causing the issue. It’s the part that identifies forums/topics/replies that are new since the last time you visited the forum. I have now reactivated the plugin that we’ve been using, but switched off the option to mark things as “new.” So…everything is back the way it has been (posts are back to displaying images inline), and the pages are loading quickly. The only exception is that nothing will be marked as “new” until he issues a bug fix for this problem, which he plans to do sometime next week. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Thanks for your patience and your input. Everything should be back to normal in a few days.

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Thank you very much Clay! That is an issue easily lived with. It’s been so nice tonight not to have to wait for pages to load!

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

The forum loading times are much snappier for me now, thanks for all your hard work Clay! It used to be quite a slog.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

JynXx
                        Participant

I’m a Chrome user, and loading the site is a lot faster now after all the fixes, but I’m still having issues with renewing Ads

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                          ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                          ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                          ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                          ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                          ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                          ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

When editing a post, are we able to remove photos as well? I accidentally uploaded 2 of the same photo and I cant see where it can be deleted. The only option I see is inserting it into the content, but no option to remove it.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Clay
                            Keymaster

When editing a post, are we able to remove photos as well? I accidentally uploaded 2 of the same photo and I cant see where it can be deleted. The only option I see is inserting it into the content, but no option to remove it.

When you edit a reply (post) you should see a little dropdown menu at the right side of the screen (see screenshot), which gives you the option to delete it.

delete-attachment

Angelika_Zen
                              Participant

Thanks Clay

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Nightcrow
                                Participant

Hey, Clay, has your email changed?

I’ve tried about three times in January to contact you by email (using clay@windstoneeditions.com) about a couple Forum issues, but never have had a response; it occurred to me today that maybe the email address had changed with the move to the new facility?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.