New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Clay
    Keymaster

Done

Upload limit is now 1MB for both classifieds and forum attachments. But anyone who knows how to reduce image file sizes, PLEASE do it. There’s really no need for any of these images to be more than 200K at the most. The huge image files bog down the site, so we may have to reduce that maximum file size at some point.

Kim
      Blocked

Has anyone else been getting too many email notifications for their classified ads about to expire? I got 72 email notifications in the last couple days ago and another 54 today.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Clay
        Keymaster

Yes, I know of at least 3 others who’ve had that issue lately. I’ve tried a few things to solve it, but clearly it’s still happening. I’m going to have to turn off those notifications altogether while I troubleshoot. In the meantime I will do my best to notify everyone manually when their ads are about to expire.

etruscan
          Participant

This is a compliment, not a concern – we can again search for dragons by color. Thank you!

Clay
            Keymaster

Yes, it’s not exactly a search, but there’s a page now of all the dragon color families, with swatches. We’ve also added a link to that page in the main navigation, along with links to In-Stock Dragons and In-Stock Products so that you can just browse what’s currently available if you want to. Those links have not yet been added to the mobile menu (that you would see when visiting the site on your phone) because I’m condsidering how best to add them without creating a ridiculously long mobile menu. Soon…

LZ
              Participant

Curious as to why some colors are listed in the colors menu, when they are retired/”postponed”? Colors such as amethyst or copper patina are not likely to be made anymore, or are they?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

GardenNinja
                Participant

I’m pretty sure copper patina isn’t retired. It was created to salvage less-than-perfect castings, so it will likely reappear sporadically as there are enough qualifying castings of a particular sculpt.

Last time I went through all the dragons (a long time ago), there were a few amethysts still in stock. Even if there aren’t and won’t be any, it is nice to be able to find all the pics of a particular color.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

are the classifieds still being entered manually by you, Clay? I have two expiring tomorrow and I haven’t gotten the option to renew them emails….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

GardenNinja
                    Participant

I haven’t gotten emails ahead of time, but I got expiration notices on my most recent two to expire.
                      You don’t need the notices to renew anymore. Select “Windstone Editions” from the menu bar upper left, then select “Dashboard” (only selection). From the dashboard, “Ad Management” is second from bottom.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I got the expired emails today too but good to know that new way to do it! thanks!

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Clay
                        Keymaster

Actually we’re removing the dashboard access for now, as it’s creating some security issues. The expired ad notices don’t seem to have the issue that the “ad expiring soon” messages had (sending multiple times), so for now you should use the links in the expired ad emails to renew them. Let me know if you have any trouble doing this.

GardenNinja
                          Participant

AAAAACK! You removed the number of notifications, too! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put that back. It’s annoying to have to go to the messages page just to find out if I have any new ones.

Clay
                            Keymaster

I will be working on this today. But you should receive an email whenever you have a new PM.

GardenNinja
                              Participant

And I suppose I would if my workplace didn’t block personal email. Including on my cell phone when I am at work, because it is theirs.
                                But I see you’ve put it back, for the time being anyway.

Bodancia
                                Participant

Hey Clay. Just noticed that you have made the font color red, when you are entering the body of a new email message to someone. Yikes! Boy, is Red hard to see clearly! Would you mind changing the color to yellow or aqua or some other color that will contrast a little better. Thanks!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.