New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

trying again with Firefox….

edit: works after adding WE to my whitelist with Adblocker Plus, weird but it worked….

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Clay
      Keymaster

EVERYONE: Adblocker has been causing a variety of problems for people lately when trying to use our site. If you are using Adblocker (or other ad-blocking software) and the site looks strange or isn’t behaving itself, please try whitelisting the Windstone site. If that doesn’t fix things, post here or PM me for assistance. I’m generally available 24/7 to help (unless I’m sleeping).

etruscan
        Participant

A notification/new message indicator. Thank you!

GardenNinja
          Participant

Yes, thanks for this!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

StormDancer
            Participant

This is a wonderful addition! Thank you!

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Where is my thread? Why isn’t it visible? 

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Did the forum eat the other three screenshots I included?

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Clay
                      Keymaster

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Mercedes Lackey post? For some reason it was flagged as spam. I’m un-flagging it now. If that’s not the post you’re looking for, let me know.

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That was the one. Thank you.</p>

pipsxlch
                          Participant

Is there a description somewhere for how us idiot luddites can post photos in the classifieds and in pms? For the life of me, I can’t figure out the ads, and don’t even see any place to put them in pms. I use the little icon that finds pictures on your computer and sizes them to post photos on the forums; I have been unable to find a photo hosting site I can understand since Photobucket self destructed. I use an old slow laptop running Windows 10 for photos-my only other device is a Samsung tablet that I don’t know how to do anything with photos in any way on, including loading them onto it. If photo size is an issue (??? in the forums the size is controlled I guess) I don’t know how to deal with that. Like I said, complete technoretard here. Help?

GardenNinja
                            Participant

Pipsxlch,
                              The only way to get pictures into a PM is to have them hosted. Have you tried Imgur for hosting? http://imgur.com
                              If you can get your photos there, I can help with how to get them in a PM.

For ads, you can either have them hosted and use the same method as in a PM, or you can upload them to Windstone. For that, the photos must be at least a certain size in pixels (don’t recall exactly how many pixels), and below 1 MB in file size. I have Windows 10 also, and I couldn’t quickly figure out how to resize with the new photos or paint 3D apps. So I switched back to Paint. I don’t recall if Paint is the default Edit app, or if I changed the default in the registry (a very advanced method I don’t recommend you try). To open in Paint, right click on the photo in windows explorer. First, try selecting Edit, and see if that opens it in Paint. If so, go to my next paragraph. If not, close that app, and do over selecting “Open With” about half-way down, and select Paint. If it doesn’t show Paint in the list, select “Choose Another App” at the bottom, and find Paint.

Once you have it open in Paint, look at the size listed at the bottom of the window. Keep in mind that file size shrinks according to square of difference. So if your file is 2 Mb, and you resize to 50%, it will be way smaller than 1 Mb. Select Resize in the menu, enter a percentage, then select “Save As” and give it a new name. Then look at the resulting file size shown at the bottom. If you shrank it too much, close Paint, delete the new file, then reopen the original file and do over with a different percentage. If it is still too big, you can just resize again. Don’t try resizing upward, because once it is saved, the detail is lost.

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Thanks so much GardenNinja! I opened an Imgur account and added a handful of pics, for me that’s an accomplishment. Then I’ve spent the last hour and a half following your instructions on resizing, took me awhile but I think I have it figured out, your instructions worked just right once I figured out what I was doing. Now to see if I can download tbem from my computer into an ad… don’t actually need to send any PM pics at this moment but have felt guilty putting pics into forum threads where they don’t belong. Then go play with the Imgur to see if I can figure out linking from it. If I can figure this out maybe I can finally set up a PYO gallery lol.

Edit IT WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU GardenNinja! Big cyber hug! Looks like the images have to be less that 900KB to be acceptable, even though it says 1MB, but IT WORKED finally!

GardenNinja
                                Participant

Great! So… is Paint the default Edit app, or did you have to “Open With”?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.